Anchors aweigh: Marina has plan for r...

Anchors aweigh: Marina has plan for restaurant in Gaston County

There are 46 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Apr 4, 2010, titled Anchors aweigh: Marina has plan for restaurant in Gaston County. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

A new marina with 191 boat slips is about to open on the Catawba River in Mount Holly, anchoring a development that will soon include retail space and concessions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

Mark Lynch

United States

#21 Apr 11, 2010
Joe Wilkes wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information Belmont is the one with over developement on the Catawba River, Mt.Holly only has one Developement on Catawba River and that is the Riverfront Community while Belmont has far more homes and are still Building like there is no tommorow so if you have a problem with this why don`t you talk to the City of Belmont Planning and Zoning Board and have them to cut out all the Developements on the Catawba River and see how that goes over. It seems OK to Build on the Catawba River as long as it is Belmont but not anyone else. And I don`t know you but I would bet you live in Belmont.
Odd comments Joe. The last time I looked, the Belmont city limits only touch a small area of the Catawaba River, and Belmont isn't even close to Lake Norman.
Joe Wilkes

Clarksville, TN

#22 Apr 12, 2010
Mark Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>Odd comments Joe. The last time I looked, the Belmont city limits only touch a small area of the Catawaba River, and Belmont isn't even close to Lake Norman.
So tell me Reflection Point and Pinsto neighborhoods are not in the City of Belmont?

Since: May 09

Belmont

#23 Apr 12, 2010
RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>I thought the one at the old Jail or Police station was a up-scale restaurant ?
You are referring to the Oldstone Steakhouse. They are not up-scale. They just think they are. I cannot understand the old English style (Sammy's the same). We declared our independence from England in 1776 so why is there still a need to have that dark, dismal, depressing decor that is old England. The English themselves don't even aspouse to it anymore. On the other hand that's are all we have right now.
Is It True

Mount Holly, NC

#24 Apr 12, 2010
You call Mid Town sucessful? They had to shut down the one at Mountain Island for lack of business.
VotinJoe

United States

#25 Apr 12, 2010
1. Midtown had horrible service. It was mostly a drinking hole. I went to the one on 16 twice - terrible service - OK food but run by a bunch of kids- no wonder it failed.

2. Is this thread about Belmont? Why is on here? LOL.
GREAT FOOD

Raleigh, NC

#26 Apr 13, 2010
THE CITY CAFE ON MAIN ST HAS ANY KIND OF FOOD YOU WANT TRY IT 3268
GREAT FOOD

Raleigh, NC

#27 Apr 13, 2010
try the city cafe on main st down town it is a great place to eat
United States

#28 Apr 13, 2010
Is It True wrote:
You call Mid Town sucessful? They had to shut down the one at Mountain Island for lack of business.
Parking and access in and out of their sucks. That certainly didn't help.
Concern Citizen

United States

#29 Apr 13, 2010
VotinJoe wrote:
1. Midtown had horrible service. It was mostly a drinking hole. I went to the one on 16 twice - terrible service - OK food but run by a bunch of kids- no wonder it failed.
2. Is this thread about Belmont? Why is on here? LOL.
Hay dumb ass read the thread "ANCHORS AWEIGH;MARINA HAS PLAN FOR RESTAURANT IN GASTON COUNTY'
kat

Kings Mountain, NC

#30 Apr 13, 2010
knife and fork sucks!!!!
Huckleberry finn

Midland, NC

#31 Apr 13, 2010
That marina is a dud. Its not going anywhere and Ill bet there will never be a resaurant.Just another bankrupcy the taxpayer will have to bail out.
kat

Kings Mountain, NC

#32 Apr 13, 2010
Huckleberry finn wrote:
That marina is a dud. Its not going anywhere and Ill bet there will never be a resaurant.Just another bankrupcy the taxpayer will have to bail out.
pete you scared it's going to take your business if a new restaurant opens??? Well let's hope so
Concern Citizen

West Monroe, LA

#33 Apr 13, 2010
Huckleberry finn wrote:
Oh it will happon-it may not make it--but it will go,just for the drunks that will hang out at it
GREAT FOOD

Raleigh, NC

#34 Apr 14, 2010
just come to the city cafe and eat some good down home cooking and great service ask for lana she is great
Concern Citizen

United States

#35 Apr 14, 2010
GREAT FOOD wrote:
just come to the city cafe and eat some good down home cooking and great service ask for lana she is great
This place is as bad as knife & fork. They act as though they are doing U a favor waiting on you.The first and last time I went to that so called place, they treated my wife and I as they was doing me a favor waiting on us. The magement"s nose was so high in the air,if it rained he would dround. No way will I ever go back,and tell others to stay away also
Redneck Yankee

Charlotte, NC

#36 Apr 14, 2010
I saw in the Belmont paper to-day that Mount Holly's mayor is quiet excited about the Marina. I wish them all the luck in the world. Maybe some of the onslautht of Belmont tourists can visit.
Concern Citizen

United States

#37 Apr 14, 2010
Redneck Yankee wrote:
I saw in the Belmont paper to-day that Mount Holly's mayor is quiet excited about the Marina. I wish them all the luck in the world. Maybe some of the onslautht of Belmont tourists can visit.
Yea the MH Mayor will be happy, he's going to get his bridge to nowhere built, so he and his "BUTT HOLE BUDDIES" can travel across the river to WASTE WATER and ride their bikes, and come back and bellie up to the bar.
hearmeout

Murfreesboro, TN

#38 Apr 21, 2010
I think this bridge is a good idea. I think the marina and restaurant is a Great Idea. I hope them the best of luck.
I also have a lot of friends in riverfront it seems like a nice place to live, I have never seen ANY Drunks in the place. I think the people that live in Riverfront are happy with this plan to build. I also look forward to a new restaurant/bar on the river it will be a nice change of pace.
Tariq

United States

#39 Apr 21, 2010
Redneck Yankee wrote:
Yes- anything to get the drunks out of Belmont! Lure them all to MH! I think it's great!
The Boss

Charlotte, NC

#40 Apr 21, 2010
The marina is great! It's beautiful and prime to be a great destination for Mt. Holly and Gaston county. The signs include office space and condos in the future...once real estate picks back up.

It's nice to see something...anything happening!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gypsies in the Charlotte area (Jan '14) Feb 17 ThomasA 9
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Jan 29 Usmc wife 24
Why is the sheriff's department at the school's... Jan 29 pissed off 1
News Man accused of sexually assaulting 13-year-old ... (Mar '11) Jan 29 pissed off 16
BEWARE OF These INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS (Jan '15) Jan '17 yo mooma 9
Any easy girls in Denver? (Jun '16) Jan '17 True Republican 4
kayaks for sale Jan '17 Newton 1

Denver Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages