RNC notebook: No dissent? I'm outta h...

RNC notebook: No dissent? I'm outta here!

There are 21 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 4, 2008, titled RNC notebook: No dissent? I'm outta here!. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A delegate from Fairbanks, Alaska, left the convention tonight, saying he was fed up with his inability to express support for Ron Paul.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 08

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 4, 2008
Bye bye.

Take the rest with of the miserable deprived folks with you.

“SourDough”

Since: Sep 08

Deltana, AK

#2 Sep 4, 2008
Huh?
The Japs Are Comming

Calgary, Canada

#3 Sep 4, 2008
Miserable? Sounds like you get your news from the idiot box. You know the idiot box that puts dollars behind campaigns, and even goes as far as telling us who the popular candidates should be. The idiot box that does not give "every candidate" a fair amount of time.
Go to google analytics and let me know what happens when you compare all the other candidates websites against Ron Pauls, and then tell us who gets sensored the most. You will see there is a comparison between internet searches VS news coverage. Tell us the results.:)
Jimmy

Hanoi, Vietnam

#4 Sep 4, 2008
This is the dictatorship in action. No dissent allowed. Take your next dictator or leave it. You have no choice except McCain and Obama, two peas in a pod; like images from the same stable.

This sort of behind-the-scenes-politics has been going on in the United States now for centuries. It's no supprise that we have no real choice here.

With the decision mistakes made in the past it was easy to just mend the problem by going to war, cranking up the manufacturing output and exports to create new wealth, like working 2 jobs. This time, it's not so easy, as there is no real wealth being created, only consumed, and that's the problem. When the United States decided to convert to a "service" economy, real wealth started to decline, this started us on the road to where the United States economy now finds itself; in debt and out of work.

Coupled to a political establishment that thinks like Henry the Eighth,it could be a long hard trek out of this mess.
John

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Sep 4, 2008
Ron Paul did a awesome campaign, but the mainstream media chips were stacked against him. The posters here who took the low road with McCain will suffer with your votes. You'll be the first to cry the loudest when McCain and Palin break their promises, it'll happen, just watch ! Palin already lied through her teeth last night during her speech, McCain will too ! Oh well, here comes more taxes, more war, and more government. What a nice nation we have, speaking sarcasticly here lol
CyBear

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Sep 4, 2008
Jimmy wrote:
This is the dictatorship in action. No dissent allowed. Take your next dictator or leave it. You have no choice except McCain and Obama, two peas in a pod; like images from the same stable.
Are you auditioning for Comedy Central?
CyBear

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Sep 4, 2008
John wrote:
Ron Paul did a awesome campaign, but the mainstream media chips were stacked against him.
Ron Paul is a very smart man, but he doesn't get along with people he disagrees with, not to mention that he is nuts. That made him a failure as a Congressman, and a failure as a candidate. Frankly, had he won, I would vote for Obama. If Paul couldn't get my vote, he would lose 70-30.

<< The posters here who took the low road with McCain will suffer with your votes. You'll be the first to cry the loudest when McCain and Palin break their promises >>

McCain has always followed through on his. At least, he has more than most politicians.

<< Palin already lied through her teeth last night during her speech >>

No, she did not.
stpaulite

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Sep 4, 2008
Jimmy wrote:
This is the dictatorship in action. No dissent allowed. Take your next dictator or leave it. You have no choice except McCain and Obama, two peas in a pod; like images from the same stable.
This sort of behind-the-scenes-politics has been going on in the United States now for centuries. It's no supprise that we have no real choice here.
With the decision mistakes made in the past it was easy to just mend the problem by going to war, cranking up the manufacturing output and exports to create new wealth, like working 2 jobs. This time, it's not so easy, as there is no real wealth being created, only consumed, and that's the problem. When the United States decided to convert to a "service" economy, real wealth started to decline, this started us on the road to where the United States economy now finds itself; in debt and out of work.
Coupled to a political establishment that thinks like Henry the Eighth,it could be a long hard trek out of this mess.
And what were the primaries? A picnic lunch with friends?
stpaulite

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Sep 4, 2008
Jim wrote:
Every 4 years the hippies, freaks of nature and cowards of the Dem party try to force their will on the American people at these conventions and every single time they get their A-$-$-E-S- handed to them by the police. Hahhahahahahahaha. Go home losers, take a bath and get a job....
What does this have to do with this story? Maybe you accidently cut and paste your response from another story and attach it to every story? Are you some kind of robot spammer?
stpaulite

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Sep 4, 2008
CyBear wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul is a very smart man, but he doesn't get along with people he disagrees with, not to mention that he is nuts. That made him a failure as a Congressman, and a failure as a candidate. Frankly, had he won, I would vote for Obama. If Paul couldn't get my vote, he would lose 70-30.
<< The posters here who took the low road with McCain will suffer with your votes. You'll be the first to cry the loudest when McCain and Palin break their promises >>
McCain has always followed through on his. At least, he has more than most politicians.
<< Palin already lied through her teeth last night during her speech >>
No, she did not.
Yeah, he is definitely an interesting character and while I find some of what he has to say very intelligent and articulate, and very important, he can also act like a goofball(trying to find a nicer way to say it).
STuPid CARRIE

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Sep 4, 2008
Huh? What? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot you talking about girl??

