Celina, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2010

Judged:

Looks like Alex will have to finally learn the hard way. Maybe he won't take the homicide charge as lightly as he did everything else. I believe he needs to spend alot of time in prison and think about what he has done and not be so cocky. He has had plenty of chances to change and he chose not to.
deeply saddened

Cheyenne, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2010

Judged:

This is a very sad situation. The Young family and friends are devastated by Josh's death. Their lives will never be the same. And now Alex's family have the additional burden of dealing with probably imprisonment for their son in addition to coping with the fact that he killed his friend. There is no solution to stop the pain to either family. But Alex has to be responsible for the decisions that he made. Hopefully, he will get his alcoholism under control and will come out of this as a humble man rather than an out of control boy.

Let other high school kids look at the death and destruction of lives in this situation when they make their own choices about alcohol.
More Justice

Broadview Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2010

Judged:

So big Al is gonna loose that attitude. We'll see how cocky he is when he hits the prison. He doesn't show any remorse. I'm sure that's why the judge made this decision. He wants to act like a man, then he can be a man. Maybe even experience a man or two in prison. Buh, bye, Alex
why all the drama

Clarksville, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Judged:

everyone seems to be pointing the big finger at Alex for what has happended.This is a big deal for both parties at hand.I do feel deeply for both parties.But this was not all Alex's fault...he didnt force Josh or Cole in the car,They were all drinking.Yes it is sad to have lost a child at such a young age..They are all just a bunch of young boy's drinking it up...Regardless what Alex's past is does'nt make him 100% at fault.We all have pasts and problems..thats part of being imperfect human beings.We would'nt be having these angers,discussion's if Alex was the one that got killed and not Josh.What about the supplier for the booze? Never here anything or charges that have been filed for that person.They are just as at fault then Alex.If not defending Alex or taking sides,But there is alot of peed off people at him and his family for what has happened.I give my regards to all families and wish you all well..
Justice

Celina, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2010

Judged:

why all the drama wrote:
everyone seems to be pointing the big finger at Alex for what has happended.This is a big deal for both parties at hand.I do feel deeply for both parties.But this was not all Alex's fault...he didnt force Josh or Cole in the car,They were all drinking.Yes it is sad to have lost a child at such a young age..They are all just a bunch of young boy's drinking it up...Regardless what Alex's past is does'nt make him 100% at fault.We all have pasts and problems..thats part of being imperfect human beings.We would'nt be having these angers,discussion's if Alex was the one that got killed and not Josh.What about the supplier for the booze? Never here anything or charges that have been filed for that person.They are just as at fault then Alex.If not defending Alex or taking sides,But there is alot of peed off people at him and his family for what has happened.I give my regards to all families and wish you all well..
No one forced Alex to drink and drive either. The difference is he chose to drive, the others did not. Alex doesn't learn, he thinks he's above the law. I agree that the supplier of the alcohol should be charged with contributing to minors and the survivors should be charged with drinking underage but Alex is the one and only person that is responsible for killing Josh. Alex could have called for a ride instead of driving and everyone would be alive today. Just like the several pictures on Alex's Myspace page of him drinking. The night of the wreck wasn't the first time Alex drank.
why all the drama

Clarksville, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2010

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
No one forced Alex to drink and drive either. The difference is he chose to drive, the others did not. Alex doesn't learn, he thinks he's above the law. I agree that the supplier of the alcohol should be charged with contributing to minors and the survivors should be charged with drinking underage but Alex is the one and only person that is responsible for killing Josh. Alex could have called for a ride instead of driving and everyone would be alive today. Just like the several pictures on Alex's Myspace page of him drinking. The night of the wreck wasn't the first time Alex drank.
i agree totally,but have you seen josh's facebook with him and his dad drinking booze as well? i know he could have called for a ride.so could have josh and cole.also they could have decided not to get in the car with alex.i know alex has a past of drinking and what have you.it is very terrible for has happened.no one should have to go through losing a loved one.....but this could have have been prevented in a very easy way.keep the kids under control,keep them from drinking till they are of age.hard to do yes..but possible..parenting is a very big issue anymore with the way the world is..why were the boys out that late????i guess i just dont understand..cole for being a cops kid???? he should have never been there in the first place...up bringing is a big part on how you will turn corners and travel roads ahead of you..again im sorry for all families that are going through this situation...
Alex Is Going Down

