Anchors aweigh: Marina has plan for restaurant in Gaston County

Apr 4, 2010 Full story: The Gaston Gazette 45

A new marina with 191 boat slips is about to open on the Catawba River in Mount Holly, anchoring a development that will soon include retail space and concessions.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
pay back

Statesville, NC

#1 Apr 8, 2010
For years I put my canoe in the water there. Now a sign tells me I cant go there. Do you think im going to patronize a restaurant there?
metoo

Clover, SC

#2 Apr 9, 2010
i hope this restaurant takes business away from the knife and fork....
Is It True

Mount Holly, NC

#3 Apr 9, 2010
It's supposedly going to be a Mid Town Sundrie, whoopee. Yuck. Canoe in the Catawba River? You would be safer swimming at the lake by Three Mile Island.
Reb

Concord, NC

#4 Apr 9, 2010
Is It True wrote:
It's supposedly going to be a Mid Town Sundrie, whoopee. Yuck. Canoe in the Catawba River? You would be safer swimming at the lake by Three Mile Island.
The Yankees won't know the difference..........
The Observer

Rockingham, NC

#5 Apr 9, 2010
Not a restaurant. Just another burger joint.
hopeful

United States

#6 Apr 9, 2010
Why is everyone so negative. This restaurant chain has been successful in our area and the food is good. Besides, it is a business coming to Mount Holly. We need business desperately. They bring people, they hire people, they generate tax revenue for the city. I don't get why people in this town are so quick to jump on the negative side of everything.

Since: May 09

Belmont

#7 Apr 9, 2010
hopeful wrote:
Why is everyone so negative. This restaurant chain has been successful in our area and the food is good. Besides, it is a business coming to Mount Holly. We need business desperately. They bring people, they hire people, they generate tax revenue for the city. I don't get why people in this town are so quick to jump on the negative side of everything.
I don't think people mean to be negative. I certainly wish them luck. It's just that we are desperate for a real restaurant. Fast food is every place.
RESIDENT

United States

#8 Apr 9, 2010
Glam Dicenn wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think people mean to be negative. I certainly wish them luck. It's just that we are desperate for a real restaurant. Fast food is every place.
Do U really think this will be a real restaurant? Stop and think..How easy will it be to find thre place,go through the Riverfront sub-divison,off the main roads? How many good restaurants,do U find hidden behind a houseing development? Most people who will use it will be boaters off the river or people at Riverfront. I wish them luck,but don't get my hopes up for it to last.
RESIDENT

United States

#9 Apr 9, 2010
hopeful wrote:
Why is everyone so negative. This restaurant chain has been successful in our area and the food is good. Besides, it is a business coming to Mount Holly. We need business desperately. They bring people, they hire people, they generate tax revenue for the city. I don't get why people in this town are so
quick to jump on the negative side of everything.
I must be wrong---I though a restaurant chain was more than 2,if U are speaking of Knife & Fork, there is only 1 the other in Monroe is really not connected to Mt. Holly

Since: May 09

Belmont

#10 Apr 9, 2010
RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>Do U really think this will be a real restaurant? Stop and think..How easy will it be to find thre place,go through the Riverfront sub-divison,off the main roads? How many good restaurants,do U find hidden behind a houseing development? Most people who will use it will be boaters off the river or people at Riverfront. I wish them luck,but don't get my hopes up for it to last.
I was lamenting the fact that it is NOT a real restaurant.
RESIDENT

United States

#11 Apr 9, 2010
Glam Dicenn wrote:
<quoted text>
I was lamenting the fact that it is NOT a real restaurant.
What do U consider a real restaurant? Any place that U go that doesn't have a drive thru window---I though was a real restaurant, am I wrong?
kat

Clover, SC

#12 Apr 9, 2010
RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
What do U consider a real restaurant? Any place that U go that doesn't have a drive thru window---I though was a real restaurant, am I wrong?
Anything has to be better than the knife and fork.

