Verdict is in! Deming family acquitte...

Verdict is in! Deming family acquitted on 24 of 28 counts in federal gun smuggling, conspiracy case

There are 4 comments on the Deming Headlight story from Aug 2, 2012, titled Verdict is in! Deming family acquitted on 24 of 28 counts in federal gun smuggling, conspiracy case. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

A federal jury on Wednesday convicted three members of a Deming family for making false statements on ATF forms during an undercover federal sting last year at their firearms store.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

Concerned

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Aug 2, 2012
Does this mean that they will get everything that was taken back from the government?
John Otis Comeau

United States

#2 Aug 2, 2012
Concerned wrote:
Does this mean that they will get everything that was taken back from the government?
Unfortunately not. But if on appeal they get the remaining charges dismissed, I'm hoping they'll have grounds for a kickbutt lawsuit that will enable the whole family to comfortably retire. This whole thing was dirty tricks by the ATF, and they had to break numerous laws in the process of entrapment. There's something seriously wrong with this.
who can you trust

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Aug 3, 2012
The youngest member of the family was cleared of all wrong doing. He spent a year in jail for doing nothing wrong. All the money in the world will not fix the treatment this young man was made to suffer while he was in jail. I agree ''there is something seriously wrong with this.''
Arts n Letters - Arts

Artesia, NM

#4 Aug 3, 2012
John Otis Comeau wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately not. But if on appeal they get the remaining charges dismissed, I'm hoping they'll have grounds for a kickbutt lawsuit that will enable the whole family to comfortably retire. This whole thing was dirty tricks by the ATF, and they had to break numerous laws in the process of entrapment. There's something seriously wrong with this.
3p6l0z9P4M6B1e4l7l9c3r2a5n5k.0 T0h2x6!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Sun _Peach_ 9,540
News NMSU Chancellor Carruthers to retire in 2018 Aug 16 roberta 2
News Help from above (Jan '10) Aug 10 Octopie 178
News Duck Race will expand live entertainment (Jul '11) Aug 9 Time to get rolling 23
News Salsa Fest returns to Luna County Aug 4 I love the southwest 1
News Houston company looks to New Mexico to grow alg... Jul '17 Jackieofdemimg 2
Where were the flags Jun '17 red white and blue 4

Deming Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deming Mortgages