Fired deputy: Daugherty administration is racist

Jun 6, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lincoln Times-News

As a state probe into the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office continues, a fired deputy has gone public with allegations of discrimination and racial profiling against his former employer and several co-workers. In recent days, he has contacted the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the District Attorney with his claims, he said.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Oct 29, 2009
Seamore

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Finally! What took so long. Attention finally on Lincoln County's 'good ole boy' network. What do you expect from a redneck Republican town? Most of these guys are homegrown and protecting their interest (jobs there stay in the family).
Brilliant

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 7, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I can tell from Seamore's post that he is a liberal. They start off calling names and making accusations of a whole town.

First of all having friends and family in your administration is not just a republican problem.

They are all crooked in my opinion. I am not going to attack someone just because they are a liberal. I am sure if this was a democrat you would have skipped your post. You are so predictable. Angry liberal, oppose every idea that does not match your own. make fun or villifying all the opposing views.

Please go get you a big glass of Kool aid and leave us "dumb old rednecks" alone. No matter what happens we need solutions not 3rd grade speaking topics.
its me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 8, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Seamore wrote:
Finally! What took so long. Attention finally on Lincoln County's 'good ole boy' network. What do you expect from a redneck Republican town? Most of these guys are homegrown and protecting their interest (jobs there stay in the family).
whats all that stuff talkin about rednecks and homegrown people and all that junk seems like ur the racist ones!!!!!!!!
MissAnonymous

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 12, 2009
 

Judged:

1

The lincoln county sheriffs office is a joke. I went through the citezens academy last year and personally saw and heard many things that were out of line, judgemental and just plain out disrespectful. The sheriffs office personally selects whom enters the academy and who doesn't. They say its based on background checks, I personally disagree. Out of everyone selected there was one black woman, the rest white. She attended maybe two classes and just stopped coming, as many others did. By the time the citizens academy was over, they were down to less than half of the people they started with. The sheriffs office does a half assed job and the rest of the time sit around racially profiling people. Its a shame that after midnight our "county's finest" is more concerned with standing around in the petro racially profiling people and mocking people previously arrested for hours on end instead of doing their job. Sheriff Daughtry himself needs to be given the boot and Lincoln county needs to take a good long look at the next person elected. I know I won't be voting for Daughtry's re-election. What used to be a well respected department has now become the laughing stock of the county. These are men and women we trust to protect and help us in times of need, not profile and discriminate against us behind our backs. If you can't trust the police, who can you trust?
concerned

Saint Cloud, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Then what I am suppose to do if I need an officer? Call another county if this one is so bad? I am serious, what am I do then?

Since: Dec 07

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Seamore wrote:
Finally! What took so long. Attention finally on Lincoln County's 'good ole boy' network. What do you expect from a redneck Republican town? Most of these guys are homegrown and protecting their interest (jobs there stay in the family).
Just so you know the Sheriff is a Democrat.

Since: Dec 07

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

I dont have a dog in this fight about the Sheriff but then again do you think a fired employee is going to have nice things to say about their former employer?
westend

Hickory, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Did anyone even notice the title?? or even read this long, drawn out, poorly written, boring article? This article is so full of holes and lies I can't believe the EDITOR, an educated(?) man, even let it go to print. The title is accusing before the guy has even found a lawyer to represent him and filed his case!! LTN's names the Sheriff a racist. Is this not considered pure 'SLANDER' from the paper? Most articles written from this small town newspaper have been poorly written, poorly edited and obviously not very factual!
And sadly so many citizens are ignorant (seamore) of so many facts - Sheriff Daugherty is a democrat!
MissAnonymous

