LA Fitness, Denton Texas

LA Fitness, Denton Texas

Posted in the Denton Forum

AnGrY

Temple, TX

#1 Nov 7, 2011
Just writing this out of frustration and anger! I would like to warn you all that the LA Fitness in Denton just wants your $money$....they have gone through many twists and turns and under the table to charge me for things i DID NOT sign up for. Over $300 in wrong charges and it continues! I have gone in twice to speak with someone ( but the manager was working out when he was suppose to be working), I have called countless times and they tell me they will call me back and NEVER did. Finally, I decided to go to corporate and am still having major issues. Long story short, STAY AWAY FROM LA FITNESS!
Also Angry

Denton, TX

#2 Jan 3, 2012
Similar issue with LA Fitness in Denton. They hussled us through their free physical assessment to find out that it was a ploy to sign us up for a trainer. We were told 9+ sessions at $22 .... believing this was $22 a month more than what we were already paying. It turned out to be $22 per session. In less than 24 hrs. after signing up for this I contacted them to have the agreement cancelled - the manager refused to return my calls - an associate on the last call said he was told that we were informed of the amount and would have to pay - that it was too late. Actually it's not too late and I have already taken action ...
Country is cool

Sanger, TX

#3 Feb 16, 2012
Both of you need to open a case against them with the better business bureau and the Texas Attorney Generals office. I bet ya get a call from the manager then, just don't answer it like they've been doing you. See how they like that! Afterwords, take their ass to small claims court. That's what I've had to do a couple of times people have some me that way.
Elke M

Aubrey, TX

#4 May 28, 2014
I was sold a personal training membership as three times per week for $220 per month. This was to be month to month and "no headaches". Well, after seven times training my Personal Trainer informed me that I only have seven sessions per month instead of the three per week which should equal 12 per month. I called the gym and the manager said that I can have 12 per month for $110 more per month.
This is not what I agreed to originally, and told him that I am not willing to pay $320 per month instead of the $220. He said that there is nothing he can do for me, and I would have to call corporate. I called corporate and they said that they can't do anything for me and I have to call the manager at the gym. So here again, I call the gym, now he is not available for me anymore. Yet, I called from within the gym and he was sitting at his desk doing nothing. When ever I go to the gym Brat (that's his name) crawls into his cube and hides. TOUGH GUY BRAT! Please be afraid of a 5'3 women that weighs 110 lbs.
So I called the corporate office again to cancel because this is not what I have agreed to, then I am informed that my membership is NOT month to month and to cancel I have to pay 50% of the annual membership fee which is a whopping 1000 something dollars...
Currently I am submitting complaints with the BBB and am looking into a legal advocate as the deal is not what I was sold. I have NEVER been screwed over as much as at this gym. I am shocked that a large com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 14 Jack 993
News Man swept away in flood, found dead in Denton May 14 a friend 1
Prestige auto sales ft worth drive (Oct '13) May 12 Anonymous 20101 2
Best auto mechanic at Denton ? (Aug '08) May 12 Anonymous 20101 5
Review: Texas Impound Services LLC (Jul '13) May 2 dontcare 143
Circling following UAV drones, Law enforcement ... (Oct '14) Apr '16 Tyler 5
News Expert says renewable energy in reach Mar '16 Solarman 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denton Mortgages