Bill Steffen to become WOOD TV8 Chief...

Bill Steffen to become WOOD TV8 Chief Meteorologist

There are 32 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from May 20, 2008, titled Bill Steffen to become WOOD TV8 Chief Meteorologist. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

When you're talking about the weather in West Michigan, you can say "Bill and Craig said..." and people understand exactly who you're talking about -- and that the information is better than anyone else's. Bill ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
p miller

United States

#21 May 21, 2008
Congratulations. Glad you will be there
West Michigan ROCKS

Grand Rapids, MI

#22 May 21, 2008
Sooooooooooooooooo happy for you! You're the BEST!
Terri - the Bore

Grand Rapids, MI

#23 May 21, 2008
Laura wrote:
Thank God it's not Terri!!!!
you got that right. I already do not watch channel 8 just because she is so annoying. Can hardly stand to listen to her on Wood radio on my way to work. Sure hope she enjoys her holiday weekend off...(she's sure mentioned it enough) cause I sure will enjoy her weekend off.
Zaps Eltneg

Grand Rapids, MI

#24 May 22, 2008
Chris MacDonald wrote:
Bill was responsible for inspiring me to become who I am today: A TV meteorologist. I was born and raised in Grand Rapids, living there for 20 years. Bill sparked my enthusiasm for weather in 1990, when I visited the WZZM studios for the MDA Labor Day Telethon. As an 8-year-old in my T-Rex t-shirt, I dumped my pennies into the giant fish tank, as an example from Mom on helping the less fortunate. I reached up to shake Bill's hand, expressing my enthusiasm for weather. Bill whisked me away to 13's weather center, where he gave me several weather books and pamphlets. With a bout of storms a few days later, my fear of storms turned into a passion for them. Today--because of Bill--I'm living my dream career, as a TV meteorologist in Jackson, MS. Side note: I attended the same high school and university as former WOOD-TV 8 meteorologist Ginger Zee.
That was a fascinating story Chris ....... YAWN!!
Alto Toad

Grand Rapids, MI

#25 May 22, 2008
What's great about Bill (and Craig) is they have passion for their work. So many Meteorologists seem to be nothing more than weather readers.

Great to see Bill getting the nod- Congrats! Always enjoy Bill's reports and appreciate his weather expertise and insight.

“Don't touch my junk man!”

Since: Nov 07

Middle of the Mitten, Michigan

#26 May 22, 2008
Zaps Eltneg wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a fascinating story Chris ....... YAWN!!
I thought it was a great story.

Much better than yours on how Ronald McDonald inspired you to be the best darn burger flipper this world has ever known.
Rob

Big Rapids, MI

#27 May 23, 2008
Congrats Bill when me and my dad and brother moved to Wrest Michigan in 91 i was 9 years old and now i am going to be 26 i have watched you for almost 17 years and my personal opinion i think you are one of the best Weathermen I have ever watched you have a drive and passion for weather and i love that a lot of people enjoy watching you like my self once again Congrats Bill
john in vicksburg

Grand Rapids, MI

#28 May 29, 2008
congrats bill...now is the time to kick ZZM's butt for what they did to you...does the promotion come with a raise?...time to salt a few away..you never know in this business
flamejeep12

Seattle, WA

#29 May 29, 2008
Congratulations Bill! Best Wishes Craig! Love WOOD TV 8 Down here in Homer, Michigan!
Sally Parker from Smyrna

Jenison, MI

#30 Jun 2, 2008
Good Morning-Want to congratulate Bill on his new appointment as Head Meteorologist, know he will do a bang up job, as usual. Also a big thank you to Craig for his many years of keeping us updated on the weather for our area. Many of our activities relied on his daily forecast. We will miss seeing his friendly face and feeling his comforting presence in those frightening times of storm. He has earned a well deserved retirement.
One sideline this morning - I hope you aren't taking your information from the Press forecast. They are predicting SNOW likely for today!!! They either need to watch WOOD-TV weather, or get a new proof-reader!! Gave us our laugh for the day anyway.
Keep up the good work, we'll be watching.....
Alyssa

Hudsonville, MI

#31 Jun 13, 2008
Why is Craig James retireing
tom

Caledonia, MI

#32 Jun 16, 2008
Alyssa wrote:
Why is Craig James retireing
who cares, it's not like he's everybody's buddy, maybe many of you should see about getting a life, ya think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
innocent man serving life without parole for a ... (Mar '10) 7 hr tobeys arse 93
News Unlike colleagues, Michigan congressman embrace... 7 hr gocamel go 8
red roof in room 62 (Nov '15) Tue ted 8
News Illinois man charged in murder of Battle Creek ... Tue ted 2
lorrie ives (May '16) May 13 guest 8
Child Support Fraud (Dec '07) Sep '16 Ozzy 47
Hardware store (Aug '16) Aug '16 MCSM 1

Delton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delton Mortgages