Broadview Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

There is no question that he has a problem with booze. He is STILL drinking. He hasn't learned anything at all. If nothing else prison will dry him out. Maybe he will learn a little humility? Does anyone know when the trail or plea will happen?
Hypocrites

Cedar Falls, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

Judged:

Two families will have lost their sons when this is all said and done. Only one was an accident. There were lots of bad decisions made that night by lots of people. Do not place the blame solely on Alex. People are responsible for their own decisions, drunk or not. Seat belt or no seat belt? Ride along or stay put? Drink or don't drink? There are better, more productive, more effective ways to rehabilitate a "non violent" teenager. What about community service such as speaking to other high-schools about the poor choices so many of them are making at that age? How many of you can say that you never drank and drove at that age? Or now? You've just been lucky, unless you have never done it before, it has been nothing but luck. It's just so sad how many lives have been affected by this. I'm not saying that Alex shouldn't spend some time behind bars, a boy was killed after all. But, if he spends 25 years there, that will be a shame.
Justice

Aubrey, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

Judged:

Hypocrites wrote:
Two families will have lost their sons when this is all said and done. Only one was an accident. There were lots of bad decisions made that night by lots of people. Do not place the blame solely on Alex. People are responsible for their own decisions, drunk or not. Seat belt or no seat belt? Ride along or stay put? Drink or don't drink? There are better, more productive, more effective ways to rehabilitate a "non violent" teenager. What about community service such as speaking to other high-schools about the poor choices so many of them are making at that age? How many of you can say that you never drank and drove at that age? Or now? You've just been lucky, unless you have never done it before, it has been nothing but luck. It's just so sad how many lives have been affected by this. I'm not saying that Alex shouldn't spend some time behind bars, a boy was killed after all. But, if he spends 25 years there, that will be a shame.
Would you feel the same way if it was one of your family members that was killed? Is "some time" behind bars worth the life of your family members? If so, then let them ride along with Alex.
Hypocrites

Cedar Falls, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2010

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you feel the same way if it was one of your family members that was killed? Is "some time" behind bars worth the life of your family members? If so, then let them ride along with Alex.
If it was one of my children's friends, yes, I would. They were friends, their families were friends. This wasn't malicious. It wasn't an innocent by-stander. In my opinion, that makes it different. If my child's life was taken in this way by a friend, I know my child would not want him or her to spend years in prison over it. Especially, if my child was involved in making some of those stupid decisions leading up to the accident. There are no martyrs here. It was an accident. That could have been prevented of course, in many many ways. I'm certain Alex is paying for his mistakes to a degree that most will never understand. People can judge him for what they see, but they aren't inside his head. I'm just sad for all of them. I can't even begin to imagine what it must feel like to lose a child. But, I would like to think that if I were in their shoes, I'd consider all of the circumstances before I point the figure at just one person. My behavior, my child's past behavior, where the party was, who provided the beer (this time and the times before). I just don't see how spending up to 25 years in prision is going to help anyone. To me, that is malicious.
learn his lesson

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Judged:

alex was drunk and smashing mailboxes within a few weeks after killing his friend. he continues to drink every weekend. he is still under age and still being reckless.
regardless of whether josh or cole could have chose not to get into the car, alex needs to learn a lesson. he shows no remorse now, but maybe some hard time where he can reflect on his actions will change that.
it's clear any past punishment was not effective.
abcd

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2010

Judged:

