next board meeting
Wise Owl

West Liberty, KY

#61 Jan 28, 2013
You know,back last year,Bath County had a super that alot of the good people despised,her name Nancy Hutchinson. They spit and spat over her for quite some time,she was much like Mitchell from the posts on owingsville topix. She made sure her board was on her side and she pretty much controlled things throughout her reign. You know what, the people got together and fought back. She is no longer the super. Mt. Sterling topix,they are on there now spit and spatting over their super by the name of Josh Powell,apparantly he is doing the same things that Mitchell has done and the good people despise him also. What is it with Supers? They just preside over the meetings,much like your government elected officials,it is the boards job to vote and make the decisions. What i'm trying to say,the super can only have what power has been voted on and given to him,whether it was given by former board members that is what the new board members need to check out. Do not let anyone in that office intimidate you,you owe it to your voters and yourselves to check bylaws,handbooks,supers duties,neputisim,employees doing work for other government agencys(such as writing grants),this has been done. Do not let them tell you what they want you to know such as the list of bus routes being changed,that Mitchell went to his office and collected. When he said that you the board were interuppting every day work,that's when someone should have spoken up and said,Mr. Mitchell that is our job and tell him how you want things to be,not the other way around.
Wise owl

United States

#62 Jan 28, 2013
I forgot to mention. The good people were against them. Now here menifee it's the foodstamp low life's and the Deskins county wide losers and Benny Patrick's family are all that is against outs. We have a good one but we are going to try to get Benny Patrick hired even though he can't even tie his own shoes. We want to get the big money for him
Wise Owl

West Liberty, KY

#63 Jan 28, 2013
You are the only one talking about the Patricks and Deskins family,i have not mentioned any of those names. I believe i struck some nerves. The votes came in and were counted in favor of some changes on the board. Get over it.
Shame

Campton, KY

#64 Jan 28, 2013
It is a real shame that we have this kind of talk happening on here. It is an even bigger shame that we have let our school system operate the way it has for the past 12-13 years. We turn our head the other way instead of holding people responsible for what is going on. What is wrong with us? We go to church and talk about living right but we don't want to practice it by being responsible citizens. We are willing to look the other way if it gets someone in the family a job or helps them keep one. It is a shame that new board members have been elected and we are going to have a major mess to fix what was let run amuck for so long. The way it is going, we will have another mess when they are done that will work the same way for years again - unless of course they find themselves in hot water over $$$$ which is likely. It is a shame that a county with so little $$$$$ is also so willing to mess up the future of so many young people. What a mess. We should be ashamed.
Wise Owl

West Liberty, KY

#65 Jan 28, 2013
I am apalled by some of those salaries,what in the world were the old board members thinking? They weren't,that is one of the problems,now how could those salaries possibly have helped these students? Why did they let go some perfectly good teachers? The bus drivers,janitors,cooks,secreta ry that has been there for years,some of the teachers,all of these people are way under paid. I would say,we the people should not be ashamed but those that received the high paying salaries and the ones that gave it to them,should be the ones to be ashamed.
Shame

Campton, KY

#66 Jan 28, 2013
Wise Owl wrote:
I am apalled by some of those salaries,what in the world were the old board members thinking? They weren't,that is one of the problems,now how could those salaries possibly have helped these students? Why did they let go some perfectly good teachers? The bus drivers,janitors,cooks,secreta ry that has been there for years,some of the teachers,all of these people are way under paid. I would say,we the people should not be ashamed but those that received the high paying salaries and the ones that gave it to them,should be the ones to be ashamed.
Why did you wait so long to start caring about it and speaking up? This stuff has been going on for a long time. I bet you somehow ended up on the wrong end of things now and that has led to you being so "appalled"... Two wrongs don't make a right or so my grand pappy told me.
Ex student

United States

#67 Jan 28, 2013
Just a FYI.... Whomever gets the position , if and when it becomes available , will be making the same pay that Mitchell is now !!!!!! Some people who are causing the stink in the county are wanting that paycheck for themselves !!!!! Oh that right , it will be OK if that check is going in their bank account !!!
video watcher

West Liberty, KY

#68 Jan 29, 2013
Ex student wrote:
Just a FYI.... Whomever gets the position , if and when it becomes available , will be making the same pay that Mitchell is now !!!!!! Some people who are causing the stink in the county are wanting that paycheck for themselves !!!!! Oh that right , it will be OK if that check is going in their bank account !!!
The Super salary is set by the board, so no they WILL NOT HAVE TO make the same. If the super is let go and his contract has to be paid out there are a couple of solutions. Two unnecessary central office positions could easily be abolished by the board and money used to get him back to Powell County or TN, in my opinion.

