Body of missing Deming teacher, Suzanne Grattan, found

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

The body of a Deming High School teacher was found Wednesday afternoon by law enforcement investigators, at an undisclosed site north of Deming.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
former student

Silver City, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 19, 2008
 
You will be missed, Mrs. Grattan.
Nicolle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 20, 2008
 
Suzie was an awesome person, I can't think why anyone would want to harm her. My prayers go to her family. She will be missed.
Laura

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 20, 2008
 
I ran accross this article while reading about the fires. Poor family, poor Suzanne. What a terrible thing to happen to a person who was obviously such a wonderful example for our kids. I am just so sad for her family and her students and coworkers. What a terrible shame.
Former Student

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 20, 2008
 
My mentor, "sigh" she was such an amazing person... her knowledge, her teachings, her words of wisdom, live on through those whoes lives she hs impacted. For everyone who knew her, she was a gifted and strong woman. she had been through so much hardship, but even through it all she had so much compassion, and a smile that could light up the darkest room. she had a passion for teaching, her students, her family...
michelle yates

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 21, 2008
 
Suzie was an old friend from high school. she was a sweet girl and will be missed by all that new her. she did not deserve what happened to her nor does anyone. my prayers are with her family and friends, but most of all with her beautiful baby boy. he will never have the chance to know how special she truly was. may GOD look over him and Suzie.
Yvette Ybarra Benitiz

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 22, 2008
 
I met Susie when we were just 5 years old when we both started school together. We grew close through the years and then we drifted apart as we grew older. I have so many great memories of her and us growing up. I'm glad to have been one of the few people she had touched in short life. I'm very sad to know that someone would hurt her and take her away from her son. She will never be forgotten.....
Don Bonar

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 22, 2008
 
I hope whoever did this dies a slow, painful death...
Devan Rose

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 23, 2008
 
I will miss susie. We were friends for a very long time. She was a good person full of love and life...She did not deserve this...Her family and child did not deserve this..i will miss her so.My prayers go out to her little one and her family, friends, school mates and students..to all those who she knew and loved...i will miss you susie q...WE WILL MEET AGAIN.........ROSE
Julianna Guzman

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 13, 2011
 
Suzie is my Aunt. The weekend before she went missing she went missing was fine. When I found out. My dad took me home early from school. Since it was close to my grandma's birthday, I thought that people were there because of a birthday party.
When they told me she was dead...it was like my world ended. We were close, we were unseperatable. And ever since then my family hasn't been the same.
I love you whoever supported my family when the news came we really needed it, thank you.
Julianna Guzman

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 13, 2011
 
former student wrote:
You will be missed, Mrs. Grattan.
My family will miss my Auntie Suzie. She once told me that she loved all students she tought.
Julianna Guzman

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 13, 2011
 
Devan Rose wrote:
I will miss susie. We were friends for a very long time. She was a good person full of love and life...She did not deserve this...Her family and child did not deserve this..i will miss her so.My prayers go out to her little one and her family, friends, school mates and students..to all those who she knew and loved...i will miss you susie q...WE WILL MEET AGAIN.........ROSE
This is her sister Jessica's daughter thank you.
Julianna Guzman

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 13, 2011
 
michelle yates wrote:
Suzie was an old friend from high school. she was a sweet girl and will be missed by all that new her. she did not deserve what happened to her nor does anyone. my prayers are with her family and friends, but most of all with her beautiful baby boy. he will never have the chance to know how special she truly was. may GOD look over him and Suzie.
This is the 11yr old daughter of Jessica. Gavin is fine, thank you for your prayers.
Julianna Guzman

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 13, 2011
 
Former Student wrote:
My mentor, "sigh" she was such an amazing person... her knowledge, her teachings, her words of wisdom, live on through those whoes lives she hs impacted. For everyone who knew her, she was a gifted and strong woman. she had been through so much hardship, but even through it all she had so much compassion, and a smile that could light up the darkest room. she had a passion for teaching, her students, her family...
this is the 11yr old daughter of Suzie's Sister Jessica.
my auntie did have a lot of passion
Julianna Guzman

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 13, 2011
 
Nicolle wrote:
Suzie was an awesome person, I can't think why anyone would want to harm her. My prayers go to her family. She will be missed.
Hey, its Juli Jessica's daughter thank you.
Jessica=Suzie's sister.
Crystal Q

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Nov 30, 2012
 
Former Deming High student
Ms. Grattan was never my teacher but I was there at the assembly the moment she was awarded for best teacher of the year, she was so happy!.... I saw her several times at school, she seemed very nice...... I also saw her at the store with her kid and her husband, and was introduced to them both by my sister, the man did not look like a nice guy, it seemed like he repressed her, by her attitude and body language towards him when we were introduced, he seemed very controlling......
anyway, I hope that he really feels the weight of his crime, he has deprived many students from a wonderful teacher.
natalee modragon

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 12, 2014
 
suzie is my auntie she mean the world to me and my mom jessica and father saul and sisters julianna guzman and noeli mondragon and brother jose guzman wish she was here to watch us grow up but she wwas here to watch us grow up but in heaven.
natalee modragon

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 12, 2014
 
thanks to all of you for your prayes suzie was my everything.
natalee modragon

Santa Fe, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 12, 2014
 
Crystal Q wrote:
Former Deming High student
Ms. Grattan was never my teacher but I was there at the assembly the moment she was awarded for best teacher of the year, she was so happy!.... I saw her several times at school, she seemed very nice...... I also saw her at the store with her kid and her husband, and was introduced to them both by my sister, the man did not look like a nice guy, it seemed like he repressed her, by her attitude and body language towards him when we were introduced, he seemed very controlling......
anyway, I hope that he really feels the weight of his crime, he has deprived many students from a wonderful teacher.
i agree

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Deming Discussions

Search the Deming Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Distance Learning High School Diploma Pilot. Mon Zece 1
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) Jul 19 Viet Nam 54
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Jul 18 Forum 8,435
Review: Billy The KID Produce Jul 18 Lee Olson 1
Chief Deputy Allen Carter resigns post (Nov '11) Jul 10 Lone Ranger 14
You text, you drive, you pay Jul 4 Exodus 2
June 26 1914 Jun 30 I love the southwest 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Deming Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deming People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Deming News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deming
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••