Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish...

Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY

There are 59708 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 14, 2007, titled Buffalo Diocese Announces More Parish Closings Across WNY. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The Diocese of Buffalo's "Journey of Faith and Grace" has led to the closings of more parishes across Western New York.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Anonymous

United States

#53424 Jan 20, 2013
A whiff of Nordic air knocked down the safety fence set up by the Diocese around the St. Anne’s property. How ironic that the unsafe bell town remained standing and untouched.
Remember

Buffalo, NY

#53425 Jan 20, 2013
No two priests DO IT the same!!!!!!!!!!
Joachim

Clinton, MA

#53426 Jan 20, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
A whiff of Nordic air knocked down the safety fence set up by the Diocese around the St. Anne’s property. How ironic that the unsafe bell town remained standing and untouched.
That's because the tower is strong, structurally sound, and divinely protected. Too bad the diocese isn't.
Msgr Goodski

Mohegan Lake, NY

#53427 Jan 20, 2013
Joachim wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because the tower is strong, structurally sound, and divinely protected. Too bad the diocese isn't.
Probably,St Ann's will be shut down. It's just too expensive to maintain. The Jesuits saw the handwriting on the wall a long time ago and pulled out.
Anonymous

United States

#53428 Jan 20, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
<quoted text>Probably,St Ann's will be shut down. It's just too expensive to maintain. The Jesuits saw the handwriting on the wall a long time ago and pulled out.
The Arts Center wanted to buy it, provided it could use it also or Catholic services. How is it that private owners can do what the Diocese can not? St. Ann's is not ANY church....
Really

Buffalo, NY

#53429 Jan 20, 2013
Joachim wrote:
<quoted text>
Divinely protected like the priest in the Falls at the "Divine Mercy?"
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53430 Jan 20, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
I went to Corpus Christi one time and I got an ear full of Gossip.
That is NOT what my family and I are looking for in a Church.
No focus on Eucharist there!
I go to Corpus Christi and I say hello to the people and when I leave I say have a nice day. I don't tell anybody anything and nobody tells me anything. I don't think you hear gossip from the priests on the alter. But like everywhere, if you look for dirt, dirt finds you.3
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53431 Jan 20, 2013
enlightened wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Oprah Winfrey should interview Mr. Chalupka and ask him why he was fooling everyone for so long, and living a lie. I feel bad for the people of Corpus Christi. Maybe that is why they are so selective of who goes there and they eliminate those they do not want. They are being very careful.
Tell us how they eliminate you if you go to mass and MYOB as Dear Abbey used to say. You sound like you are looking for trouble or looking to cause trouble and nobody wants you bcause we have enough troublemakers already. Don't think we are so dumb, we do know who they are. It's the nice people we can count on two hands.
Joachim

Clinton, MA

#53432 Jan 20, 2013
Msgr Goodski wrote:
<quoted text>Probably,St Ann's will be shut down. It's just too expensive to maintain. The Jesuits saw the handwriting on the wall a long time ago and pulled out.
If it's too expensive to maintain, how has the parish been doing it with no problems for so long? And "pulling out" or running away are no ways to address handwriting on a wall. The Jesuits are doing no favors to anyone by hiding.
anon

Buffalo, NY

#53433 Jan 21, 2013
No two priest DO IT the same!!!!!!!!!

Said it before and I'll say it again and again!
Anonymous

United States

#53434 Jan 21, 2013
Florida

Buffalo, NY

#53435 Jan 22, 2013
Is Gatto and Zapfel going to Florida together this winter? What is binding their friendship together?Anything special?
Martin Luther King

Buffalo, NY

#53436 Jan 22, 2013
Did Fr. John Mock go to the Rochester Spa to educate his seminarians in multisexuality yesterday afternoon? Who else visited this 'gay pilgrimage house?'
Martin Luther King

Buffalo, NY

#53437 Jan 22, 2013
Did any 'famous couples' go to the Toronto Spas? How about Mattulke and Orlowski?
Martin Luther King

Buffalo, NY

#53438 Jan 22, 2013
Where did Joe R. go?
Funerals

Buffalo, NY

#53439 Jan 22, 2013
Any funerals scheduled at the historic building of Holy Trinity in tha Falls?
Rumor

Buffalo, NY

#53440 Jan 22, 2013
Solid rumor is circulating in the Falls that there are some funerals scheduled at St. George's Church? What is going on?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53441 Jan 22, 2013
Rumor wrote:
Solid rumor is circulating in the Falls that there are some funerals scheduled at St. George's Church? What is going on?
Is St. George's a Catholic Church?
anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53442 Jan 22, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Is St. George's a Catholic Church?
Anglican?
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#53443 Jan 22, 2013
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Anglican?
I believe so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Depew Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Blue Wall 5 min Stranger 6
All Liberals Are Sociopaths (Jun '13) 5 hr Ibid 160
Best Value Kitchens Of Europe Reviews 10 hr tobilkadal 1
any girl phonesex with this guy? (Mar '13) 10 hr Yumyum 88
A Buffalo Favorite! 17 hr Abdullah McCarthy 2
Review: Collision Master LLC Thu BODY SHOP 4
NEW! Kingsmen MC Top Ten List! MUST READ! (Nov '08) Thu TheWeaponsystem 121
More from around the web

Depew People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE