40 new jobs in Lincolnton

40 new jobs in Lincolnton

There are 2 comments on the The Gaston Gazette story from Feb 16, 2012, titled 40 new jobs in Lincolnton. In it, The Gaston Gazette reports that:

RATO Power Co Ltd. announced today the company will locate its North American headquarters in Lincoln County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gaston Gazette.

Lincolnton, NC

#1 Feb 16, 2012
How come plants like this open but yet we never see any stores that sell the products they make.

I recently saw in Walmart they were selling the local Lucky Country Licorice with a sign saying MADE IN LINCOLNTON, NC on the front. Its funny for as "evil and big box terrorizing" walmart is suppose to be its THE ONLY STORE I seen selling something that is supposely made in Lincolnton.

How come we dont have like a Big Dog Store downtown, I been to the one at the beach we got the whole plant here but no store...why?

I am just confused that everytime they annouce a company moving here to build stuff...but where do they sell the stuff they build?

Dayton, TN

#3 Feb 18, 2012
There's no market for the product here and believe me when I tell you this...that is a good thing. You want to manufacture product locally and sell it far away so that your local econony is always bringing in dollars from somewhere else to keep your citizens working.

When you see all the bailouts of Portugal or Greece, do you notice that it's mostly the Germans doing the bailing? It's because they manufacture things like Mercedes benz and BMW automobiles and sell them for way more than they are worth to foreigners. It's the proper way to run an economy. Our problem is that we consume too much foreign crap that we don't need and it takes jobs from the people down the street and sends those jobs to places like China and Germany. Our country will continue to decline until people learn to save their money instead of buying things they don't need and start buying things made locally and spending their money in local businesses so that their friends and fanmily have jobs that pay a living wage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denver Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 charged in brutal robbery (Nov '10) Nov 27 whoa 8
Mistress Asha NYC was born a MAN (Apr '13) Nov 19 houstonbitchboi 34
Loud Boom heard at 10:00 pm (Nov '08) Nov 8 Meri 9
East Gaston Football Traitors Oct '15 Stuttering John 4
Stanley Police (Aug '13) Sep '15 #comeonnow 7
Grace School Sep '15 Helpful 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denver Mortgages