You text, you drive, you pay

There are 4 comments on the Deming Headlight story from Jul 1, 2014, titled You text, you drive, you pay. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

Headlight Photo If you are caught texting while operating a motor vehicle in the state you can expect to pay a fine.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

Jackie

United States

#1 Jul 3, 2014
Excuse me you idiots a setting yourself up for another big law suits ! Or donít you pay attention to the law the supreme court just passed???? Come on stop me while I am driving! itís none of your dam business what a person does on their phones, and you better have a warrant,to see my phone, now with that statement made,these laws are designed,to just give a cop probable cause but your not seeing my phone without a warrant,
Exodus

Tampa, FL

#2 Jul 4, 2014
Check phones, but by all means, don't check citizenship.
Alexian

Rio Rancho, NM

#3 Aug 17, 2014
This has been so awesome! Tagging people left and right. They don't even see it coming.
Ignoranceisbliss

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 9, 2014
Jackie, your an idiot. People who text, talk on their phone while they drive are just as responsible as someone who drinks and drives. You travel at about 88 fps when going 60 mph, so in 3 seconds you go about the length of a football field. Make your remark to someone who has lost a family member to a text or phone call someone takes while driving. Guarantee you it wont be pleasant for you, you may have to use that phone to call 911. They dont want to see your phone, they will just give you a ticket with a nice fine attached.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community honors fallen veterans (May '14) May 19 May 25 2015 2
News Body of missing Deming man found in Hidalgo County May 18 Michael Oshkeniew 3
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) May 15 Norman 8,688
News Border Patrol arrests 7 after truck chase May 15 King Joe Zarate 8
The circus is coming May 12 Exodus 11
News Keep Luna County Beautiful organizes Great Amer... May 8 paint over it 1
where's single chicks at Ņ May 7 Chuck Henson 2
More from around the web

Deming People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]