What ever happen to Kyle Spring and t...

What ever happen to Kyle Spring and the Shooting?

Posted in the Denham Springs Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Apr 08

Walker,LA

#1 Jan 13, 2009
What ever happen to Kyle Spring? The one that shot the bar owner there right across the Amite river there? Anyone know if they ever convicted him or not?
Waiting4Justice

Gonzales, LA

#2 Jan 22, 2009
Kyle Spring is sitting home on house arrest. The trial is scheduled for March 9th. He WILL be convicted of second degree murder, which carries a life sentence in prison.
trainman01

Baton Rouge, LA

#3 Jan 26, 2009
I knew him from way back when. I know that when he came to work alls he ever talked about was his kids and showing pictures of them to everyone. Never missed a days work it seemed like and was a hard worker and caring dude. Noone would never make me beleive that he just went up and shot someone. I KNOW that something else had to happen out there than what is being said. God sees all sides and he will be the one who calls the shots. good luck to both sides.

Walker,LA

#4 Jan 26, 2009
I understand where you are coming from trainman01. but everyone usually has two sides to themself as well. kyle, when he was drinking was not the same person. He was like Jekyll and Hyde. I have seen him both ways and when he was sober he was like you say, but once drunk, he was totally different. I'm sure there is more to it all but in the end, he was in the wrong and will have to pay for it.
trainman01

Baton Rouge, LA

#5 Jan 26, 2009
i c cajun, i have not talked to kyle since he left the railroad but i have heard the story of what had happend up there. i cant honestly say that i or any other man would not have done the same thing if we were in that situation. i just no that i worked with kyle for many many years and he is a good man and i was totally shocked when i heard the charges but after hearing the story i assume that everything will or has turned out ok for him. i had an uncle that was shot and killed at a bar here in hammond a few years ago and although we were best friends sometimes when you get mixed up at a bar, where drinking is usally taking place things can go bad quick. i know since the accident with my uncle i stay out of them places. i do feel for both sides though--

Walker,LA

#6 Jan 27, 2009
It is very sad for both families in this, Kyle has a great wife and kids and now they will end up (if found Guilty)without a father. I don't know much about the other man and his family but in any case I'm sure he is dearly missed and his life cut short by a stupid choice on Kyle's Part.
cajunkid143

Cumming, GA

#7 Feb 11, 2009
I have heard some
cajunkid143

Cumming, GA

#8 Feb 11, 2009
sorry pushed the wrong button::::

I heard back in november that franchuqs 3 daughters were caught driving around and doing drugs with kyle. whatever happen with that? I also heard that one of his daughters lives with kyle? am i the only one who thinks this sounds strange?
momto2boysharray

Baton Rouge, LA

#9 Feb 12, 2009
cajunkid...i heard some of that to...VERYYYY strange..if someone supposedly murdered my father you can bet neither me or ANYYYY of my family would be around him....looks like some guilt on the franchuqs part if you ask me. I heard them people are WAYYYY out there on drugs something bad!!!
cajunkid143

Cumming, GA

#10 Feb 13, 2009
yeah sounds like drugies killing drugies. There are some strange rumors going round bout them franchuqs. i guess it will come out in court. seems like they should all be put away.
momto2boysharray

Baton Rouge, LA

#11 Feb 15, 2009
cajunkid, i hear what your saying! Ive been in that slipery petes bar before.man they are scum through and through. I dont know the man who shot him but i no OF the franchuqs and my goodness i dont think i have met anyone trashier than that bunch!! i dont no what rumors you heard but i have heard some things that are truly UNBELEIVEABLE!!! i have to say they told me that dude that shot the owner had a clean record..that will make u wonder what really damn happened out there that night!!! im sure it wil all come out in court

Walker,LA

#12 Mar 3, 2009
Are they having the trial in East baton Rouge or Livingston parish?
dueinaugust

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Mar 3, 2009
i thnk in livingston..i heard it was postponed agian!! that dont surprise me any.
cajunkid143

Cumming, GA

#14 Mar 6, 2009
He waived his right to a jury trial and is putting it in the hands of a judge.. does that change the date?

Walker,LA

#15 Mar 6, 2009
Oh that is about the Dumbest move you can make! While its hard to do with a Jury, You only have to convince 1 out of 12 of reasonable doubt that the state has against you. Waving that right you have to convince the judge that you are right and that the state is wrong.

Being in court as much as I am, I have rarely seen that go to the benefit of the Defendant.
budracing56

Baton Rouge, LA

#16 Mar 6, 2009
hillbilly..lol..there is a first time for everything:o) who knows whats in a judges mind. if he knows them daughters, im sure he knows the nut dont fall far from the tree!

Walker,LA

#17 Mar 7, 2009
I can not judge on the Daughters, I only know what I have read on here about them. It will be interesting to say the least. If it was Justifiable, then so be it.

But I do know kyle personally, and when I first heard of this, which happened not long after I left Walker, I was not surprised by it. He has a temper from hell when he's drinking and he becomes someone else.

Hopefully justice will prevail, I guess we can only wait and see.
cajunkid143

Cumming, GA

#18 Mar 11, 2009
keep me updated on the trial
budracing56

Baton Rouge, LA

#19 Mar 11, 2009
look like spring may win.
observer

Baton Rouge, LA

#20 Mar 11, 2009
Defense has definitely sounded more credible throughout trial. Most consistent witness statements and just generally presented the stronger case. The prosecutor has really been struggling. I don't think the judge will acquit just because he's a pretty tough guy. But I certainly don't think Spring will end up with a 2d murder. I'm guessing manslaughter, which is still sad. It really does sound like a pretty clear self-defense case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denham Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Angry Black Students in Walker High School ? (Mar '17) Aug 21 Borderguard 4
News after a transgender woman (Sep '15) Aug '17 Tami Tenarife 3
Walker sluts nudes on skype Jul '17 mbrel 1
James Buie? (Jan '17) Jul '17 Old friend 2
Animal Abuse Apr '17 Anon 1
News They paid premiums, so why must they fight for ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Tea Bag Residue C... 2
Emmit Cazes is gay!? (Feb '15) Jan '17 Litigaligic 21

Denham Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denham Springs Mortgages