Shame on you, Shame, shame, old board members for extending, extending, and extending the supers contract. You old board members that are gone caused this mess that the new board members are having today. You only said yes and never said NO, No,NO.
Ellis

Chesterfield, MO

#69 Jan 29, 2013
This person seems to have no idea of how anything operates.
It must be one of those internet trolls that roams the internet and picks up on things on these small town forums and starts chirping like a dummb bird.
Ex student wrote:
Wise Owl

West Liberty, KY

#70 Jan 29, 2013
Shame wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you wait so long to start caring about it and speaking up? This stuff has been going on for a long time. I bet you somehow ended up on the wrong end of things now and that has led to you being so "appalled"... Two wrongs don't make a right or so my grand pappy told me.
I have always been here,where were you? I don't know what you mean by the wrong end of things,you are correct in saying two wrongs don't make a right but the first wrong needs to be fixed. Like video watcher says the super does not have to make such a big salary and neither do some of those people getting too large salaries. The new board members certainly have their work cut out for them,but they do have my support,if i can be of service in any way. I ask you Shame are you one of those that lost,or one of their supporters or perhaps one that is receiving one of those big salaries? Like i said before,menifee county is too small of a county and a poor one for such large saleries and the ones that were elected before should have taken that into consideration. It is much like the other government agencies,they want to go along to get along,that doesn't work.
dumb buzzards past

Chesterfield, MO

#71 Jan 29, 2013
Ex student wrote all this in the past
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/frenchburg-ky...
Wise Owl

Tucker, GA

#72 Jan 29, 2013
Lovingly some Patrick clique power. Come on clique members lets get that money for Patrick
legal aid

Richmond, KY

#73 Jan 29, 2013
Let's now compare Menifee with Bath Co. You folks have no idea how stupid you look to outsiders. I'm talking about a certain group of new board members and disgruntled teachers. Benny, you should be ashamed of yourself. You too James Robert. NO ONE will win if you friggin idiots don't back off. Let time run it's course. IMHO one who was a poor principal will NEVER be a good superintendent. And, is it true the Feds are looking into financing of board elections. Better watch out Ben and James cuz y'all might get to be cell mates if this is true!
Now

Tucker, GA

#74 Jan 29, 2013
Now Meniffee has a few members just like Bath. Where did they find them
Ex student

Richmond, KY

#75 Jan 29, 2013
dumb buzzards past wrote:
Ex student wrote all this in the past
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/frenchburg-ky...
You are a complete moron !!!
Ex student

Richmond, KY

#76 Jan 29, 2013
video watcher wrote:
<quoted text>
The Super salary is set by the board, so no they WILL NOT HAVE TO make the same. If the super is let go and his contract has to be paid out there are a couple of solutions. Two unnecessary central office positions could easily be abolished by the board and money used to get him back to Powell County or TN, in my opinion.
Shame on you, Shame, shame, old board members for extending, extending, and extending the supers contract. You old board members that are gone caused this mess that the new board members are having today. You only said yes and never said NO, No,NO.
Sure ok. Offer the job to Benny for 35,000 a year. I'm sure he will Jump at that !!!
Shame

Campton, KY

#77 Jan 29, 2013
Wise Owl wrote:
<quoted text>I have always been here,where were you? I don't know what you mean by the wrong end of things,you are correct in saying two wrongs don't make a right but the first wrong needs to be fixed. Like video watcher says the super does not have to make such a big salary and neither do some of those people getting too large salaries. The new board members certainly have their work cut out for them,but they do have my support,if i can be of service in any way. I ask you Shame are you one of those that lost,or one of their supporters or perhaps one that is receiving one of those big salaries? Like i said before,menifee county is too small of a county and a poor one for such large saleries and the ones that were elected before should have taken that into consideration. It is much like the other government agencies,they want to go along to get along,that doesn't work.
I've been right here with you and watching all of this. I have seen good people come and go. I have admitted to not speaking up and I should have but no one else was and you don't last long around here if you say much if you aren't a member of a large family . I know that you have not been speaking up before now either. Watching this all play out, it's interesting that those who were on the wagon with the current super while they thought they had something to gain are now the ones causing trouble and this is a grab for control. There does need to be change but not a stupid one. I think I will take my chances on winning the lottery.
You are

Chesterfield, MO

#78 Jan 29, 2013
the one that started out on frenchburg topix using the sign in name (MENIFEE SUCKS) aint you?
Ex student wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a complete moron !!!
Wise Owl

West Liberty, KY

#79 Jan 29, 2013
Shame wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been right here with you and watching all of this. I have seen good people come and go. I have admitted to not speaking up and I should have but no one else was and you don't last long around here if you say much if you aren't a member of a large family . I know that you have not been speaking up before now either. Watching this all play out, it's interesting that those who were on the wagon with the current super while they thought they had something to gain are now the ones causing trouble and this is a grab for control. There does need to be change but not a stupid one. I think I will take my chances on winning the lottery.
I have always let's say been around,watching,taking it all in. Listening mostly,weighing the pros and cons,much like you. Have been busy with other projects going on,this is the first opportunity to really voice your opinions,now that the new board has taken over,before Mitchell was pretty well set. There wasn't any use in saying much then,just blowing smoke is all it amounted to. Now, noone has mentioned the Patricks and Deskins,Backs and Sexton except the one who posts with many isps.united states,Richmond,A Proxy,CA,this person hops from one server to another,but we know who he is. He is a mental case,you can tell by the way he posts. Stick around Grethel and see how this pans out.
Ex student

Tucker, GA

#80 Jan 29, 2013
You are wrote:
the one that started out on frenchburg topix using the sign in name (MENIFEE SUCKS) aint you?
<quoted text>
LOL. NO !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denniston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bullies 50 min Allie 7
Brittany planck 7 hr Brplan 18
Johnson County votes has nickel tax recalled 13 hr to much waste 1
Austin prater 18 hr Reality 5
Towing Service in Frenchburg May 22 Wondering 1
gay hangouts (Apr '09) May 22 Itsme 46
News Job Corps is worth a second look (Mar '09) May 22 Leroy 621

Denniston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance