DAC features Black Range Artists

DAC features Black Range Artists

There are 2 comments on the Deming Headlight story from Aug 9, 2012, titled DAC features Black Range Artists. In it, Deming Headlight reports that:

Brad Simms, Deming Public Schools Art Teacher won Best of Show for the Black Range Artists with this portrait of his father-in-law who is a potter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Deming Headlight.

congratulations

Taos, NM

#1 Aug 11, 2012
Congratulations Brad on your first place win. And to the DAC and Black Range for hosting this art show. Hopefully many will turn out.

I can't help but remember when Mrs. Hoylen got the Arts started in this community about 30 years ago, like the arts in the park where children came to paint, play with clay, etc. There was always something going on at the DAC. The murals were painted, the petroglyph symbols at the under bridge north of town added some character. Hopefully the Paint the Town project can jump start more art awareness in our community.
DAC

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Aug 22, 2012
Mrs Hoylen a very classy lady and has done so very much for Deming. I do think that the thrift , craft shop and the sale of old media at the DAC is step down from what it once was for Deming.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deming Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bataan Legion prepares Veterans Day ceremony 1 hr C Kersey 2
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 7 hr None 10,477
News County did not fund Holy Cross demolition (Jul '10) Jan 13 jojubi 11
News Turner tosses hat in ring for Sheriff (Mar '10) Dec 18 Ace_man2935 41
News Audit: $145K in public funds likely stolen at D... Dec '17 La Chica 505 2
News Deming teacher wins national Milken Educator Award Dec '17 JackieofDeming 1
News Immigrants find home, future in Deming Dec '17 JackieofDeming 2

Deming Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deming Mortgages