Wells Fargo Acquiring Wachovia for $1...

Wells Fargo Acquiring Wachovia for $15.1 Billion

There are 67 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Oct 3, 2008, titled Wells Fargo Acquiring Wachovia for $15.1 Billion. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

In an abrupt change of course, Wachovia said Friday it agreed to be acquired by San Francisco-based Wells Fargo & Co.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
love2poop

Warren, NJ

#65 Oct 9, 2008
Citi needs the Wachovia deal. They're on the verge of filing bankruptcy. Check out CNN.com .
GIVE ME A BREAK

Tazewell, VA

#66 Oct 9, 2008
Marc wrote:
<quoted text>
It's really simple. Citi can look in its wallet and find some more cash for a stronger offer or lose the acquisition to Wells Fargo and get thrown some scraps (percent of deposits or cash payout). Given Citi's financial position the former doesn't seem likely.
2 Trillion in assets. The ability to raise more capital than any financial company in the world. What happenned Marc? holding wachovia stock? Everyone knew WaMu was next followed by "walk all over ya". Everyone close to the industry seen this coming in late August.
Alan Dekay

Mexico

#67 Oct 9, 2008

Proof Citibank is going under....
GIVE ME A BREAK

Tazewell, VA

#68 Oct 9, 2008
Need an umbrella?
signed
Mary Poppins
HappyWachovia

United States

#69 Oct 9, 2008
Alan Dekay wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =eKgPY1adc0AXX
Proof Citibank is going under....
lol
hmmmm

Vancouver, WA

#70 Oct 9, 2008
Well it is over Wells Fargo has bought Citi bank. Citi is still trying to sue which will be tied up for years and probably amount to nothing, but now Wells Fargo is east coast, merger expeced to be complete by end of quarter.
Marc

West Chester, PA

#71 Oct 11, 2008
GIVE ME A BREAK wrote:
2 Trillion in assets. The ability to raise more capital than any financial company in the world. What happenned Marc? holding wachovia stock? Everyone knew WaMu was next followed by "walk all over ya". Everyone close to the industry seen this coming in late August.
2 trillion in assets and still walking away. I hope you're not holding Citi stock. They're next after National City if things don't turn around. I thought it was idiotic to lash the sinking Frigate Wachovia to the Titanic Citi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deposit Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Joseph Smith's Arrest Records Found (Jun '08) Jun 22 Artie 41
News Know how to determine if your bank is in trouble (Oct '08) Apr '16 Lori 2
News LANDSLIDE: Voters approve Vestal library district Apr '16 LOL 1
Melissa Stever where are you Apr '16 hustlerMan 1
News Classifieds (Dec '15) Dec '15 town of Tompkins 1
News Classifieds (Dec '15) Dec '15 town of Tompkins 1
News FBI warns NY police about anti-Islam Arizona man (Nov '15) Nov '15 Nancy 5

Deposit Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance