Alaskans prepare for N. Korean missil...

Alaskans prepare for N. Korean missiles - KTVA

There are 32 comments on the KTVA Anchorage story from Jun 9, 2009, titled Alaskans prepare for N. Korean missiles - KTVA. In it, KTVA Anchorage reports that:

North Korea's missile testing continues to alarm U.S. officials as they prepare for the worst.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KTVA Anchorage.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
chris

Fairbanks, AK

#1 Jun 9, 2009
If Bush was still in office we won't be in the situation. Now the time is coming for the new guy to do something. Take the missiles out on the pads. Then back it up with one of our own ICBM's.
Glester - AK

Wasilla, AK

#2 Jun 9, 2009
All the Republican hysteria! Just post Palin out on her porch she can spot it coming in and wave to the Russians at the same time!
Jim

Pinola, MS

#3 Jun 10, 2009
I was surprised to read that President Obama said the N Korea's missle testing would not violate any Nato laws.
What happens IF a long range missle hits Alaska?
Would that not be an act of war?
alaskalive

Wasilla, AK

#4 Jun 10, 2009
This was a very informative article.
www.alaskalive.net
WTF

Eagle River, AK

#5 Jun 10, 2009
of course not - we're blessed with COLOR & CULTURE.
Jim wrote:
I was surprised to read that President Obama said the N Korea's missle testing would not violate any Nato laws.
Squanto

Wasilla, AK

#6 Jun 12, 2009
North Korea is an evil empire. If they were ever so stupid as to launch on the U.S. I hope we take the opportunity to obliterate the leaders and army of that country by a nuclear counterstrike. The world needs to end Kim Jong Mentally Ill's tyranny and cruelty once and for all.
Jim

Pinola, MS

#7 Jun 12, 2009
Squanto wrote:
North Korea is an evil empire. If they were ever so stupid as to launch on the U.S. I hope we take the opportunity to obliterate the leaders and army of that country by a nuclear counterstrike. The world needs to end Kim Jong Mentally Ill's tyranny and cruelty once and for all.
I agree with you 100%!
The world has let this sick regime go on since 1953 and it's time for world powers to end it and stop tiptoeing through the tulips!
AMO

United States

#8 Jun 13, 2009
Targeting Alaska? Get a grip people.

BTW Bush did not do anything about N Korea for eight years, neither did Bush Sr. or any other president in the past 50+ years...so why all the nostalgia about the "good old days". Bush was a donkey's ass, Sarah Palin can keep her jaw from slacking so looks better on TV...but of course she is at least white...
DrLongBear

Wasilla, AK

#9 Jun 14, 2009
I posted a well written piece with regard to this topic the first day this was written. I am wondering why the comment was never posted? If nothing else, it would have further dialoge. I will fiund something else to do when it comes to reading or replying to "news" from KTVA
RogCat aocfaith yahoo com

Tualatin, OR

#10 Jun 16, 2009
I would think that any further testing of nukes or long range missles SHOULD be considered as an act of war against the US. Then, let's back up what we promise.
Jim

United States

#11 Jun 16, 2009
Yep, that's the problem, No other country in the world that I know of, except S. Korea, would do anything. The rest of the world gives them a slap on the hand. How far will this go before The SICK and Evil (He tortures, starves and kills his own people) Regime is stopped?
Michael

Addison, IL

#12 Jun 16, 2009
This is absolutely insane, remember back in 1991 in the gulf war, it was a cat and most game, we would go after Iraqi scud misssles and Saddam would have his army hide them and many hit our troops and were shot at Israel.

If North Korea is stupid enough to fire a missle at Alaska or any other part or our beloved country. They should cease to exist as we would have thousands of our citizens, killed on Day One.

No political correctness, total obliteration, that is the only way to prevent the hide and seek game.

