Alaskans prepare for N. Korean missiles - KTVA

North Korea's missile testing continues to alarm U.S. officials as they prepare for the worst. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

United States

#21 Jun 16, 2009
First off your off-topic, second off do you even know what's going on in the gaza strip? It's the worst humanitarian crisis since the holocaust! Also let me just say your safe up there in alaska.
DrLongBear wrote:
Our "president," (your's, not mine!) does not have the intestinal fortitude...however, I know that many lovers of our country & constitution will cause any attacker of the U.S. to deeply and forever regret their action(s). Any retaliation will be done in the face of what this president has planned...his entire program appears to be the systimatic dismantling of the U.S.- go ahead, argue the point...history has already proven my statement to be correct - just do any type of search for "Obama"+"Gaza "...exactly as it is typed, including qotation marks...bet you never thought a president of the U.S. would be not only inviting terrorists into the U.S., but paying for their plane tickets and food & lodging as well. There it is...a simple search should change your politice completely & forever!
DrLongBear

Wasilla, AK

#22 Jun 17, 2009
Jkjkhardcore wrote: "First off your off-topic, second off do you even know what's going on in the gaza strip? It's the worst humanitarian crisis since the holocaust! Also let me just say your safe up there in alaska. "

Not off topic or target (pardon the bad pun). I am not the one who brought Benny O's intestines into this...second, his ability or lack thereof to respond to a missile attack IS NOT off topic. He has made his agenda clear...it is not in dealing with N.K.- it is in coddling his terrorist friends. I gave you a link...it is a government link - use it or don't.

And, yes, I know what is happening in Gaza. I do not see it as "...the worst humanitarian crisis since the holocaust"!...but I am not surprised that you do. Israel has every right to defend themselves

And...as for concern about being safe...this was also not the my issue...I happen to know we have 30 missiles, 26 in response mode at all times. Not to fire at people, but to take any down that have been fired at us. With NKs 1, my concern is not for myself & mine but for what will happen world wide...

Finally, I noticed you had naught to say about the Palin blasting...hummm...
Patriotcountrybo y

Dearborn, MI

#23 Jun 17, 2009
Rumsfeld gave the Koreans the nuclear technology during the Clinton administration. If you do a little research you will find what I'm talking about.
Jim

United States

#24 Jun 17, 2009
Jkjkhardcore wrote:
<quoted text>
It depends if it was a test dud that doesn't do anything it could be construed as one, but in all reality it wouldn't be. If it was a real deal missile that explodes then yes that can be a declaration of war.
But, if S Korea or the US fired a "dud" missle that hit N Korea, would Kim not see that as an act of war and shoot Loaded missles in the south?
The man is paranoid, he thinks we are going to drop a bomb on him at any moment. Now he is going to fire another Long range missle? It's up to the World powers, not just the US to tighten and strangle his regime. This has gone on too long!

Forest Hills, NY

#25 Jun 18, 2009
DrLongBear wrote:
Jkjkhardcore wrote: "First off your off-topic, second off do you even know what's going on in the gaza strip? It's the worst humanitarian crisis since the holocaust! Also let me just say your safe up there in alaska. "
Not off topic or target (pardon the bad pun). I am not the one who brought Benny O's intestines into this...second, his ability or lack thereof to respond to a missile attack IS NOT off topic. He has made his agenda clear...it is not in dealing with N.K.- it is in coddling his terrorist friends. I gave you a link...it is a government link - use it or don't.
And, yes, I know what is happening in Gaza. I do not see it as "...the worst humanitarian crisis since the holocaust"!...but I am not surprised that you do. Israel has every right to defend themselves
And...as for concern about being safe...this was also not the my issue...I happen to know we have 30 missiles, 26 in response mode at all times. Not to fire at people, but to take any down that have been fired at us. With NKs 1, my concern is not for myself & mine but for what will happen world wide...
Finally, I noticed you had naught to say about the Palin blasting...hummm...
My off topic comment was directed at your attempt to bring it into discussions with Gaza not on what you thought about prez obama, if you did bash im i'd just ignore you, like I ignore the palin bashes. It's a waste of time to argue with trolls. Also in their defense they we are speaking of alaska and palin is senator of alaska, and has asked for aid for alaska's security. So it's not exactly off-topic. Also since we're going off-topic anyways, in germany ww2 days jews were gathered into concentration camps and killed. Though not all of them were killed they were starved and bombed. IN gaza the palestinians have all been gathered in the desert and are being starved. They are being bombed and killed. While they do have weapons it's no difference the end result is the same. Have you seen pictures of gaza? It's a desert with very limited resources. HAVE you seen the refugee camps? very similar to the way people lived in concentration camps.
DrLongBear

