Las Cruces Style: Full-Tilt Fiesta Se...

Las Cruces Style: Full-Tilt Fiesta Season is coming

There are 1 comment on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Aug 19, 2012, titled Las Cruces Style: Full-Tilt Fiesta Season is coming. In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The ducks used to stand alone, as they waddled in for Deming's Great American Duck Race to lead us into FTFS, that festival-filled time of year that stretches from late August to January.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

I love the southwest

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Aug 21, 2012
Years back we had a few festivals that were well known and attended in the southwest region of our state. Some no longer exist like the Hillsboro Apple Festival. And many more have been added that its getting to hard to keep up with. One community that I have to give kudos to for putting on events and festivals continuously starting from New Years to Christmas is Silver City. Why so much energy in that community? Beats me but I think it could be their leadership or that the community has a common vision: to get Silver City well known. To name a few of their events and festival are: Red Paint Pow Wow, Chocolate Fantasia, Tour of the Gila, Silver City Blue's Festival, Wild Wild West Pro Rodeo, Cowboy Day, Independence Day Festivities, Hummingbird Festival, Run to Copper Country Car Show, Gem & Mineral Show, Gila River Festival, Fort Bayard Days, Pickmania, Big Ditch Day,Silver City Clay Festival, Fiber Arts Festival, Mimbres Valley Harvest Festival, Pinos Alto October Fiesta, Weekend at the Galleries, Tamale Festival, Lighted Christmas Parade, just to name a few. Whew, I'm exhausted. I know I left some out but I think I mentioned the most important ones. Keep up the good work Grant county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 9 min Richies Cool Man ... 10,272
News Audit: $145K in public funds likely stolen at D... Dec 5 La Chica 505 2
News Deming teacher wins national Milken Educator Award Dec 2 JackieofDeming 1
News Immigrants find home, future in Deming Dec 2 JackieofDeming 2
News City will ask voters to approve bond for streets Dec 2 JackieofDeming 3
News City declares messy yard a nuisance Dec 2 JackieofDeming 5
News Phillip Skinner elected mayor of Columbus (Mar '14) Dec 1 a honest MAYOR 2

Deming Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance