This quote was pulled directly from the link you provided!!<quoted text>Posted 9/6/2003 8:10 AM
Today's Top News Stories
• Report: In U.S., record numbers are plunged into poverty - 2:43 AM
• VP's plane has minor electrical problem - 4:28 AM
• Israeli troops raid West Bank city - 1:53 AM
• Severe storms injure 27 in Arkansas - 12:13 AM
• Va. lawmakers pass slavery apology - 6:44 PM
• Add USATODAY.com RSS feeds
Poll: 70% believe Saddam, 9-11 link
WASHINGTON (AP)— Nearly seven in 10 Americans believe it is likely that ousted Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the Sept. 11 attacks, says a poll out almost two years after the terrorists' strike against this country.
Sixty-nine percent in a Washington Post poll published Saturday said they believe it is likely the Iraqi leader was personally involved in the attacks carried out by al-Qaeda. A majority of Democrats, Republicans and independents believe it's likely Saddam was involved
"The belief in the connection persists even though there has been no proof of a link between the two."