Since: Dec 05

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2005

Ted Polbos has been a member of the Demarest Fire Department for 35 years now. Ted was Fire Chief in the early 80's and now is a safety officer. Ted has been a very active member of the Fire Department since day one. Ted is well respected within the Fire organization not just in Demarest but also in all the surrounding towns. Ted has put in countless hours maintaining the equipment that protects the residence of Demarest. As I search the web I cannot find a site, which tells a stories of the people that contribute their time for the citizens of Demarest. For people who serve half there live for a community should be recognized for their contribution to the boro. There should be an appreciation day for all who serve many years to the boro of Demarest. I would like to see some sort of history of the people who make and made Demarest what it is today and in the past.
As I write this Tedís health is slowly slipping away. Ted has cancer. Whenever I talk to Ted everything revolves around the firehouse or fishing.
I would like to see Ted and the others get the recognition that he and others deserve for their contributions to Demarest.
Ted is a man of character, wits and kindness. I should know.
I am Tedísí son.

John T Polbos
Jimmy Polbos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2006

Ted was very good man for the 12 years i knew him. When he passed i was with my step sister in texas. So the last time a saw was the day before i left for texas, he didnt look good at all. Now i really wish i didnt go but there was a reason why i went i havent figured it out yet. He was the best person to play cards with. I should know im his grandson
Nicole French

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2007

I knew him for 13 years because he died when i was 13. i am 14 now but he was the best grandpa ever!! i called him poppy. I got to see him the least out of all of his grandchildren because i live in florida and not new jersey. but whenever wed go and visit or hed come and visit us wed always play card games and id always cheat and hed be so patient and calm with me. Hed also show me the coolest magic tricks and i loved him very much.. When we flew to new jersey for his funeral and he didnt look at all like i remembered him. He also did the funniest duck noises. i miss him so much and will join him in heaven someday. I love you poppy!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Demarest Discussions

Search the Demarest Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Review: Cruise Tour Adventures by CruiseOne Jul 14 Carolyn C 2
Lights Out: Tenafly Mayor Orders Family To Remo... (Jan '14) Jun '14 Tenafly Resident 2
Gynecologist charged with sexual abuse against ... Jun '14 pailrider 1
State of New Jersey v. Stratos Mandalakis (May '07) May '14 Farouk Mehdi 131
what happened 10/03/10 am outside pathmark??? (Oct '10) May '14 MoonSurfer357 4
Allen Brewster (Jul '09) May '14 Allen Brewster 2
Plan to randomly test Northern Valley Regional ... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Sterkfontein Swartkrans 1
•••
•••

Demarest News Video

•••
•••

Demarest Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Demarest People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE