Sale talks under way for Wauseon's St...

Sale talks under way for Wauseon's Sterling Stores chain

There are 4 comments on the Toledo Blade story from Mar 23, 2007, titled Sale talks under way for Wauseon's Sterling Stores chain. In it, Toledo Blade reports that:

Owners of 29 northwest Ohio Sterling Stores are negotiating to sell the convenience-store chain started in Wauseon in 1934.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Toledo Blade.

Former employee

Holland, OH

#1 Mar 24, 2007
Not surprising. Nesnah does not care about their employees, though they pretend to. They got rid of many loyal staff members when they originally bought Sterling, people who had been at Sterling for many years. These positions were filled by Nesnah personnel from Wisconsin, many of whom moved their families & relocated their lives to Wauseon. Now they are on the streets - great going guys,
another former emplyee

Bedford, OH

#2 Jun 22, 2007
I totally agree. They tell you one day that every thing is fine and you don't need to worry, you will always have a job with them and the very next day they shut your store down because it doesn't have gas pumps. No warning, no nothing. They had no care that alot of the employees were single parents trying to make ends meet and if they would have warned them the employees could have been looking for other work. Instead, they were left out in the cold to worry how they would provide for their kids. Great company!!
I am moving

United States

#3 Jun 24, 2007
Welcome to the Toledo area - mergers and big business - if it isn't the auto industry it's something else - f these guys we're outa here
I am moving

United States

#4 Jun 24, 2007
But - hey! the bridge is open as of today - big news.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
napoleon ohio (Mar '12) Aug '17 Harleybird 7
snitches and corruption in henry county (Jun '11) Jul '17 ftw291 10
News Leigh Ann Sluder (Mar '09) Jul '17 Angry friend 11
Wouldn't go here to die (Apr '17) Jun '17 Anonymous 4
The Place (Oct '08) Apr '17 I know 10
henry county prosecutors son (Oct '15) Apr '17 Napoleon is a joke 2
narks (May '12) Apr '17 Known them both f... 13

Delta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance