NC soldier dies after fight over Jimmy Buffet song

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Steamboat Springs, Colo. A Fort Bragg soldier was killed after a bar fight triggered by an argument over a Jimmy Buffet song playing on a jukebox.
Comments
41 - 50 of 50 Comments Last updated Aug 3, 2010
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pirate looking at forty

Brooklyn, NY

#42 Jan 14, 2009
greenasheville wrote:
why dont we get drunk - and kill!
Screw that

Since: Jan 09

Apo, AE

#43 Jan 15, 2009
and i thought jimmy made you mellow out
Well Honey

United States

#44 Jan 15, 2009
John Holiday wrote:
and i thought jimmy made you mellow out
He does, the second you turn it off.
james

Gorham, ME

#45 Jan 16, 2009
Ghost Dog wrote:
"Marine" what does that mean, they are just flesh and bone with an attitude, pour in some booze and you have a jerk with a loud mouth but nothing more.
the army always lose in highland falls ny to thugs
Pvt Joker

Simpsonville, SC

#46 Mar 7, 2009
I wonder if they played "Cheeseburger in Paradise" at the funeral.......
USN

Charlotte, NC

#47 Mar 9, 2009
Does it surprise anyone? These guys have experienced traumatizing things. I think more attention needs to be spent on working with soldiers coming back from combat.
Grim Reaper

Lawrenceville, GA

#48 Mar 25, 2009
I was in jail once for 6 hours and found it horrific. The Capote brothers are looking at a few months at the very least. Most likely a couple years. That is a lot of time when you are in your twenties. Waste of life.

"Don't %$#@ with Miami". I wonder if they knew how much that slogan would change their lives forever. Hopefully they are still in denial. Got to stay sane somehow with the prospect of rotting away in a cell in their future.
Billy

Denver, NC

#49 Mar 28, 2009
lol, some people are just idiotic. How would a disagreement over a song go to the point of killing someone? Its a feaking SONG! Geez...it was probably escalated to that point by the soldier's alcohol fueled ego. But I wasnt there, so I dont know. Any how...why wasnt the soldier responsible enough not to let something so stupid go so far?
army wife

Saint Pauls, NC

#50 Aug 3, 2010
Former soldier wrote:
A special forces soldier got beat up,what they don't teach them how to fight anymore.That's embarrasing to the army its not like it use to be hardcore
they train our soliders to FIGHT in a war they should need to fight in our country ppl need to grow the FUCK UP, this should of even hit the news! it simple should of beena solider died at ft bragg, he is still a hero willing to die for this country, show some respect! my husband is in and has been for several years and is currently deployed, god bless our troops all of them past present and future!
Pirate Turns Forty

Bronx, NY

#51 Aug 3, 2010
junkndisorderly wrote:
I think Buffett sucks too but damn.
Parrotheads unite.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 3 hr State of Florida 58,896
Pop Warner football Thu Mthollywood 9
looking for your confessions. (May '12) Aug 27 cgj 68
So, Where is Kevin Green? Aug 25 WheresWaldoakaKev... 1
This looks like a beautiful place to live Aug 16 Moving 1
Review: Tire Kingdom Aug 10 Unknown 2
Leaders: I-77 expanding with toll lanes will ha... (May '11) Jul '14 elsie 2
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••