Citigroup sets its sights on another acquisition

Full story: Orlando Sentinel
After its earlier bid to buy Wachovia Corp. failed, Citigroup Inc. now has a major regional bank in its crosshairs, according to published reports today. Full Story
Talon

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#1 Nov 10, 2008
I predict that if Citi is going to attempt an acquisition of another bank, it will not provide enough of a deposit base to save that bank. Any “regional” bank that Citi would acquire would not add enough value to save Citi. The reality of it is; Citi is a Titanic ship, and all the BOD has been doing is re-arranging deck chairs while the ship continues to sink under its own blotted weight. I would suggest that Citi will be forced by the FED into a shot-gun wedding with one of the following “bigger banks”; JP Morgan, BoA or Wells Fargo. If this occurs, the executives from Citi should be jailed. Lets see if I am correct

-Talon
Wrongfully Fired 2007

Gretna, VA

#2 Nov 11, 2008
Talon wrote:
I predict that if Citi is going to attempt an acquisition of another bank, it will not provide enough of a deposit base to save that bank. Any “regional” bank that Citi would acquire would not add enough value to save Citi. The reality of it is; Citi is a Titanic ship, and all the BOD has been doing is re-arranging deck chairs while the ship continues to sink under its own blotted weight. I would suggest that Citi will be forced by the FED into a shot-gun wedding with one of the following “bigger banks”; JP Morgan, BoA or Wells Fargo. If this occurs, the executives from Citi should be jailed. Lets see if I am correct
-Talon
I hope you are right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deposit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
an old church (Nov '11) Nov 5 English 2
Ex-NYPD officer charged with murder upstate, co... Oct 31 Site Investigations 1
Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Oct 25 obama the clown 16
james mohney Sep '14 lmao 1
Giving Back: Food pantry volunteers for 15 year... Aug '14 Matt Tiberius Ryan 6
West Branch flooding (Aug '11) Jul '14 scrod ballz 5
Bainbridge hosts regatta celebrations this weekend Jun '14 Streetrunner 1
Deposit Dating
Find my Match

Deposit People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Deposit News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deposit

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]