I pray to God, that they aren't that stupid and that Our President has the intestinal fortitude (guts) to take quick and decisive action.
White Trash Gov

Eagle River, AK

#13 Jun 16, 2009
who cares about missiles pointed at ak when we've got palins unjust vicitmization to deal with?! wonder how much she got for pimping her daughter & how much the others will go for??
Michael

Addison, IL

#14 Jun 16, 2009
Its a shame that people see nothing but a time to take cheap political shots with national security.

This should rise above politics. A single ICBM hitting Alaska is no joke.
Palidan

Westland, MI

#15 Jun 16, 2009
If the North Koreans are so bold as to launch a missile into Alaska then that is when Obama will have to become a man in a hurry. If they do launch a missile it will be aimed at Japan.
DrLongBear

Wasilla, AK

#16 Jun 16, 2009
Our "president," (your's, not mine!) does not have the intestinal fortitude...however, I know that many lovers of our country & constitution will cause any attacker of the U.S. to deeply and forever regret their action(s). Any retaliation will be done in the face of what this president has planned...his entire program appears to be the systimatic dismantling of the U.S.- go ahead, argue the point...history has already proven my statement to be correct - just do any type of search for "Obama"+"Gaza "...exactly as it is typed, including qotation marks...bet you never thought a president of the U.S. would be not only inviting terrorists into the U.S., but paying for their plane tickets and food & lodging as well. There it is...a simple search should change your politice completely & forever!
DrLongBear

Wasilla, AK

#17 Jun 16, 2009

Since: Mar 08

United States

#18 Jun 16, 2009
chris wrote:
If Bush was still in office we won't be in the situation. Now the time is coming for the new guy to do something. Take the missiles out on the pads. Then back it up with one of our own ICBM's.
LMAO your clueless bush didn't do squat for 8 years, you should say if BUSH WAS NEVER IN OFFICE we wouldn't be in this situation as he and his admin along with congress at that time advocated to ignore the agreed framework in the begining of 2002-2003. Instead they backed out let N.K develop nukes, ignored them when they did, ignored them when the shot a nuke on 2006, called them "Part of the axis of evil" and put a sanctions on them, ignored Kim when he appologized for completely abandoning the agreement, ignored them when they continued testing ect ect.
I'll stop here, as I could go on but i'm sure you get the point. Moral of the story Don't defend bush unless it has to do with regulation on fannie freddie.

United States

#19 Jun 16, 2009
Jim wrote:
It depends if it was a test dud that doesn't do anything it could be construed as one, but in all reality it wouldn't be. If it was a real deal missile that explodes then yes that can be a declaration of war.

United States

#20 Jun 16, 2009
AMO wrote:
Targeting Alaska? Get a grip people.
BTW Bush did not do anything about N Korea for eight years, neither did Bush Sr. or any other president in the past 50+ years...so why all the nostalgia about the "good old days". Bush was a donkey's ass, Sarah Palin can keep her jaw from slacking so looks better on TV...but of course she is at least white...
While your post is mostly correct no president has done anything for 50+ years is a little off. While not president at the time, Carter did address the situation and came up with the agreed framework which could have worked if both sides pressed the issue. Instead both the us and n.k just let it fall and did their own thing, the usa went off to iraq (which let me add was in the same boat as N.K) while the nk went off to make nuclear arms.
Carter did wonderfully in his attempt to solve a problem that has been going on since the korean war. Who knows maybe N&S Korea could have been united, or at least not be at odds with the usa as they are now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delta Junction Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A screenshot from Wes Ford's video of a person ... Nov 8 Fwafe 1
Dont let this monster on city council Nov 5 Whistle blower 1
back woods kentucky hillbilly (Oct '08) Oct '17 Hoss 19
News Alaska communities weigh pot bans 3 years after... Oct '17 Bengineer 1
Delta Junction Music Thread (Oct '12) Jun '17 Musikologist 13
News Delta Junction considers hosting borough blog (Feb '06) Jan '16 Gordon Goodermote 4
Alaska Gourmet Cookies (Nov '13) Nov '13 Wilbur 1

Delta Junction Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delta Junction Mortgages