Anchors aweigh: Marina has plan for restaurant in Gaston County

Apr 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Gaston Gazette

A new marina with 191 boat slips is about to open on the Catawba River in Mount Holly, anchoring a development that will soon include retail space and concessions.

Comments
41 - 45 of 45 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Bull Dog Lover

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

hearmeout wrote:
I think this bridge is a good idea. I think the marina and restaurant is a Great Idea. I hope them the best of luck.
I also have a lot of friends in riverfront it seems like a nice place to live, I have never seen ANY Drunks in the place. I think the people that live in Riverfront are happy with this plan to build. I also look forward to a new restaurant/bar on the river it will be a nice change of pace.
The damm bridge is not worth $80,000 so drunks can go across the river at that point! NO U don.t see any drunks thanks to the MH police they patrol pretty good in that area. Check the police reports (its public information)and U will see how many has been stopped for DWI.
Riverfront Owner

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2010

Judged:

hearmeout wrote:
I think this bridge is a good idea. I think the marina and restaurant is a Great Idea. I hope them the best of luck.
I also have a lot of friends in riverfront it seems like a nice place to live, I have never seen ANY Drunks in the place. I think the people that live in Riverfront are happy with this plan to build. I also look forward to a new restaurant/bar on the river it will be a nice change of pace.
What good will the bridge be? Not anyone in this area wants a bridge to "WASTE WATER' Most of us would welcome a good restaurant in this area. The one proposed to come is not even considered a 2 star eating place.They couldn't make it where they was at,and I feel sure they will not make it here. There are more DWI's in this area than anywhere else in Mount Holly. Why,because they stop by the bars in Charlotte at Happy Hour,and think they can slip back home.But thanks to the Mt Holly Police they get caught. Yes there are some wonderful people liveing in Riverfront,and most of them don't want the rif-raft that the marina bar will bring. Its a known fact--that when U get beer and the likes on a river it brings trouble in more ways than one.
Another RF resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2010

Judged:

Speaking of wonderful people liveing here,and the restarent here. Today just about 10mins ago MH Police stopped a resident for robbering a bank. I guess he is haveing a hard time paying his bar tab,on no the bar isn't open yet----maybe he can't pay his house payement ! I guess his welfare check hasn't arrived yet. Most of the residents, are drug dealing or on Goverment Welfare. Sit at the top of the hill at Tuck Road and see for yourself who comes into this area.
Wondering

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2010

The Observer wrote:
Not a restaurant. Just another burger joint.
So just when is this place supposed to open? They had a big to do announcing this place, but I haven't heard one thing about it since.

Would appreciate your information.
I-Will-At-Least- Try-It

Blackwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Wherever there is alcohol, there is that realistic percentage of drunks. Can we at least keep an open mind to change? If it fails, it fails. One thing those Yankees have coming here, is additional perspective; they probably do know the difference. Change is not always easy...it IS however, constant and is everywhere.

I'm typically not one of the slamming negative posters, however, a realist and this must be expressed: As for the Knife & Fork? What a joke! That place is filthy amongst other terrible 'things'. I am surprised that the health department hasn't shut them down. It is in its own classification. Yes, the owners do need a bit of humbling. Nothing but rude, but can sure put on a show to your face, if need be. Anything, alcohol or not, has to be better than that embarrassment-on-Main.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Denver Discussions

Search the Denver Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 14 min WV Mountaineer 56,628
Leaders: I-77 expanding with toll lanes will ha... (May '11) Jul 25 elsie 2
Mothers that leaves their children Jul 21 Scott-L 15
nurse works at prison Jul 15 Scott-L 2
parking tickets Jul 13 Kayla 4
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Jul 3 Barney Fife 66
Pop Warner football Jul '14 Gang Banger 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••