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

concerned wrote:
Then what I am suppose to do if I need an officer? Call another county if this one is so bad? I am serious, what am I do then?
I don't know what to tell you there, its a personal decision whether or not you call the police out to your home for whatever reason it may be. I personally won't call them unless its an extreme emergency like a car accident, or a theft in progress. I've come to find that with Lincoln county if you go to them with something that may be a big deal to you, but petty to them, they aren't going to try and help you anyways. To them its a waste of time and too much paperwork. They keep face so they don't seem rude, but after you leave they probably just mock you or racially profile you some more and discard your paperwork. I'm really dissapointed in the Lincoln county sheriffs office, whether or not these articles printed in the paper are true or lie ridden. Despite the fact that every article probably contains a lie here and there, its still sad, a disgrace, and makes our county look bad. The things surfacing about the sheriffs office can't all just be coincidences and lies, exaggerated maybe, but I'm pretty sure that every story being told holds at least some truth. The saddest part of all is if you've ever met Sheriff Daughtry or Taylor its not hard to imagine either one of them actually commiting the allegations being held against them. Then again, what do I know. This county is nothing but a bunch of rednecks supporting the good ole boys right?
Pooter

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Hell, they NEED to profile the Mexicans running around on our streets! Most don't have a driver license or insurance! They sure as hell can't read our signs or understand our traffic laws. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's seen 10 of them piled up in a van with little kids sitting on their laps! PULL THEM ALL OVER... then start deporting the illegal ones! I'm not racist... I'm just sick of our towns, counties, states, and country letting these illegals get a FREE RIDE at my (and every other taxpayer's) expense!
MissAnonymous

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 24, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

I have one word for your whole entire post. Ignorant. How the hell can you claim not to be racist but support racially profiling every single person of a certain race? Let me ask you something, would you appreciate being racially profiled just because you were a certain color? Or do you think you're above that just because you're white? I thought so. Asshole.
Pooter

Boone, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 25, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Well, MissAssholeyrollermouse, wait 'til one of those "Hispanics" rams your car (or someone's car you love) with no license or insurance because they can't understand what the Hell a stop sign is (and then try to run)! A white male IS a minority in this country! Or, will be in the next 50 years, when all these illegals keep popping out babies left and right! Damn, maybe I am racist! White Power! WAAAAAHHHHHH! ;)

Of course, there are enough dumb bitches (you are probably one of them in a VW) riding around in their BMWs or Audis putting on make-up, texting their BFF's, and everydamn-thing-else but paying attention to the road while they're driving! Oh wait, now I'm a Sexist! WAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!:P
rr4444b

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 26, 2009
 

Judged:

1

MissAnonymous wrote:
I have one word for your whole entire post. Ignorant. How the hell can you claim not to be racist but support racially profiling every single person of a certain race? Let me ask you something, would you appreciate being racially profiled just because you were a certain color? Or do you think you're above that just because you're white? I thought so. Asshole.
I assume you think it's wrong to be cautious of an Muslim getting on the same plane as you. We shouldn't raise an eyebrow cause that is racial profiling. I CALL IT COMMON SENSE! Well, I don't complain when I'm searched going thru the airport. I don't hate any race, actually I think Mexicans work harder than anybody I've ever seen. They are at work earlier, stay late and never complain. BUT...they need to be legal! They need to pay taxes and have insurance and follow all the laws WE follow.
What will this country be when we all decide - we can break the laws - we will get amnesty too! White people want amnesty from speeding tickets since they are the ones caught the most.
WHERE IS COMMON SENSE THESE DAYS? I would rather be called a racist profiler than have someone in my family blown up by a terrorist.
BIG D

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 15, 2009
 
Lincoln county has always been corrupt,,,form the time i was a young lad ,,i have seen it for years ,,they will let serial killers loose ,,lock up a tax paying hard working man for minor stuff ,, F --- Lincoln county ,,and all there corrupt officer ,,,,
Billy

Saint Cloud, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Pooter
Damn what a name!! Hispanics, illegals or what ever in the hell they are have caused our country the most problems. Time to have a round up and get them out!!!!
concerned 2

Saint Cloud, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 29, 2009
 
Seamore wrote:
Finally! What took so long. Attention finally on Lincoln County's 'good ole boy' network. What do you expect from a redneck Republican town? Most of these guys are homegrown and protecting their interest (jobs there stay in the family).
Now see what you have caused by making this post and not knowing what you were talking about in the first place.
So who is the trouble maker now in this town?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Denver Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Denver News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Denver
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••