Bill Steffen to become WOOD TV8 Chief...

Bill Steffen to become WOOD TV8 Chief Meteorologist

There are 32 comments on the WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan story from May 20, 2008, titled Bill Steffen to become WOOD TV8 Chief Meteorologist. In it, WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan reports that:

When you're talking about the weather in West Michigan, you can say "Bill and Craig said..." and people understand exactly who you're talking about -- and that the information is better than anyone else's. Bill ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Melanie

Denver, CO

#1 May 20, 2008
Congratulations!
Herb

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 May 20, 2008
Congrats Bill, I know we are in great hands still with you around. We have been blessed around here to have so many great meteorologists.
Gail in Wyoming

Canton, MI

#3 May 20, 2008
I'm glad to see that Bill will be the Chief Meteorologist. He's also been great to watch and listen to on TV.
Grandpa Chuck

Avalon, WI

#4 May 20, 2008
Bill,

Congratulations!

Chuck
maureenlee

Kalamazoo, MI

#5 May 21, 2008
Bill--I have always trusted you and Craig James. I am soooo glad you are taking over. Makes me feel safer to know at least ONE of you are left to watch out for W Michigan. I live in Kalamazoo and YOU are the weather folks I depend on! You are a popular guy too!
Anonymous

AOL

#6 May 21, 2008
I am very happy for you Bill. Keep up the good work.
Sue

United States

#7 May 21, 2008
congrats Bill!...Ive grown up watching you and
Craig...You two are the best!!
Gwinnie

Marquette, MI

#8 May 21, 2008
I bet the other meteorologists are not happy. Bill was the last one to arrive on WOODTV while the others have 5-10 more years of seniority. I know Bill will make an excellent chief meteorologist but I feel for the others who may have wanted that position as well.
Yeah but

Amelia Court House, VA

#9 May 21, 2008
Bill was chief at WZZM13 when he left to work at 8. At first I thought he was taking a step down, but now I see why he did it.

He has the experience. He'll do a good job.
pepper53

Hudsonville, MI

#10 May 21, 2008
Good luck Bill!:)

Boy do I feel old I can remember both of you when you started.......

Good luck in your retirement Craig:)
Just Stunned

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 May 21, 2008
Will miss you Craig.
Glad Bill is taking the helm.
tom

Caledonia, MI

#12 May 21, 2008
congrats...after all those years of having to be 'Tonto'.....frankly, I've always felt you do the best job anyway......good luck
Laura

New York, NY

#13 May 21, 2008
Thank God it's not Terri!!!!
Marvin Pease

Comstock Park, MI

#14 May 21, 2008
This is huge! Those on the outside won't understand. Craig James and Bill Steffen have been daily fixtures in my life since Jr. High. Now in my 40's I still get giddy with the next approaching storm with Bill Steffen and seek reassurance from Craig of what will be. Bill always excited me about weather. Craig is Grand Puba of weather. If he don't say it, it aint so! Well Bill, I guess it's just you and I from now on. I will miss the heck of of Craig and be watching for his cameo appearances with each approaching storm.
Marvin Pease

Comstock Park, MI

#15 May 21, 2008
bet he can't stay away!
LE Smith

United States

#16 May 21, 2008
Congratulations Bill!!! West Michigan weather forecasting is still in excellent hands, the torch has been passed on and look foreward to the future...
Chris MacDonald

Vicksburg, MS

#17 May 21, 2008
Bill was responsible for inspiring me to become who I am today: A TV meteorologist. I was born and raised in Grand Rapids, living there for 20 years. Bill sparked my enthusiasm for weather in 1990, when I visited the WZZM studios for the MDA Labor Day Telethon. As an 8-year-old in my T-Rex t-shirt, I dumped my pennies into the giant fish tank, as an example from Mom on helping the less fortunate. I reached up to shake Bill's hand, expressing my enthusiasm for weather. Bill whisked me away to 13's weather center, where he gave me several weather books and pamphlets. With a bout of storms a few days later, my fear of storms turned into a passion for them. Today--because of Bill--I'm living my dream career, as a TV meteorologist in Jackson, MS. Side note: I attended the same high school and university as former WOOD-TV 8 meteorologist Ginger Zee.
Barb

Detroit, MI

#18 May 21, 2008
Congratulations Bill! Best of Luck to you!
kathyoliver

Holland, MI

#19 May 21, 2008
5-21-08 craig james i will miss seeing your smileying face when i watch woodtv8 kathyoliver from holland mi
MaryCBWyoming

Denver, CO

#20 May 21, 2008
Congratulations Bill!! No one deserves this more than you. As a regular on your blog, I enjoy your daily updates and all the extra's that you bring to the weather. Make sure they give you a big raise too!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
anyone protesting Rosa Parks statues yet? 8 hr bartender 1
my gf is getting fat,i cant stand it 8 hr fatman 3
red roof in room 62 (Nov '15) Aug 4 Frank Rancour 9
News Michigan mom makes plea: Send my kid to college Aug 4 Doc Ellis 4
Review: Kalamazoo Orarage Peel Gazette Jul 16 Linda 1
Michigan Career and Technical Institute Jul '17 John 1
Dale Otis jr trying to say drugs came from area... Jul '17 No grey 1

Delton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance