Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,705

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93376 Oct 12, 2013
Good night to All as well. Great that the little finch found its way. All that TLC sure does a fine for all creatures;) Taxes and holiday expenses here as well. Might be a leaner Yuletime.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93377 Oct 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
How did they figure out that it was the Baptist minister?
The killer previously owned a pawn shop-gold business in the same location and the victim had once worked for him, so the killer knew the Gold buyer from Richmond rountines also. The killer owned a similar business in Burnside and was the Baptist minister there. They had warrants for his house, his business, and the church and I suppose determined it through evidence.

Abeliever stopped in not long ago and said here computer was broken but she had finally found what she thinks is Mr. Right. Maybe it won't be Mr. Left LOL Dog would say Hello except his trip out to the tree has him worn out and he is asleep in his recliner.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93378 Oct 13, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Last we heard Abeliever was using a loaner computer. Whether it be work, love or life she appears to be busy;) She sure is missed. Hope, you are doing well though. I feel the cold creeping in at night. Sure dread the utility bills.
Strange weather around here. I had a fire in my wood burner Friday night but slept with my window open last night. I don't do the Yuletide at all anymore and oddly enough that stopped the worries on how to pay credit card charges. I don't do credit cards or lottery tickets either. I bought a lottery ticket 5 years ago and won $50 and decided I better quit while I was ahead. LOL

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#93380 Oct 13, 2013
Good morning, folks. It's another beautiful day in the Kentucky countryside. Did a few chores this morning, and got tired out. Going to take a little nap, and hope for a second wind this afternoon. I do major cleaning jobs at night, when everyone else in the house is fast asleep. That way, no one gets underfoot. When they awake in the morning, they think a magic genie came to clean the bathroom, so now they can take a shower or bath in a clean tub. LOL. Bye for now. Catch you later.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#93381 Oct 13, 2013
@ AW My two terriers are waiting for me in the bed. They take a nap as well, and are never far from my side, except when I take care of the horses. I don't dare risk a kick which could kill the little guys. Stein was extremely jealous at first and we had to watch him for sneak attacks. Now they have settled their differences, and Stein sleeps on one side, on the extra pillow, and Harley tucks himself in the crook of my arm on the other, clutching his little stuffed bear. So cute, but terriers are a tough, active bunch, aren't they. If I recall correctly, Dog is a terrier mix as well. I know the kind, just can't think of the name, at the moment. Best wishes to you. I admire your realistic, level thinking, and your ironic, and sometimes droll sense of humor. I still can't tell a joke without getting the punch line messed up, and I think of good one-liners, 5 minutes after they should have been delivered. Oh, well.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93382 Oct 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange weather around here. I had a fire in my wood burner Friday night but slept with my window open last night. I don't do the Yuletide at all anymore and oddly enough that stopped the worries on how to pay credit card charges. I don't do credit cards or lottery tickets either. I bought a lottery ticket 5 years ago and won $50 and decided I better quit while I was ahead. LOL
We use the prepaid cards here. It's been relatively nice though- the weather I mean;) Can't afford lottery tickets here: I figure waste not want not. I remember, when I was a little girl that my favorite Auntie bought me cowboy and Indian figures. I was a happy girl. As far as the Holidays, we never got any gifts until about 1987 by then I was getting getting older and clothes and shoes seem to be my gifts; my best gifts were two pairs of genuine penny loafers:) Hehehe. It took Daddy many years to get a better pay; railroad work was never easy, but he provided the best he could.I have always enjoyed the act of giving, but that is something possible throughout the year and never means spending. Like you, for instance, helping your neighbors and visiting the convalescent home.
Today, I see the Veterans' being turned away from a museum dedicated to them, and I wonder what has this world come to and where is it going? All we can do is be a light and teach our children to be kind, compassionate and loving humans with good work ethics. Fine day to you as well;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93383 Oct 13, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, folks. It's another beautiful day in the Kentucky countryside. Did a few chores this morning, and got tired out. Going to take a little nap, and hope for a second wind this afternoon. I do major cleaning jobs at night, when everyone else in the house is fast asleep. That way, no one gets underfoot. When they awake in the morning, they think a magic genie came to clean the bathroom, so now they can take a shower or bath in a clean tub. LOL. Bye for now. Catch you later.
My grandmother was always the first up and the last to bed. She would sweep and mop her floors, and general kitchen cleaning before going to bed. I have found myself following in her footsteps: It's preferable for me to start on a Friday evening and voila.One place I can't ever seem to organize, the closet.Guess I have a small place and not enough area. Lol. I know, living arrangements change a lot going from one child to two;) Fortunately, daughter likes to keep order. The boy is eager to explore the outdoors. Yet, oddly enough if this girl had a horse she'd be like you; nothing would keep from cantering off into the fields and hills.Possibly, I would lose my main helper. Lol.
Well, I have fresh bread calling. Pumpernickel, here I come.Blessings.
Tollesboro Guy

Versailles, KY

#93384 Oct 13, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> My grandmother was always the first up and the last to bed. She would sweep and mop her floors, and general kitchen cleaning before going to bed. I have found myself following in her footsteps: It's preferable for me to start on a Friday evening and voila.One place I can't ever seem to organize, the closet.Guess I have a small place and not enough area. Lol. I know, living arrangements change a lot going from one child to two;) Fortunately, daughter likes to keep order. The boy is eager to explore the outdoors. Yet, oddly enough if this girl had a horse she'd be like you; nothing would keep from cantering off into the fields and hills.Possibly, I would lose my main helper. Lol.
Well, I have fresh bread calling. Pumpernickel, here I come.Blessings.
Hey Everybody,
Just checking in. I am giving my wife $50 every 2 weeks for fuel $$ to Murfreesboro, TN to see our Son, His Wife and our Grandson at Christmas. We'll buy a few Christmas gifts between now and then and have enough money out of what I am giving her to maybe have Pizza delivered a couple of times while we are there. I'll make a huge pot of chili one night. Never seen cash money so hard to come by and to keep! Utility bill this month and next should be below $300 but we paid $390 in property taxes for the year on Friday in Vanceburg. Church and SS were just plain awesome today. God delivered his message through both ministers in a powerful manner.
Dropped by Mom and Dad's after church to discuss and she had been up early making zucchini bread with some of the zucchini she froze out of our garden this year. We came home with a whole loaf wrapped in foil. I had the end slice with some real butter layered on. It was as good as I knew it would be.
So,so many additions to the prayer list at church today. Even a 12 year old girl with sugar over 600 was taken to the ER in Flemingsburg and they admitted her. They are having a hard time getting it down.
The old Min Pin is napping with the wife on the couch and the old border Collie is in and asleep on her blanket at my feet. I think I'll sneak an hour nap before we head back to church at 6. So pretty outside, hate to waste it but, not much sleep last night.
Everybody take care and let's pray Obama ends this shut down!
Anne

Stafford, VA

#93385 Oct 13, 2013
We are wrapping up my visit to the north but we did squeeze in a quick trip to a local church "Harvest Moon Featival". I enjoy trying local foods and tried some of theirs. I had haliski--cooked cabbage, pasta(bowtie pasta), cooked onions. He had a kolbasi sandwich. The homemade pierogies were really good. Didnt try the arancini di riso, a ball of rice / veggies covered with a tomato sauce.
We drove around looking at scenery and ran across an alpaca farm with a shop. So. Now we each own one pair of alpaca socks. They wick away moisture from your feet, keeping your feet warm. People that use them, love them.
I see thoughts are turning to Christmas and Christmas gifts. We are really cutting back! A couple inexpensive gifts and then I'm framing a piece of that folding money with the bill folded so the presidents picture is displayed to the recipient. That's gonna be Christmas !!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93386 Oct 13, 2013
Dropped by Mom and Dad's after church to discuss and she had been up early making zucchini bread with some of the zucchini she froze out of our garden this year. We came home with a whole loaf wrapped in foil. I had the end slice with some real butter layered on. It was as good as I knew it would be.
@ Tollesboro Guy, I didn't think to buy and freeze some zucchini. Your mom's sounds tasty. Yummy, one can never go wrong with butter. Sorry to hear about the little girl. My baby will be 11 next year. Many blessings and positive thoughts are being directed her and her family's way.
Fine evening to All.
@ Anne, those slippers should keep your tootsies warm during the winter;)
Pe uW

London, KY

#93387 Oct 13, 2013
Anne wrote:
I had haliski--cooked cabbage, pasta(bowtie pasta), cooked onions. He had a kolbasi sandwich. The homemade pierogies were really good. Didnt try the arancini di riso, a ball of rice / veggies covered with a tomato sauce.
Ya'll could charge for the fumigating tonight if you stayed in motels.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93388 Oct 14, 2013
News thing at the top says Doomsday Preppers are preparing for default and are predicting Civil unrest, violence, and large scale looting and major banks saying the only money people will have is what is under their pillow.

