Nearly $20,000 In Rings Stolen From Denton Jeweler

Full story: NBC 5i Dallas/Fort Worth

Thieves got away with nearly $20,000 worth of rings from a downtown Denton jewelry store late last week, police said.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Oct 5, 2008
buddy b

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

sounds like an inside job to me
HaHa

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

One would think so.... unless you've seen the mini-mall. It's basically an indoor flea market. There are 'sections' of the store which are 'rented' by people. The sections are sometimes open shelves, and sometimes the glass cases. There is someone at the front checkout area, but usually no one at the other counters throughout the store. It is pretty piled high with junk, so most of the isles are really just paths through the 'stuff'. So, I'm not really surprised that someone has not broken into any of the displays before..... personally, I think the $20,000 is <probably> a little over-inflated for insurance purposes... if you know what I mean.... <wink wink..>
buddy b

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

ah ha, you think someone is trying to commit insurance fraud?? sounds reasonably to me, why would anyone leave unattended jewelery in a place like that??
HaHa

Wylie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Nothing directly accusatory... most of the "jewelry" is the kitsch..... costume jewelry your mom would let you play with out of her jewelry box... given that most of the cases are locked but unwatched... If it were I... I would not have $20K worth of REAL jewelry in those cases unattended. Did the person lose some jewelry with value? Yes.... was it $20K worth? Who knows.... for that amount, I would personally take it to a pawn shop and put it on commission for 20% with the pawn broker.... at least they are going to watch it.....
WWHD

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2008

Lol, suspicious men with a large black bag, hanging around an unmanned jewelry store. Hmmmm, sounds like insurance fraud to me, with a paid witness to boot.

I wonder who the owners are?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Denton Forum right now

Search the Denton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 3 min Imperial Chicano 21,562
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 min Imperial Chicano 17,136
Traffic Accident (Aug '13) Sat update 2
TX Who do you support for Comptroller of Public Ac... (Oct '10) Jul 25 Wow 598
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) Jul 25 nina roth 755
Review: Texas Impound Services LLC (Jul '13) Jul 25 towed away 106
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) Jul 24 Gasman 499
•••
•••

Denton News Video

•••
•••

Denton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Denton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE