Walk and Roll

Oct 2, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Deming Headlight

Deming Public Schools will participate in Wednesday s Walk and Roll to School Day sponsored by the New Mexico Department of Transportation and its Safe Routes to School program.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Sep 2, 2013
better routes

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 2, 2012
 
I have seen many parents walking their kids to school and many kids that walk to and from school on their own. The only problem is that they have to walk in the street because there are no sidewalks to walk on or the pathways to the school are covered in weeds. I hope the drivers watch out for the walkers. Maybe this is something the city and schools should look into.
pedestrian routes

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 2, 2012
 
More needs to be done about designing infrastructure for sidewalks and the safety of pedestrians. There are a lot of disabled people on their motorized wheelchairs that should also be considered.
Mr Whipple

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

weeds...weeds...weeds... spend more money. more and more money. Gawd knows kids like us would never DREAM of walking to school unless the surface under our shoes was pristine clean new sidewalk. How did us kids ever SURVIVE without more 'infrastructure'? In fact, how come we never even heard of the word 'infrastructure' back when we were kids? Ya know....back in the days when the government BALANCED THE BUDGET.
walking on stickers

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 5, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Mr Whipple wrote:
weeds...weeds...weeds... spend more money. more and more money. Gawd knows kids like us would never DREAM of walking to school unless the surface under our shoes was pristine clean new sidewalk. How did us kids ever SURVIVE without more 'infrastructure'? In fact, how come we never even heard of the word 'infrastructure' back when we were kids? Ya know....back in the days when the government BALANCED THE BUDGET.
Please get off this blog and mind your own business. Stay on the Carlsbad and Artesia blogs. If you don't live in Deming then you don't know what is needed here.
Mr Whipple

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

walking on stickers wrote:
<quoted text>Please get off this blog and mind your own business. Stay on the Carlsbad and Artesia blogs. If you don't live in Deming then you don't know what is needed here.
What makes this my business is: You're asking for other people's money. When you do that, you get other people's opinion!
cleo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 6, 2012
 

Judged:

1

More side walks will cost more money. It also cost money to maintain side walks. I sure do not want to pay higher taxes right now. Where would you like the money to come from?
walking on stickers

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 6, 2012
 
Mr Whipple wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes this my business is: You're asking for other people's money. When you do that, you get other people's opinion!
Since you like to comment on other town's blogs I suggest you read "Community forum on pedestrian plan" on the Silver City Sun News and you will see how a community comes together to promote progress and safety for their beloved Silver City community. Unlike Deming (Cleo) who want to keep Deming behind the times.
Mr Whipple

Artesia, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 7, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

walking on stickers wrote:
<quoted text>Since you like to comment on other town's blogs I suggest you read "Community forum on pedestrian plan" on the Silver City Sun News and you will see how a community comes together to promote progress and safety for their beloved Silver City community. Unlike Deming (Cleo) who want to keep Deming behind the times.
Dear Stickers,
what sticks on you are phrases like "Community" (root word in Communism) and "Come Together" by the self-avowed Communisnt John Lennon, and ..."pedestiran plan" which harkens back to the Soviet style 5-year plans.
Still, you have skewered me with the first arrow. You have correctly pegged me as a guy who's 'not up with the times.' In fact, I'm an old-line Dwight D. Eisenhower kind of guy who harkens from a time when government asked itself, "Can we actually PAY for this before we buy it?"
cleo

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

walking on stickers wrote:
<quoted text>Since you like to comment on other town's blogs I suggest you read "Community forum on pedestrian plan" on the Silver City Sun News and you will see how a community comes together to promote progress and safety for their beloved Silver City community. Unlike Deming (Cleo) who want to keep Deming behind the times.
How is stating a fact that side walks cost money to make and money to maintain, makes me want to keep Deming behind the times? Spending money that is not there and creating more debt is what is going to keep Deming behind the times. I asked you where do you want the money to come from? As a small business owner who pays fifty cents on every dollar I generate to some sort of tax, I say if more side walks means I payer higher taxes then who gives a flip about more sidewalks. Do you honestly think that side walks will make people move to Deming in droves and fill up all the empty buildings and homes in the area? I can tell you true people will not say I moved to Deming because the side walks were in such great shape and there were no weeds any where. Side walks ARE important but education, jobs and medical care and honest leadership are also things that need fixed in Deming. Fix that and you will see new side walks along with it.
walking on stickers

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 9, 2012
 

Judged:

1

cleo wrote:
<quoted text>
How is stating a fact that side walks cost money to make and money to maintain, makes me want to keep Deming behind the times? Spending money that is not there and creating more debt is what is going to keep Deming behind the times. I asked you where do you want the money to come from? As a small business owner who pays fifty cents on every dollar I generate to some sort of tax, I say if more side walks means I payer higher taxes then who gives a flip about more sidewalks. Do you honestly think that side walks will make people move to Deming in droves and fill up all the empty buildings and homes in the area? I can tell you true people will not say I moved to Deming because the side walks were in such great shape and there were no weeds any where. Side walks ARE important but education, jobs and medical care and honest leadership are also things that need fixed in Deming. Fix that and you will see new side walks along with it.
Now I understand why all the friction about clearing the weeds in the downtown area.
unsightly neighborhoods

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 2, 2013
 
Yard maintenance:

All land including areas adjacent to property such as alleys or easements must remain free of conditions which cause the property to become unsightly. Maintenance of alleys and easements is the responsibility of the adjacent property owner.

the definition of maintenance is the upkeep of property or equipment)

Come on everyone please get rid of the weeds. It would improve the image of our town and neighborhoods.
unsightly neighborhoods

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 2, 2013
 
Meant to say..........It would improve the appearance of our town and neighborhoods.
unsightly neighborhoods

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 2, 2013
 
Meant to say..........It would improve the appearance of our town and neighborhoods.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 3 min twomore 8,476
Pine-Spruce St. merger project is completed 1 hr Not everyone happy 1
Mimbres Valley woman still missing Aug 25 Insect Trust 6
You text, you drive, you pay Aug 17 Alexian 3
Duck Mall has what you've been looking for Aug 17 Aug 21-24 2
China Restaurant Aug 16 bacon afficianato 2
Things To Do 8/14-8/20 Aug 14 Golly Gee 1
•••
•••
Deming Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Deming Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deming People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Deming News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deming
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••