Delray Beach: Man, 50, killed in hit-...

Delray Beach: Man, 50, killed in hit-and-run

There are 19 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jan 4, 2009, titled Delray Beach: Man, 50, killed in hit-and-run. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Police are investigating a hit-and-run that killed a 50-year-old man Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

ted

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Jan 5, 2009
it was a northerner. they are back with a vengence. why is it that you really notice how poorly these people are driving this year?
visitore. wake up. you need to know where you are going before you just go. there is something wrong with the way you drive. you can not turn left from the far right hand lane just because you want to. you must move over properly first. cutting off 3 or 4 lanes of traffic is not the way to drive. please learn how or do not drive. this year you all are out in full force yet not one of you knows the 1st thing about driving.
Bongo

Miami, FL

#4 Jan 5, 2009

Anywhere in particular on Linton?

Did it happen at any particular time?
Smacha

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Jan 5, 2009
karma baby, karma. Check out his name; they screwed an insurance company out of over 1 mill a few years ago. Damages were minor and they were sued for fraud.

“How sweet it is”

Since: Dec 08

Miami

#7 Jan 5, 2009
I think my karma just ran over your dogma
Hellvis

United States

#8 Jan 5, 2009
ted wrote:
it was a northerner. they are back with a vengence. why is it that you really notice how poorly these people are driving this year?
visitore. wake up. you need to know where you are going before you just go. there is something wrong with the way you drive. you can not turn left from the far right hand lane just because you want to. you must move over properly first. cutting off 3 or 4 lanes of traffic is not the way to drive. please learn how or do not drive. this year you all are out in full force yet not one of you knows the 1st thing about driving.
What are you talking about, thats year round up here in Delray. And its not just the old folks. Teenagers texting, mothers not paying attention. 40-50 year old white guys that think there poop dont stink and its all about them. Should I go on, wait I forgot, Black folks, I love you but,[well except for the thugs}you just cannot drive.
gsp

United States

#10 Jan 5, 2009
Hellvis wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about, thats year round up here in Delray. And its not just the old folks. Teenagers texting, mothers not paying attention. 40-50 year old white guys that think there poop dont stink and its all about them. Should I go on, wait I forgot, Black folks, I love you but,[well except for the thugs}you just cannot drive.
Amen! The drivers here are horrible, much, much worse than in NJ, NY, NYC or DC. When I moved here from DC my auto insurance doubled and I haven't had so much as a ticket since 1981 - now I know why, after seeing so many idiots on the road.

Regardless of where they're from, I hope they nail the perp!
LFO

Delray Beach, FL

#11 Jan 5, 2009
Do you think drinking was involved??

“Remember, pillage THEN burn”

Since: Nov 08

Chula Vista

#12 Jan 5, 2009
gsp wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! The drivers here are horrible, much, much worse than in NJ, NY, NYC or DC. When I moved here from DC my auto insurance doubled and I haven't had so much as a ticket since 1981 - now I know why, after seeing so many idiots on the road.
Regardless of where they're from, I hope they nail the perp!
How True
but "nail the perp" ? LOL go Kojac go
wth

West Palm Beach, FL

#13 Jan 5, 2009
i guess no one at the sun sentinel can afford a lexus or even do the slightest amount of background before writing an article.

its an RX 300/330 or 350 or even 400
Boca

Esom Hill, GA

#14 Jan 5, 2009
ted wrote:
But you're forgetting that it's all about them! Who cares if they dart across 3 lanes instead of driving a short distance and just making a safe and legal uturn.
STFU

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Jan 5, 2009
Sad story. If I am not mistaken, this guy's brother was killed in a horrific car accident awhile back. Poor family....
STFU

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Jan 5, 2009
Here is the story about the vctim's brother:

Boca man in who died in crash asked emergency workers to save his children
By Michael LaForgia

Palm Beach Post Staff Writer

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

UPDATED: 4:30 p.m. November 21, 2006

As Barry Mazer lay dying on Interstate 95 after a car crash Sunday, with Deerfield Beach paramedics treating his five young children around him, Mazer's last words were, "please, save the children," emergency workers told the family Sunday.

Mazer's wife, Dawn, had rushed to the scene of the deadly crash, which claimed her husband and 2-year-old daughter, Sydney, after a family friend spotted the wreck by the roadside, pulled over and called her, family spokeswoman April Lewis-Parks said.

Dawn Mazer was by her 2-year-old daughter's side before rescue workers put the girl on a helicopter and flew her to Broward General Medical Center. The mother also rode in the ambulance with her other four children, Lewis-Parks said.

