History of Belle Vernon bridges makes...

History of Belle Vernon bridges makes for interesting tale

There are 3 comments on the Herald-Standard story from Jan 3, 2008, titled History of Belle Vernon bridges makes for interesting tale. In it, Herald-Standard reports that:

“The plans and specifications followed in erecting the Belle Vernon bridge were originally drawn to be used in constructing a bridge at Elizabeth”

Mention the Belle Vernon-Speers Bridge and most people automatically think of the massive structure that links three counties along Interstate 70 from high above the Monongahela River. via Herald-Standard

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Standard.

Myra

United States

#1 Jan 14, 2008
Whan I was in 1st and 2nd grade, we lived at the foot of the bridge ramp in Speers. First grade I walked up over the hill to the Speers 1 room (yes I said 1 room school) but in Second grade walked across that bridge to attend school in Belle Vernon. Foggy mornings were very scary.
Myra

United States

#2 Jan 14, 2008
I just read my comments that I posted 1 minute ago and for some reason is says that I am from Sellerbrug, IN. I am not, I am from Finleyille, PA. I still live in the area.
Jessica

Hampstead, MD

#3 Apr 15, 2008
I have lived in Belle Vernon since 1987 and it's amazing how much it has changed just since then. I can remember when Wal-Mart was a drive in movie theatre.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Denbo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Couple, two children flee burning Denbo home (Jan '13) Jan '13 Alex 1
News Fatimah Ali: Keeping Up with the Bitters (Sep '08) Sep '08 Mike F 1
News EPA chief defends California decision (Mar '08) Mar '08 Dajokerman 24
News Too Much Campaign Cash for Spector? (Jan '08) Jan '08 RayOne 1

Denbo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Denbo Mortgages