Since: May 09

Belmont

#13 Apr 10, 2010
Reb wrote:
<quoted text>
The Yankees won't know the difference..........
A perfect example of southern charm blossoming!!! rotflmao.

“why not?”

Since: Mar 10

Rockingham, NC

#14 Apr 10, 2010
the yankee/southern crap really gets on my nerves. i love the south, but i suure don't think its better than anywhere else & i suuure don't think the northerners are stupid or something. is that what they call southern charm????

Since: May 09

Belmont

#15 Apr 10, 2010
RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
What do U consider a real restaurant? Any place that U go that doesn't have a drive thru window---I though was a real restaurant, am I wrong?
Restaurants are generally rated by 1-5 stars. 1 or 2 being typically casual places to eat. By real restaurants we mean nicer places that you can go for a special occasion. We don't have any of them in Belmont.
Mark Lynch

United States

#16 Apr 10, 2010
I think the real problem here is over use of the Catawaba River. Something needs to be done to restrict development on the river. Water quality issues are at the point that there there might even be the potential need to completely retrict all boating on Lake Norman and Lake Wylie.
Joe Wilkes

United States

#17 Apr 11, 2010
Mark Lynch wrote:
I think the real problem here is over use of the Catawaba River. Something needs to be done to restrict development on the river. Water quality issues are at the point that there there might even be the potential need to completely retrict all boating on Lake Norman and Lake Wylie.
For your information Belmont is the one with over developement on the Catawba River, Mt.Holly only has one Developement on Catawba River and that is the Riverfront Community while Belmont has far more homes and are still Building like there is no tommorow so if you have a problem with this why don`t you talk to the City of Belmont Planning and Zoning Board and have them to cut out all the Developements on the Catawba River and see how that goes over. It seems OK to Build on the Catawba River as long as it is Belmont but not anyone else. And I don`t know you but I would bet you live in Belmont.
RESIDENT

United States

#18 Apr 11, 2010
Glam Dicenn wrote:
<quoted text>
Restaurants are generally rated by 1-5 stars. 1 or 2 being typically casual places to eat. By real restaurants we mean nicer places that you can go for a special occasion. We don't have any of them in Belmont.
I thought the one at the old Jail or Police station was a up-scale restaurant ?
RESIDENT

United States

#19 Apr 11, 2010
From what I understood yesterday, The new restaurant,to be built in Riverfront in Mt. Holly,will be a up-scale Bar.Every thing that was talked about was the residents of Riverfront,on how many boat sips the had,and how many ther was to rent. About haveing a Ships Store down stairs,and a "WONDERFUL LARGE BAR" up stairs. But I guess I'm old fashion, I though a Up-Scale restaurant was a place,where good food was served,and not a hang out for riverfront drunks!
Concern Citizen

United States

#20 Apr 11, 2010
I also thought it was a up-scale place. By the way Citizens of Mt.Holly--Get ready for a Tax Hike of some sort. The "Fat Ace Mayor" was overherd stateing that the "Bridge to nowhere"(Waste Water) would be built from Tuck-Park to Waste Water,across the river.He wasn't leaning back in at a desk, with his belly sticking out this time, he was serious this time. His large ace,and pork belly was seen and overherd at the detication of Tailgate,that it would happon--this is suppose to bring thousands of visitors to Mt.Holly,and increase business.More drunks from across the river to add to the bar hounds of Tailrace. Approx.$80.000 to build this bridge...SAVE YOUR PENNIES CITIZENS OF MT.HOLLY ! "YOUR GOING TO PAY FOR IT,ONE WAY OR ANOTHER" U PUT THIS IDIOT IN OFFICE"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 4 hr Red Square 60,199
Pop Warner football Sep 23 Hawks 22
Deputies charge man for 2010 breaking and entering Sep 20 movingon 1
9-11 never forget !!!! Sep 13 Never Forget 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in North Caro... (Oct '10) Sep 9 Waco 28
5th third bank employee accused... Sep 5 downwithlosers777 1
Review: Tire Kingdom Sep 3 mnjack82 3
Denver Dating
Find my Match

Denver Jobs

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]