Don Heacox: Reasons to vote for schoo...

Don Heacox: Reasons to vote for school bond issue

There are 3 comments on the Deming Headlight story from Jan 22, 2014, titled Don Heacox: Reasons to vote for school bond issue. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

A number of people have told me of their intention to vote against the upcoming school bond issues and have provided some valid points.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

United States

#1 Jan 22, 2014
Seems Don forgot to mention that we are also educating children from Mexico as well, So now not only are the tax payers going to pay this bill for our kids,but also allow funds for kids from Mexico? Wonder how much the government of Mexico is going to help pay for this? I saw a article the other day that also mention that this wouldn’t cost the tax payers anything, wish someone would explain that one to me! We are going to need more teachers more police and more people in general more for maintenance and so on, and this isn’t going to cost the tax payers any more (RIGHT)
Don Heacox

United States

#2 Jan 22, 2014

I didn't forget about educating children residing in Mexico. Passing or not passing the bond issue will have no impact either way. Need to change the school board and the attitude in Santa Fe for that to happen. Of course this will cost the taxpayers, but the property tax rates will not go up because we will continue paying off bond issues at the current rate. The schools have largely lost faith with the public (generally for good reason). Work to add another reform-minded individual to the school board..

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Jan 22, 2014
This is the same ploy that was used several years back. WILL NOT Raise Your Taxes. The people of Deming do not trust DPS with their money any longer. They say they are going to do this, and we give them the money, then they spent it elsewhere. I do not think that the people of Deming should vote for this bond. I think the DPS needs to show the people of Deming they are good stewarts of our money, and do what they say. In the last ten years, we were told that schools needed to be replaced because the buildings were unsafe. We gave them the money to build some new ones. Not one of those buildings have been torn down due to their unsafeness. Are they empty? No, people still work in these supposedly unsafe buildings daily. I suggest you vote no to this bond on election day.
I also hope that the School Board will not put another local in the spot of a Superintendant. I have heard that Mr Trejo is being primed for the job. This will just be a continuation of Miss Moore's policies. Deming needs better. We, the people of Deming want a better school system, and will pay for it when the right time comes. Now is not the right time. I think a new Superintendant and her huge staff of cronies should be replaced and get DPS straightened out before the people of Deming spend another dime.
I want to also put blame in another area, The School Board. They have to vote for everything that DPS has done. I think term limits of two terms would be a healthy policy. To start, we need to replace the whole board. I am very disappointed in Bayne and his board. Just more of Miss Moore's croonies. Deming needs major changes in both the Board and at DPS.
When you vote, Read the Ballot both on the Front side and the back completely. On the front side it will say Build new High School but on the back side it will say the money can be spent where needed. Read what your voting for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Mon Spider 8,845
News Voice of the people (May '14) Oct 20 juan 5
News High Five Tour coming to Petro Oct 19 I love the southwest 1
News Judge sentences Jeremiah Ordonez to 18-1/2 years (Mar '09) Oct 6 Fifer 14
Drugs in Luna County Detention Center? (Jul '15) Sep '16 Anonymous 3
News Weird New Mexico: Bigfoot Sightings (Oct '11) Sep '16 reese 116
News Ex-mayor of Columbus, NM town out from prison e... (Dec '13) Sep '16 Louie 19

Deming Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deming Mortgages