|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2013

Judged:

I have noticed lately every time I go out mostly at night the Stanley
police will run up on you and pull you over and then another one comes flying up and blocks the area like you are a criminal. They have not pulled me or my family over but they will follow you and stay on your bumper and it makes you feel like you are being harassed. I know that this is not the actions of Chief Summey he is a #1 guy. I am just wondering if he knows that at least 2 of his night time officers are causing Stanley to get a bad name. These people that the officers are subjecting to harassment are not criminals they are moms, dads, grandparents young men and women starting families. They are taxpaying citizens of Stanley that deserve respect. We should also respect the police they are here to protect and serve but what these two guys are doing is not protecting or serving. We all want our city safe but at the same time pulling people over for really no legitimate reason is not what Stanley wants to be known for. I have seen them sit at the edge of town and go way outside the city limits and pull people over on Hwy 27 and on Hickory Grove road.
Please officers STOP acting like you own the town the wonderful citizens of Stanley do pay your salary.
Grateful

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Crime is up all over this area. I am grateful they are being vigilant. You gave no concrete example of why people were told they were stopped. Without specifics, I cannot judge their actions. I'll err on the side of caution - there a lot of bad people out there.
Stanley Grandma

Mount Holly, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

There are a lot of bad people but there are also a lot of good people. More good than bad. I have lived a long time, watched a lot of people and I understand what Concerned Citizen is saying. My grandson goes thru Stanley early in the morning before there is much traffic. He goes the same way every day. They follow him all the way thru Stanley all the time. He is a good fellow only going to work to provide for his family. Why ? would they follow him every day.Go over and watch the crack dealers. They know who they are. They know the crime areas.
Watch the criminals. Following a honest hard working man out of town even several miles outside the city limits is uncalled for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Denver Discussions

Search the Denver Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 36 min Waco 1909 49,410
Gospel news: Big night of music coming to Don G... 12 hr Nathaniel roland 1
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Thu Hollister 5
anybody (Sep '13) Apr 14 Still looking 2
stores Apr 12 confused 3
careful who you put your trust in (Dec '12) Apr 11 WhoMe 8
child touches another child on school bus Apr 11 WhoMe 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••