caroline county state's attorney scandal
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lisa Sears

Santa Barbara, CA

#21 Aug 4, 2011
neighbor? obsessive behavior? i was simply responding to a topic, on a public thread. from your last post. you have only reiterated, that you were a ill fit in the SAO. you have no self control. have a good day.
Susan

Baltimore, MD

#22 Aug 4, 2011
Lisa Ann Sears wrote:
Ask yourself. Why would Newell want somebody that has been drooling all over doofus Greenleaf, for years, working in his office? Btw-Why doesnt it surprise me, that a "scandal" in Caroline County Involves either, a Nagel or a Runnels. Karma is a bitch.
I see you still have your obsession with my daughter and son in-law. I have no idea who you are but yes Karma is quite powerful, I'm sure you've had your share.
Susan

Baltimore, MD

#23 Aug 4, 2011
Lisa Sears wrote:
neighbor? obsessive behavior? i was simply responding to a topic, on a public thread. from your last post. you have only reiterated, that you were a ill fit in the SAO. you have no self control. have a good day.
sorry honey that wasn't my post...I sign my name
Susan

Baltimore, MD

#24 Aug 4, 2011
Lisa Sears wrote:
You in boxed me through Facebook with a lenghthy babbling email and told me to check this site...the neighbor post was not me but from the sound of it they knew you quite well
Tom Marks

Santa Barbara, CA

#25 Aug 4, 2011
I have been a longtime resident of federalsburg. I can clearly remember susan and her daughter(not the lesbian) drinking&running men out of the federals tavern. we were surprised susan would work for the states attorney. we are glad she does not anymore.
Lisa Sears

Santa Barbara, CA

#26 Aug 4, 2011
I think Mrs. Runnels is a legend in her own mind. Perhaps, it was that arrogance, that got you booted out of the SAO. Remember this: NOBODY. I mean NOBODY. Is obsessed with your redneck family. Get over yourself, Old Lady. LS
Mandy

Denton, MD

#27 Oct 12, 2011
I thought that was the same lunatic Lisa Sears! By the way, Greenleaf has been charged in Annapolis with soliciting a minor for sex, or something like that. hometownannapolis.com
Robert Greenleaf

Baltimore, MD

#28 Oct 13, 2011
SammT

Denton, MD

#29 Oct 14, 2011
Are you really Robert Greanleaf?So did you do it?
Tina

Milton, DE

#30 Jul 30, 2013
Newell was exactly what Caroline County needed and has proven himself for the past 10 years. You cannot please everyone nor can you win them all; however, you sure can expect integrity and honesty. Below is exactly what Greenleaf was about, "good 'ol boy system", it just took a few years to catch up to him. KARMA is exactly what that is!

Posted: Wednesday, June 6, 2012 2:08 pm | Updated: 3:20 pm, Wed Jun 6, 2012.

By DUSTIN HOLT Caroline Editor

DENTON Circuit Court Judge Frederick Price found former Caroline County State's Attorney Robert Greenleaf guilty of attempting to send obscene material to a minor at a Thursday plea hearing in Caroline County Circuit County.

Greenleaf, who was accused of online solicitation of a police officer posing as a teenage girl, entered an Alford plea, meaning he did not admit guilt but acknowledged prosecutors had enough evidence for a conviction.

The remaining charges in the case were dropped as part of the plea agreement.

He received probation before judgment and was sentenced to five years of supervised probation, fined $678 and will have to do 250 hours of community service in one year. The community service cannot be with children, although Greenleaf will not have to register as a sex offender.

Caroline County Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Riley prosecuted the case and said the conviction included attempting because Greenleaf sent the material to a police office and not a minor. He said Greenleaf directed the police officer to an adult website and sent two explicit videos of people engaging in sexual intercourse.

"We went with the plea because we were confident that these events occurred in Caroline County," Riley said. "We take this crime and crimes of this nature very seriously. We elected to proceed on these charges when other jurisdictions disposed of this case in a way we didn't agree with."

Last year in Anne Arundel County, Greenleaf faced a misdemeanor charge of attempting to display obscene material to a minor in Anne Arundel County after he allegedly sent links to explicit websites via private instant messaging to a Baltimore City police officer posing as a 13-year-old girl, whom he met in a chat room.

Riley said the Anne Arundel County case was dropped.

"I did not feel this defendant was given special treatment by this office and I adamantly believe he was not treated more harshly by this office," Riley said. "It is not appropriate to comment about the sentence the judge delivered."

Greenleaf's attorney, Stephanie Shipley, could not be reached for comment by presstime.

Greenleaf, 58, of Cambridge, was arrested last November and charged with two counts of sexual solicitation of a minor and showing obscene matter to a minor.

According to charging documents, Greenleaf communicated at various times between March 8, 2010, and Jan. 21, 2011, from a computer at or near 17003 Wolf Road in Henderson, with a male police officer believing the officer was a 14-year-old girl.

According to the Caroline County State's Attorney's Office, Greenleaf tried to solicit the "girl" to leave her home for an illegal sexual encounter and to engage in the production of a visual representation that would have depicted a minor engaged in sexual conduct.

Officials also said Greenleaf solicited a visual representation from the "girl," believing it would have depicted the minor as a subject of sexual conduct, and he tried to show the minor an item principally made up of the depictions of illicit sex.

Those communications happened while Greenleaf served as chief deputy clerk of the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, the state's second-highest court. Greenleaf left that position in March 2011.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote For Donald Trump Apr 14 Vote For Trump 1
News Md. Man Tries To Pay Child Support With Pennies (Aug '08) Jul '15 Merlin 50
fireworks (Jun '15) Jun '15 Levron 2
misty tate (Jun '15) Jun '15 yupIsawIt 1
News Mother of 7 Children Found Dead in Princess Ann... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Nellie 1
News Man dies crossing street to Del. funeral home (Sep '14) Feb '15 -Lea- 13
looking for my father and sister (Dec '14) Dec '14 looking 333 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denton Mortgages