NRA Double Standard: Black Woman Sentenced to 20 Years for 'Standing Her Ground' in Florida

There are 20 comments on the BuzzFlash.org story from May 17, 2012, titled NRA Double Standard: Black Woman Sentenced to 20 Years for 'Standing Her Ground' in Florida. In it, BuzzFlash.org reports that:

The case of George Zimmerman shooting Trayvon Martin to death in Sanford, Florida, is starting to recede to the back pages of the news.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BuzzFlash.org.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#300 May 22, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>"I" before "E" except after "C".
Another smart arse that wants to post sarcastic replies but can't even spell! Faux News - 6th grade reading level and apparently, spelling too! lol.
Thanks for proving my point.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#301 May 22, 2012
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>Go twirl with someone else, racist. I am not interested in your bs! You can post to your hearts content with whatever bs you feel like spewing but I ain't responding and I am damn sure not interested.
Just curious. Then why did u bother to reply to his post at all? A bit contradictory don't u think?

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#302 May 22, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
<quoted text> Just curious. Then why did u bother to reply to his post at all? A bit contradictory don't u think?
The question is; why does she keep responding, after she says she won't respond?
SOUTHERN MAN

Gastonia, NC

#303 May 22, 2012
Convicted Felon wrote:
<quoted text>
He followed some kid,confronted and murdered him.
You will say anything,like obama does to get elected,would you not!LMAO!
Kermudgeon

Buffalo, NY

#304 May 22, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Richard , good to see you again.
There is a big problem for this lady.
You are not allowed , by law , to fire a warning shot in the state of Floria.
Zimmerman did not fire a warning shot.
Let me know if you need more help with that concept.
Still, she got railed for firing to miss, and spared her attacker's life while...

The law sometimes is just crazy.
Kermudgeon

Buffalo, NY

#305 May 22, 2012
If I had a daughter (of which i already have two), she wouldn't look like this shooter.

“O'er the land of the free ? ”

Since: Jan 09

Don't Tread On Me

#306 May 22, 2012
Kermudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Still, she got railed for firing to miss, and spared her attacker's life while...
The law sometimes is just crazy.
At first blush it may seem crazy to some but once a bullet leaves the barrel there is no calling it back.

Florida law is correct but not perfect in saying that a warning shot cannot be fired.

On another day a warning shot could go beyond it's intended target and kill or injure an innocent person.

Warning shots are best left to Hollywood where everyone goes home after then gun fight.
Funny Over

Nogales, Mexico

#308 May 22, 2012
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
The question is; why does she keep responding, after she says she won't respond?
She wants an orgasm!

“I'm out hunting”

Since: Jan 10

For your mind and soul

#309 May 22, 2012
Florida; a racist and hypocritical state.

Don't Tread On Me

#310 May 22, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
Florida; a racist and hypocritical state.
Opinions are like azzholes , everybody has one.

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#312 May 23, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Cupcake is for my baby and you're a miserable, lying, hateful racist.
WATCHDOG: Obama aides gave classified information on bin Laden raid for film... but not to the american people. Obama will buy a vote faster than the average bear boo boo.

Paris

#313 May 23, 2012
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>Hello Richard , good to see you again.
There is a big problem for this lady.
You are not allowed , by law , to fire a warning shot in the state of Floria.
Zimmerman did not fire a warning shot.
Let me know if you need more help with that concept.
Sounds like a good title for a window sticker for the back area of the house. "I don't fire warning shots"
tweety

Charlottesville, VA

#314 May 23, 2012
PlacitasRoy wrote:
NRA's primary demographics: White paranoid gun nuts who need phallic symbols to feel secure in their manhood.
Your just jealous placenta because your illegal and cant own a gun
Peter Armstrong

Taegu, Korea

#315 May 23, 2012
Oregon Troll Alert wrote:
"Yet, Marissa Alexander, a black victim of domestic violence, just received the full brunt of the racial double standard on "Stand Your Ground" NRA/ALEC laws. In Florida, where Martin was killed, Alexander was just sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing off a warning shot to fend off her abusive husband. It's important to note that Alexander received a sentence in jail, even though she was allegedly defending herself - and no one was hit or injured by the shot."
The NRA prefers its Stand Your Grounders to be white or, at least, mostly white. So you know the NRA & FL State Rifle Assco. were on this before the national news media pick up the story.
If the NRA had an ounce of ethical backbone it would defend her.
Call E-Mail Write Newspapers via NRA link Action For Marissa Alexander http://moorbey.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/call-...

Don't Tread On Me

#316 May 23, 2012
Peter Armstrong wrote:
<quoted text>Call E-Mail Write Newspapers via NRA link Action For Marissa Alexander http://moorbey.wordpress.com/2012/05/08/call-...
It is against the law to fire a warning shot in Florida.
Imom

Carol Stream, IL

#317 May 23, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you're independent, lol. Might I suggest the next time you want to post a sarcastic reply that you make sure you spell your words correctly or use spell check. It's "suggest and developed."
I already know there's no need to respond to anymore of your posts either. You've proven my point as well.
Considering I was STUPID enough to vote for Obamnazi when he ran for the senate but smart enough to vote for Hillary when she ran I would think that would qualify for being independent. For your information I am legally blind in one eye which makes proof reading hard but I do the best I can. But at least I do not have my head up and locked like some people. As for sarcastic replies what you can dish it out but can't take it. But at least my replies are not hate filled.
Imom

Carol Stream, IL

#318 May 23, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>"I" before "E" except after "C".
Another smart arse that wants to post sarcastic replies but can't even spell! Faux News - 6th grade reading level and apparently, spelling too! lol.
Legally blind in one eye but at least not a hate filled btch!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#321 May 23, 2012
bappie wrote:
<quoted text>Convince your fellow resplusivecans on the abortion and birth control issue and we have a deal! I doubt you'll get far though, they're more regressive and moralistic than they are reasonable and logical.
What, pray tell, is so bad about having morals?

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#322 May 23, 2012
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
She's a liberal, and like all liberals, has trouble with self control. She's all impulse and emotion, has no moral compass, and subscribes to the notion that if it feels good ... do it.

Paris

#324 May 23, 2012
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
What, pray tell, is so bad about having morals?
Her morals are like her money..........she don't have either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deltona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All us blacks should go back to Africa (Jul '13) May 1 thoughtshardblessing 235
News George Zimmerman compares himself to Anne Frank... May 1 Sheriff Joe 529 7
D'Jordan Brooks Apr 30 fakeass 1
heroin (Feb '14) Apr 24 brjd 4
HUGE DELTONA YARD SALE - Quality items no crap ... (Aug '14) Apr 23 angiesings4u 2
Sewage treatment package planned for residentia... Apr '15 Sue Cupon 1
Jean Smith (Mar '14) Mar '15 gangsta of deltona 6
More from around the web

Deltona People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]