Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,733

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93634 Oct 25, 2013
ronny r wrote:
I'm from the gov't and we are here to help.
The government help is what's got us into this mess.

Location hidden

#93635 Oct 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Anyone with additional interest in the above Civil War story may find it online by searching "Simpsonville Slaughter".

Dog is now warm so I will join him in catching more zzzzzzzzzs. Good night/day.
Night AW-- finally got my footsies warm and toasty.
Anne

La Crosse, WI

#93638 Oct 25, 2013
Wow! No comments for 20 hours! Wow!

We've started home and made a little stop at Laura ingalls wilders birthplace. They've set up a replica cabin. Of course it's pretty small but they werent pack rats with enough clothes to wear for a month or so without doing laundry or toys galore like a lot of families. I don't want to live with a fork or two and a couple of cups to share but I could downsize as could most all of us. Simplify. Simplify.
Good night all.
hands- off

Pittsford, NY

#93639 Oct 25, 2013
No pistol -whipping no contact.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93641 Oct 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
Wow! No comments for 20 hours! Wow!
We've started home and made a little stop at Laura ingalls wilders birthplace. They've set up a replica cabin. Of course it's pretty small but they werent pack rats with enough clothes to wear for a month or so without doing laundry or toys galore like a lot of families. I don't want to live with a fork or two and a couple of cups to share but I could downsize as could most all of us. Simplify. Simplify.
Good night all.
I simplified 3 years ago when I came back to the old homestead after being gone for 50 years. I converted the back 3 little rooms into one big room with barn lumber walls and no ceiling except for used oak in the apex and 24-7-365 ceiling fans suspended down above the 60 year old poplar cross beams decorated Cracker Barrel style with horse hames, cross cut saw, duck decoys and such. My main part of the house has no attic and appears to be more like a cabin. Bedrooms are more modern. I follow the "KISS" method... Keep It Simple, Stupid... LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93642 Oct 26, 2013
Dog is back from his tree, more wood added to the wood burner, and a big iron pot of chili cooking on top of that. So I will go back to bed and wait until time to get up and have a chili brunch and start watching old Westerns... We are looking forward to seeing WishBone, Rowdy Yates, and Gil Fabor "headem up, rollem out".... RawHide.......
Anne

La Crosse, WI

#93643 Oct 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I simplified 3 years ago when I came back to the old homestead after being gone for 50 years. I converted the back 3 little rooms into one big room with barn lumber walls and no ceiling except for used oak in the apex and 24-7-365 ceiling fans suspended down above the 60 year old poplar cross beams decorated Cracker Barrel style with horse hames, cross cut saw, duck decoys and such. My main part of the house has no attic and appears to be more like a cabin. Bedrooms are more modern. I follow the "KISS" method... Keep It Simple, Stupid... LOL
Your place sounds really neat and unique! The Cracker Barrel style is a great way to display all those old memories and other special items. I love looking at all those things. The ceiling fans, 24-7-365, I understand as some of mine run (almost) continuously. I don't have the old wood but downstairs I have 9 foot ceilings. I have a "plain ole country home" with a few nice amenities. Right now there's 5 people ( soon to be 6) living in the house so space is important. Before my better half comes home to stay all the others are moving out so we will have a lot of space for the two of us!
Theres a busy day ahead for us. At the top of my agenda is a side trip to see the cranberry bogs(?) like they show on the commercials. The season is about over but they tell me there's still a few around and I'm the driver! Lol.
Anne

La Crosse, WI

#93644 Oct 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Dog is back from his tree, more wood added to the wood burner, and a big iron pot of chili cooking on top of that. So I will go back to bed and wait until time to get up and have a chili brunch and start watching old Westerns... We are looking forward to seeing WishBone, Rowdy Yates, and Gil Fabor "headem up, rollem out".... RawHide.......
I've collected up a bunch of the old VHS westerns (.25,.50 and$1.00)and also buy various movies from thrift stores and yard sales. When the time comes I'll have that pot of chili or stew on the stove but I gotta have homemade brownies,Moms recipe, for dessert.
Have a wonderful day!!
Anne

La Crosse, WI

#93645 Oct 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Anyone with additional interest in the above Civil War story may find it online by searching "Simpsonville Slaughter".
Dog is now warm so I will join him in catching more zzzzzzzzzs. Good night/day.
Not wanting to get the party started for the day I googled the simpsonville slaughter. What a terrible waste. All they were doing was moving cattle to market. During wars I guess there were a lot of mass graves. Particularly during times there's no way to properly care for the deceased and disease is of great concern
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93647 Oct 26, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Not wanting to get the party started for the day I googled the simpsonville slaughter. What a terrible waste. All they were doing was moving cattle to market. During wars I guess there were a lot of mass graves. Particularly during times there's no way to properly care for the deceased and disease is of great concern
There were attrocities committed on both sides in the name of "war" including others such as (others you might want to Google) the Saltville Massacre and Fort Pillow and the activities involved with Sherman's march through Georgia. It was not uncommon for raiders to perpetuate blame by dressing in whatever military Uniform was convenient for the area and when all they were interested in was what could be confiscated for their own use. Much akin to "looters" when some catastrope occurs.

You might also be interested to know that I found an extended version of the Gettysburg movie on Youtube, if you can stand to watch it from a smaller screen for 4 1/2 hours LOL.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#93648 Oct 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
... start watching old Westerns... We are looking forward to seeing WishBone, Rowdy Yates, and Gil Fabor "headem up, rollem out".... RawHide.......
....and the young Eastwood of Good, Bad and the Ugly fame! Aawh Yes. Say, do you pick up on the old re-runs of Gunsmoke on the Western channel,#281 around here. Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty sure did look young on those first ones and on some,.....she doesn't have her mole painted on yet! They start around 5:00 and show three different ones everyday. Maingy Festus really makes some of those shows when he came aboard.
Anne

Rochelle, IL

#93649 Oct 26, 2013
Good Evening!
41/2 hours on this iPhone? Oh that would be difficult indeed! Lol .
The cranberry marshes were interesting but the harvest is over. At some point during the harvest it really does look similar to the commercials on TV. Btw. Not all McDonald's look alike. The one I stopped at earlier had a HUGE stone fireplace and there were assorted wildlife mounts. Moose, deer, fish, skunk, and fox. And a large arcade room. Wow
. Well. AW, I hope everyone is doing fine. It's been you and me pretty much the last couple of days. Lol I'm out for the night!

Location hidden

#93650 Oct 26, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>There were attrocities committed on both sides in the name of "war" including others such as (others you might want to Google) the Saltville Massacre and Fort Pillow and the activities involved with Sherman's march through Georgia. It was not uncommon for raiders to perpetuate blame by dressing in whatever military Uniform was convenient for the area and when all they were interested in was what could be confiscated for their own use. Much akin to "looters" when some catastrope occurs.

You might also be interested to know that I found an extended version of the Gettysburg movie on Youtube, if you can stand to watch it from a smaller screen for 4 1/2 hours LOL.
Fort Pillow? Now there's a bedtime story I'd like to hear.
Anne

Rochelle, IL

#93651 Oct 26, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>....and the young Eastwood of Good, Bad and the Ugly fame! Aawh Yes. Say, do you pick up on the old re-runs of Gunsmoke on the Western channel,#281 around here. Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty sure did look young on those first ones and on some,.....she doesn't have her mole painted on yet! They start around 5:00 and show three different ones everyday. Maingy Festus really makes some of those shows when he came aboard.
Howdy, Mississippi man! We posted about the same time a couple minutes ago.
Yep! Festus really did make some of those shows. Lol. Have a wonderful night!
Imposter

London, KY

#93653 Oct 26, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Fort Pillow? Now there's a bedtime story I'd like to hear.
Is that an elfin boot? Or a high heeled sock? Lol
Looks good either way, sort of... Halloweeny.

Location hidden

#93654 Oct 26, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Is that an elfin boot? Or a high heeled sock? Lol
Looks good either way, sort of... Halloweeny.
It's my Halloween boot! You like?
I'm a bewitching witch-- casting spells on unsuspecting sailors like the sirens of Homers Illiad and Odyssey.
anonymous

United States

#93655 Oct 26, 2013
we hacked the nsa yesterday and found evidence of the virus that is being let loose at certain times. i doesn't spread and kill other birds, just the ones that it originaly enters. it is being refined through the dod and darpa. these are atrocity that will soon infect all wildlife and soon humans. its designed to kill of the human population so the earth wont become over populated to bad. and aids will go airborne soon the are working on that too. stock up on food get gas mask and respirators. alot willdie
Walmart

Portsmouth, OH

#93656 Oct 26, 2013
Hey

Location hidden

#93657 Oct 26, 2013
Walmart wrote:
Hey
Hey
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93658 Oct 26, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
....and the young Eastwood of Good, Bad and the Ugly fame! Aawh Yes. Say, do you pick up on the old re-runs of Gunsmoke on the Western channel,#281 around here. Matt Dillon and Miss Kitty sure did look young on those first ones and on some,.....she doesn't have her mole painted on yet! They start around 5:00 and show three different ones everyday. Maingy Festus really makes some of those shows when he came aboard.
I get old Gunsmoke shows on the TV Land channel.Then on INSP channel, I get "The Big Valley" and "The High Chapparel". on RFD channel, I get "the Lone Ranger" and "Roy Rogers". AMC has shoot-em up Saturdays and that is where I normally see "Rawhide" and "The Rifleman". Yep, I like old Festus Haggin (Ken Curtis). I am sort of burned out on Hoss Cartwright and The Waltons. LOL I sometimes get "Sky King", last week I saw a couple of the old "Cisco Kid" shows. My all time favorite Eastwood movie is "The Outlaw Josie Wales".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Demplytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suzanne Hensley Fri Callemlikeiseethem 1
Antique Shops/Flea Markets in Town Dec 16 Junker 1
Kara Jude (Oct '13) Dec 16 Lame ppl 9
Clarks Quarry LaGrange (Jun '11) Dec 16 THEQUARRYRULES 96
Do they still SCUBA Dive at Joe Clark's Quarry? (May '14) Dec 16 satanrules 6
Sasha Osbourne (Apr '09) Dec 16 Anson Lehman 8
La Grunge Police Dept. (Aug '13) Dec 16 FAGGOTPIGS 13
Demplytown Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web