Seven-month-old Ty Mazer, 3-year-old Alyssa Mazer and 5-year-old Madison Mazer were released from Broward General Monday. Zachary Mazer, 8, remained hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday.

The crash happened about 4:30 p.m. Sunday, after a man allegedly driving drunk rear ended a Dodge Durango containing Mazer, a 40-year-old businessman and trustee of Pine Crest school in Boca Raton, and his five children.

Mazer, his children, a nanny and a babysitter were returning from a trip to Butterfly World, the family said.

The man arrested in the crash, 57-year-old David Whiting, faces 11 charges, including two counts of DUI manslaughter. He is being held in the Broward County jail in lieu of $165,500 bail. A prosecutor has not yet been assigned to the case, the Broward state attorney's office said.

The family, which issued a statement Tuesday asking the media to respect it's privacy, has yet to make funeral arrangements
Not surprised

Hollywood, FL

#17 Jan 5, 2009
Lexus = Jewish Mercedes. Check Boca Lexus car registrations for RX Lexus vehicles. Very good odds you will find the one you are looking for.

“Remember, pillage THEN burn”

Since: Nov 08

Chula Vista

#18 Jan 5, 2009
STFU wrote:
Here is the story about the vctim's brother:
Boca man in who died in crash asked emergency workers to save his children
By Michael LaForgia
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
UPDATED: 4:30 p.m. November 21, 2006
As Barry Mazer lay dying on Interstate 95 after a car crash Sunday, with Deerfield Beach paramedics treating his five young children around him, Mazer's last words were, "please, save the children," emergency workers told the family Sunday.
Mazer's wife, Dawn, had rushed to the scene of the deadly crash, which claimed her husband and 2-year-old daughter, Sydney, after a family friend spotted the wreck by the roadside, pulled over and called her, family spokeswoman April Lewis-Parks said.
Dawn Mazer was by her 2-year-old daughter's side before rescue workers put the girl on a helicopter and flew her to Broward General Medical Center. The mother also rode in the ambulance with her other four children, Lewis-Parks said.
Seven-month-old Ty Mazer, 3-year-old Alyssa Mazer and 5-year-old Madison Mazer were released from Broward General Monday. Zachary Mazer, 8, remained hospitalized in critical condition Tuesday.
The crash happened about 4:30 p.m. Sunday, after a man allegedly driving drunk rear ended a Dodge Durango containing Mazer, a 40-year-old businessman and trustee of Pine Crest school in Boca Raton, and his five children.
Mazer, his children, a nanny and a babysitter were returning from a trip to Butterfly World, the family said.
The man arrested in the crash, 57-year-old David Whiting, faces 11 charges, including two counts of DUI manslaughter. He is being held in the Broward County jail in lieu of $165,500 bail. A prosecutor has not yet been assigned to the case, the Broward state attorney's office said.
The family, which issued a statement Tuesday asking the media to respect it's privacy, has yet to make funeral arrangements
LOL< thinking maybe a link to the story would been enough.
Republicans R Bogus

Boca Raton, FL

#19 Jan 5, 2009
its been found in west Palm Beach
Republicans R Bogus

Boca Raton, FL

#20 Jan 5, 2009
Not surprised wrote:
Lexus = Jewish Mercedes. Check Boca Lexus car registrations for RX Lexus vehicles. Very good odds you will find the one you are looking for.
Also known as the FORD of Boca, expensive Toyota
Buddy

Pompano Beach, FL

#21 Jan 5, 2009
Republicans R Bogus wrote:
<quoted text>
Also known as the FORD of Boca, expensive Toyota
I have also heard it called the Boca Chevy.
Normal citizen

United States

#23 Sep 28, 2013
Smacha wrote:
karma baby, karma. Check out his name; they screwed an insurance company out of over 1 mill a few years ago. Damages were minor and they were sued for fraud.
You're an idiot. Somebody's father was killed and that is your response.
Thank youu

Stafford, VA

#24 Nov 8, 2014
Normal citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot. Somebody's father was killed and that is your response.
Thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delray Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) 6 hr YO VINNIE 1,202
News Nice Job Boynton PD: Prostitutes, Pimps Arreste... 7 hr Jessie erb 12
The K3VR/KZ8O Problem (Jan '08) 15 hr CDN 4
Life at Kong's Point Sun staylori 1
dan l dailey sexts teen boys (Jan '14) Jul 31 leslie 6
News Man accused of offering to drive underage girls... Jul 29 Delray Diva 1
Review: Custom Play LLC Jul 28 Jane_M 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delray Beach Mortgages