Wasilla, AK

#26 Jun 18, 2009
Jkjkhardcore wrote:
<quoted text>
My off topic comment was directed at your attempt to bring it into discussions with Gaza not on what you thought about prez obama, if you did bash im i'd just ignore you, like I ignore the palin bashes. It's a waste of time to argue with trolls. Also in their defense they we are speaking of alaska and palin is senator of alaska, and has asked for aid for alaska's security. So it's not exactly off-topic. Also since we're going off-topic anyways, in germany ww2 days jews were gathered into concentration camps and killed. Though not all of them were killed they were starved and bombed. IN gaza the palestinians have all been gathered in the desert and are being starved. They are being bombed and killed. While they do have weapons it's no difference the end result is the same. Have you seen pictures of gaza? It's a desert with very limited resources. HAVE you seen the refugee camps? very similar to the way people lived in concentration camps.
Your from where? It appears not Alaska. Palin is the Governor not a Senator.
My link was to what Obama is doing with regard to terrorists activities (which NK is certainly committing every time they threaten to launch or do launch any missile)...which includes $400,000,000.00 of our tax monies going to Gaza without any legislative directive, plus another $40,000,000.00 for members of Hamas currently residing in the Gaza strip, to relocate to the U.S.
Had you clicked on the Federal Republic link you would have been able to read actual headlines, which are now coming to the attention of the popular press and many who defended Benny O are now questioning their choice.
North Korea is a terrorist country. P.S.- I do not call names to anyone who has an opinion different to mine...let me make this plain...I did not fight for this country to have someone, anyone, hand it away one piece at a time, or one bailout package at a time...nor to leave it vulnerable to attack...which is where we, the U.S., have been quickly placed. If you see it differently, more power to you...when it hits the fan, and it will, who do you expect to help you?
We will soon have an overflow of Hamas members in our country by presidential decree...that is only marginally different to what North Korea is carrying out. I am sorry if your brain does not permit you to see the road ahead...if you'd read some history you will at least know your current position is one of harm. One can only pray that your eyes will be opened soon, before it is too late.
Jim

United States

#27 Jun 18, 2009
Well, Alaska, you can rest now, The rocket is supposed to take another route---Hawaii!!
It has a range of 4,000 miles and the government has flown over anti missle machinery if it should reach anywhere near the islands.
Man this N Korea thing is escalating fast, US intellegence has spotted a NK ship supposed to be loaded with arms and missles..... Now, will the world stick to it's sanctions on stopping them?

Forest Hills, NY

#28 Jun 18, 2009
Governor ok whatever, so your logic is that everytime N.K fires a missile their abiding by some terrorist code? That they are supporting terrorism? Lol your sick in the head, we don't even have any evidence to put them back on the countries that sponser terrorism yet your just so smart that you can do what EXPERTS in the field who devote their life to this kinda crap and just link them with one or two sentences. Do you have any idea how ignorant you sound? While yes I may not be FROM alaska I am actually talking to a friend right now who lives up there 12 pm the sun sets lol thats crazy. He's not one of those nuts who thinks N.K is going to shoot a missile at alaska.
As for Obama handing away our country piece by piece lol I don't even know what news papers you have been reading but I suggest you stop. No one is handing our country away piece by piece, and to who are they handing it to ? HAMAS N.K? your frekaing JOKING RIGhT?

While we may consider bringing palestinians to the usa, it's not HAMAS that we are bringing there WILL be background checks IF we even bring them. Do you think our government is that inept? maybe where you live... but not for the rest of the country.
The fact that you Call N.K a terrorist country is retarded. There is no such thing as terrorist countries, there may be countries who's regime is controlled by exteremist groups, but you have no idea what terrorism is or you would have never had said that. The fact that you consider N.K a terrorist country when in fact it is just another country who's views differ from ours is not only ignorant but borderline retarded as well.