Do you realize he was a delegate and not someone who just came to MN to voice support for Paul on the street? He should not have felt disenfranchised.

And your comment is just plain DUMB! I wonder how many of your 700+ comments were as dumb as this - a majority, I would guess.

Do you just post to get your comment totals up?
STP Carrie wrote:
Bye bye.
Take the rest with of the miserable deprived folks with you.
Bud in St Paul

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Sep 5, 2008
I meet this young man last night while watching the protest from a safe distance last downtown St.Paul. He is a Ron Paul supporter who was intelligent and well spoken. Unfortunatly he found out the hard way about politics it a mean nasty game and if you find yourself in the minority your voice gets shut out.
stpaulite

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Sep 5, 2008
Bud in St Paul wrote:
I meet this young man last night while watching the protest from a safe distance last downtown St.Paul. He is a Ron Paul supporter who was intelligent and well spoken. Unfortunatly he found out the hard way about politics it a mean nasty game and if you find yourself in the minority your voice gets shut out.
So true!
Ty Poe

Clinton, WI

#15 Sep 5, 2008
Jim wrote:
Every 4 years the hippies, freaks of nature and cowards of the Dem party try to force their will on the American people at these conventions and every single time they get their hats handed to them by the police. Hahhahahahahahaha. Go home losers, take a bath and get a job....
Anarchists are right wingers. Generally radicals are employed, or the children of wealthy. Poor jobless schmucks can't afford to protest.

Anarchists are right wingers. Let's travel the spectrum from center to the extreme right:

Center: Joe Lieberman in 2004 (when he used Obama to get himself re-elected)

Slightly right: The middle 15 minutes of McCain's acceptance speech.(Before the 'I'm a victim!' portion)

Righter: Joe Lieberman now.

A little more to the right: McCain's first 17 years in office.

Farther to the right: The first 15 minutes of McCain's acceptance speech.

Still farther to the right: McCain posturing for the religious right the last year.

GOP rightest -- Jesse Helms

A little farther out: Timothy McVeigh & pals anti-government rhetoric.

Anarchists (look it up) belief that NO government is the best government.
Chris

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Sep 5, 2008
Don't let the door at the airport hit you in the back sides Republicans. Now let's play hockey!!
Gus

Cedar Rapids, IA

#17 Sep 5, 2008
What a surprise. Both conventions are scripted from beginning to end. No dissenters need apply. I probably wouldn't vote for Dr. Paul, but he has convictions.

Since: May 08

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Sep 6, 2008
STuPid CARRIE wrote:
Huh? What? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot you talking about girl??
Do you realize he was a delegate and not someone who just came to MN to voice support for Paul on the street? He should not have felt disenfranchised.
And your comment is just plain DUMB! I wonder how many of your 700+ comments were as dumb as this - a majority, I would guess.
Do you just post to get your comment totals up?
<quoted text>
And you think my comment is Delta Uniform Mike Bravo...

I'm crushed, and my entire weekend is now ruined.

Lima Oscar Lima.

STP Carrie, Code Four.
Just Sayin

Cottage Grove, MN

#19 Sep 6, 2008
Wow, such maturity. Sounds like he left the X to whine with all his other 19 year old friends 'marching' outside. Hopefully he knew how to take a shower though.
Bill Hicks

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Sep 7, 2008
CyBear wrote:
<quoted text>
Ron Paul is a very smart man, but he doesn't get along with people he disagrees with, not to mention that he is nuts. That made him a failure as a Congressman, and a failure as a candidate. Frankly, had he won, I would vote for Obama. If Paul couldn't get my vote, he would lose 70-30.
<< The posters here who took the low road with McCain will suffer with your votes. You'll be the first to cry the loudest when McCain and Palin break their promises >>
McCain has always followed through on his. At least, he has more than most politicians.
<< Palin already lied through her teeth last night during her speech >>
No, she did not.
Um, what?

You are an idiot!

Everything you just typed was pulled fresh from your backside.

McCain is one that doesn't get along with people that do not see things his way. As documented here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20080907/pl...

Palin DID lie and stretch the truth about many things in her speech. As documented here:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_on_el_...

Name one thing Ron Paul has said that has not been truth backed by principle and the constitution?
CyBear

Minneapolis, MN

#21 Sep 7, 2008
Bill Hicks wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one thing Ron Paul has said that has not been truth backed by principle and the constitution?
Here are two.

I remember his writings from twenty years ago. The man was (then) a flaming racist. He believed in segregation and white supremacy. I have no reason to believe that he has changed his mind. This CNN article is true and fair, and I believe that RP is lying through his teeth in his response. Like I said, I remember reading them myself.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.n...

He is also an effing hypocrite over earmarks.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1186360438712...

Satisfied? Moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delta Junction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steven & Maria Stoneking (Jan '09) Aug 15 debbielr54 18
Debate: Marijuana - Fairbanks, AK (Aug '10) Aug 12 russell cooley 70
Moving to Fairbanks? (Sep '14) Jun '15 HopefullFairbanks... 5
Delta Junction Music Thread (Oct '12) Jun '15 Musikologist 10
News 5.8 magnitude earthquake west of Willow rattles... Jun '15 u never really know 1
back woods kentucky hillbilly (Oct '08) Jun '15 Kentucky Living 16
Alaska Gourmet Cookies (Nov '13) Nov '13 Wilbur 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delta Junction Mortgages