I am not exactly a "prepper" but I am prepared by not having much to loot and plenty of ammo and chickens that I can eat if I have to, and I have plenty of experience in surviving on the little bit of change that is under my pillow. So I don't see that much would be any different and if the city folk go nuts.. a good many of those folks have a nice head start. LOL
wow

Durango, CO

#93389 Oct 14, 2013
wow

Since: Oct 13

Xiamen, China

#93390 Oct 14, 2013
Who has seen a clock with a bird shape to do it?
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93391 Oct 14, 2013
wesleyhu wrote:
Who has seen a clock with a bird shape to do it?
Me! Me! Does a rooster kitchen clock count???
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93392 Oct 14, 2013
Pe uW wrote:
<quoted text>Ya'll could charge for the fumigating tonight if you stayed in motels.
Heeheehee!!
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93393 Oct 14, 2013
I have been watching where my "location" puts me. A little crazy. I always post using my iPhone. Usually my location shows United States. However, I sometimes post through the topix app and that assigns me various locations. According to a few posts in the last few weeks I've been in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania and now I've been in Orlando Florida! Lol neither one is correct. Does anyone know how/why this happens? Maybe it's just the wind blowing me around? Some wind!
Anne

Hollywood, FL

#93394 Oct 14, 2013
@aw as far as being a prepper I guess i am to a certain extent. I've stashed away some food and water but I need to gradually build up a supply of toilet paper. I really like that stuff and would really miss it. Then i need to put some extra cash under the mattress. But tell me, what currency should I squirrel away? Hmmmm.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93396 Oct 14, 2013
Anne wrote:
I have been watching where my "location" puts me. A little crazy. I always post using my iPhone. Usually my location shows United States. However, I sometimes post through the topix app and that assigns me various locations. According to a few posts in the last few weeks I've been in Philadelphia , Pennsylvania and now I've been in Orlando Florida! Lol neither one is correct. Does anyone know how/why this happens? Maybe it's just the wind blowing me around? Some wind!
We have two IT guys on here ;) I think, it has something to do with one's ISP or servers; I guess, where the internet is basically signals that it would be easier for a phone's address or your location to change while traveling. On the other hand if one has a direct line of access like DSL or dial up, the customer has one location. I am pretty technologically ignorant. Partner is the tech brain. Hehehe. AW could provide you with the correct response. He knows everything. Hahaha.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93397 Oct 14, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> We have two IT guys on here ;) I think, it has something to do with one's ISP or servers; I guess, where the internet is basically signals that it would be easier for a phone's address or your location to change while traveling. On the other hand if one has a direct line of access like DSL or dial up, the customer has one location. I am pretty technologically ignorant. Partner is the tech brain. Hehehe. AW could provide you with the correct response. He knows everything. Hahaha.
No, I don't know everything. I just know enough about some things to be dangerous. LOL But I do know that for DSL or dial-up land lines that Topix picks up the location of the switching station being used at the time of the last modem reboot, power outtage, etc. If my ISP (Windstream) has heavy traffic or problems in one location, my traffic might get switched off to another location just to spread the load. But Windstream being mainly a Central Kentucky operation, my location will generally be reflected as being close but never really where I am. I do not live in Lexington, Berea, Nicholasville, or Versailles which are the main areas that Topix usually reflects.

Iphones being satellite driven will reflect where Topix sends and receives the best signals and really has no bearing on where the Iphone user is located. If you notice locations, Iphone locations will usually be reflected as United Staes or major cities and rarely show as being "Podunk".

I have been out today helping frame and install a set of double French doors... Not an easy task but fortunately, we did not break any glass. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Demplytown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quilting inspires woman left blind by car accident Nov 24 Gribz 1
Divorce attorney (Apr '11) Nov 22 angry 30
Lyndon Music Thread (Apr '13) Nov 22 Musikologist 7
Review: Oldham Oaks Apartments (Mar '14) Nov 21 LaGrange 4
Name the biggest druggies and thieves in the OC... Nov 21 watchurstuff 4
ashley nichole short Nov 20 Tap 1
Leslie Mann (Mar '11) Nov 20 Sera 2
Demplytown Dating
Find my Match

Demplytown People Search