I no long wish to chat with someone who uses fear and disinformation to promote their agenda.
DrLongBear wrote:
<quoted text>
Your from where? It appears not Alaska. Palin is the Governor not a Senator.
My link was to what Obama is doing with regard to terrorists activities (which NK is certainly committing every time they threaten to launch or do launch any missile)...which includes $400,000,000.00 of our tax monies going to Gaza without any legislative directive, plus another $40,000,000.00 for members of Hamas currently residing in the Gaza strip, to relocate to the U.S.
Had you clicked on the Federal Republic link you would have been able to read actual headlines, which are now coming to the attention of the popular press and many who defended Benny O are now questioning their choice.
North Korea is a terrorist country. P.S.- I do not call names to anyone who has an opinion different to mine...let me make this plain...I did not fight for this country to have someone, anyone, hand it away one piece at a time, or one bailout package at a time...nor to leave it vulnerable to attack...which is where we, the U.S., have been quickly placed. If you see it differently, more power to you...when it hits the fan, and it will, who do you expect to help you?
We will soon have an overflow of Hamas members in our country by presidential decree...that is only marginally different to what North Korea is carrying out. I am sorry if your brain does not permit you to see the road ahead...if you'd read some history you will at least know your current position is one of harm. One can only pray that your eyes will be opened soon, before it is too late.

Forest Hills, NY

#29 Jun 18, 2009
Jim wrote:
Well, Alaska, you can rest now, The rocket is supposed to take another route---Hawaii!!
It has a range of 4,000 miles and the government has flown over anti missle machinery if it should reach anywhere near the islands.
Man this N Korea thing is escalating fast, US intellegence has spotted a NK ship supposed to be loaded with arms and missles..... Now, will the world stick to it's sanctions on stopping them?
Jim lol these fear mongering articles are just that, because even if N.K did fire one at anywhere with USA jurisdiction we have a 90+% chance of blowing that missile out of the sky. Also it says it'll be 2-3 years at the bare minimum that N.K even is capable of hitting the west coast.
As for hawaii and alaska they are not only defended, but if N.K was going to go to war with the usa they would need anchor points to maitain supply lines, most likely they would need to capture alaska and Hawaii not bomb it to hell.

Forest Hills, NY

#30 Jun 19, 2009
Patriotcountryboy wrote:
Rumsfeld gave the Koreans the nuclear technology during the Clinton administration. If you do a little research you will find what I'm talking about.
During the clinton admin they were building their nuclear tech, and Carter went out there and negotiatied the agreed framework this was to stop producing NUCLEAR ARMS facilities and convert their nuclear facilities into electricity producing facilities. If you read what I posted you would know if you don't believe me Wiki search N.K nuclear arms. You do YOUR research lmao!
Let me also remind you that those facilities were never built, Rumsfiel planned on following through but never got the chance. If so we would not be where we are today with nk.
mmex111

Oxnard, CA

#31 Jun 19, 2009
im starting to miss bush he has BALLS!!!!!!!!!!
DrLongBear

Wasilla, AK

#32 Jun 19, 2009
Jkjkhardcore, you are typical east coast...if someone does not agree with your manner of thinking then they are called names and marked off as "idiots."

You are correct I was not the one to start this conversation...you did. I have no intention of having further conversations with you...I am sorry you are unwilling to look at ALL the evidence...

P.S.- Benny O has already signed the declaration setting the monies aside for Gaza families to setup life in the U.S.- which include Hamas. It is not a matter of IF, but WHEN...& one only needs to look at the Cuban Boot lift to find out whether background checks actually are effective...just ask Florida. No, bad suggestion...you refuse to consider historical evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delta Junction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
theft at joy elementary school Tue RavenzRedRozez 2
ANSEP tripling enrollment in middle school program Tue JuliathePoet 1
Big year for northern lights tourism in Alaska (Mar '13) Oct '14 maryjaneprincton 3
Delta Junction Music Thread (Oct '12) Aug '14 Musikologist 8
Alaska Gourmet Cookies (Nov '13) Nov '13 Wilbur 1
Interior-Based Militia Unit Regroups, Invites O... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Nick 1
publicatiom "Midnight Sun" (Feb '09) Apr '13 bobbyjo 2
Delta Junction Dating
Find my Match

Delta Junction People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Delta Junction News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Delta Junction

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]