Justice wrote:
Looks like Alex will have to finally learn the hard way. Maybe he won't take the homicide charge as lightly as he did everything else. I believe he needs to spend alot of time in prison and think about what he has done and not be so cocky. He has had plenty of chances to change and he chose not to.
I'm sorry Mrs. Texas! You dont have anything to say. Your rude, inconsiderate, and just plain stupid. I cant believe you're talking about a boy getting what he deserves. He didn't do this on purpose. All the boys made a mistake. One of them happens to be gone. And dont sit here writing about how bad he is, when I bet all them money in the world you drank and drive or drank underage or any other illegal substances. Your not perfect and no one is. Just let it go and stay in your own state of news. Its none of your business!
Karma is a bitch and I bet you deserve more than you know!
is this delayed forever

Broadview Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

Judged:

I don't understand why they don't just get this on. Alex must be scared ****less of going to jail. He knows what's gonna happen to him. But he needs to grow up and just get it started instead of delay after delay. I hope he doesn't kill another one of his friends while this stalling is going. Put his @ss in jail and get it done.
Hypocrites

Cedar Falls, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2010

Judged:

is this delayed forever wrote:
I don't understand why they don't just get this on. Alex must be scared ****less of going to jail. He knows what's gonna happen to him. But he needs to grow up and just get it started instead of delay after delay. I hope he doesn't kill another one of his friends while this stalling is going. Put his @ss in jail and get it done.
It must be nice to live in a Black & White world. Unfortunately, the majority of the population live in a gray area where things aren't so easily decided. You should have faith in our Justice system...there may come a day when you fall from your pedestal and need it.
Justice

Aubrey, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

Judged:

abcd wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry Mrs. Texas! You dont have anything to say. Your rude, inconsiderate, and just plain stupid. I cant believe you're talking about a boy getting what he deserves. He didn't do this on purpose. All the boys made a mistake. One of them happens to be gone. And dont sit here writing about how bad he is, when I bet all them money in the world you drank and drive or drank underage or any other illegal substances. Your not perfect and no one is. Just let it go and stay in your own state of news. Its none of your business!
Truth hurts don't it? It's not the first time he has been in trouble. I'm orginally from Black Hawk county and have many friends and family who will have to pay for this punk to sit in prison when he gets sentenced so it is MY BUSINESS. Time to set the trial date and get it over with before he joyrides drunk and kills again.
Justice

Aubrey, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2010

Judged:

abcd wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing, you lost your bet. I lost my parents to a drunk driver when I was 10 years old and I have never had the desire to drink or do drugs. I don't have a problem with adults that do drink in moderation but I do have a problem with people that drink, drive and kill. He did do it on purpose when he chose to get into the drivers seat and put the vehicle in drive and now he needs to pay the consequences for it. The sad thing is that I don't think prison will change his ways.
is this delayed forever

Broadview Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2011

Judged:

So does anyone have any idea what's going on? Has his purchased lawyer managed to get him off or something? He is still drinking like a fish. He hasn't learned his lesson and is probably gonna kill someone and probably will have a knocked up girl when he goes to prison!
Let's get it going!
someone

Clarksville, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

Judged:

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
josh could have been driving too. or josh could have goten a ride
is this delayed forever

Broadview Heights, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2011

Judged:

yeah but josh wasnt driving and Alex was. Alex has gotta do the time. And probably a lot of it. And the sooner the better. Let's get some justice going here!!!!!
Justice

Aubrey, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2011

Judged:

someone wrote:
<quoted text>
josh could have been driving too. or josh could have goten a ride
Well Josh wasn't driving Alex was and Josh didn't kill Alex, Alex killed Josh so he needs to pay for his careless, recklessness and cause of the loss of a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Denver Discussions

Search the Denver Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IA Iowa House primary ground zero for gay marriage... (Jun '10) Jun '14 slayer rules 411
Tripoli Music Selection (Aug '12) Apr '14 Musikologist 10
IA Who do you support for Treasurer in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Mar '14 daxton 9
IA IA Natural Resources and Outdoor Recreation Tru... (Oct '10) Mar '14 aez 17
Tommy Rucker why? Feb '14 Used and Abused 1
Does anyone know JJ (John Jay) Bruce? (Jan '14) Jan '14 TXFirefighter 1
IA Who do you support for Governor in Iowa in 2010? (Oct '10) Dec '13 fitness-guru 62
•••
•••
•••
•••

Denver Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denver People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••