Delray woman falls from truck, dies o...

Delray woman falls from truck, dies on I-95

There are 17 comments on the Palm Beach Post story from Aug 21, 2007, titled Delray woman falls from truck, dies on I-95. In it, Palm Beach Post reports that:

A 33-year-old Delray Beach woman was killed Tuesday when she fell off the bed of her boyfriend's pickup truck while he drove on Interstate-95. Caroline Sunshine Torrence was pronounced dead at Delray Medical ... via Palm Beach Post

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Post.

Sunshines Friend

Hollywood, FL

#1 Aug 22, 2007
I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH THIS BECAUSE I PERSONALLY THINK HE PUSHED HER OUT OF THE TRUCK. R.I.P. SUNSHINE
genie

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Aug 22, 2007
my heart goes out to all of her family and friends.
i hope that this really was an accident and not malice because sunshine deserved much more.
Friend

United States

#3 Aug 22, 2007
Facts are facts.Everyone close to this situation is aware and grieving for the the family and soul of Caroline.However,the defamation of someones character with malicious intent is a selfish and childish way to approach this horrific event in everyones lives.
Sunshines Friend wrote:
I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WITH THIS BECAUSE I PERSONALLY THINK HE PUSHED HER OUT OF THE TRUCK. R.I.P. SUNSHINE
Anonymous

Delray Beach, FL

#4 Aug 22, 2007
I agree. I knew both of them, not as a couple, but at different times of their lives. Fights happen, accidents happen.
Being that I have known Danny since he was young I personally do not think he would ever malicoulsy hurt anyone! He does not have it in him, that is not how he was raised and that is not the type of person he is!
Sandy

West Palm Beach, FL

#5 Aug 22, 2007
If he knew she was in the bed of the truck, he should not have driven away. It was 3 am and that is very dangerous in and of itself, not to mention the results are not yet in as to his blood alcohol level. He may not be malicious, but he was careless, and now a girl is dead.
Regardless

Jupiter, FL

#6 Aug 23, 2007
Only 2 ppl and god really know what happened that night! Many who knew Sunshine, be it good or bad, knew she had serious issues and was known for her irrational behaviour and poor judgement! It's unfortunate this time, her actions may have not only cost her her own life, but also may have devastating effects the lives of others. Regardless of who is to blame, may she rset in peace.
Sunshines Friend wrote:
RIP

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Aug 23, 2007
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH REGARDLESS! I KNEW SUNSHINE AND KNEW HER WELL! YES SHE HAD ISSUES & YES HER ACTIONS FINALLY HAD A DRASTIC CICUMSTANCE! HOPE ALL LEARN FROM THIS AWFULL ACCIDENT! I HOPE HER MAN & FAMILY & FRIENDS ARE REMEMBERING THE GOOD TIMES YOU SHARED WITH HER!! IT'S A TERRIBLE LOSS & HORRIFIC TRAGEDY!
GOD BLESS & REST IN PEACE SUNSHINE!
RIP

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Aug 23, 2007
SUNSHINES FRIEND I HIGHLY DOUBT HE PUSHED HER OUT! THOSE WHO KNEW HER, KNEW HER BEHAVIOR!
MELISSA

AOL

#9 Aug 23, 2007
REGARDLESS OF WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THAT NIGHT WHICH ONLY 2 PEOPLE KNOW! WE NOW HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE DEATH OF A BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN THAT HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM US BEFORE HER TIME. I NEW SUNSHINE AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO HER FAMILY AS WELL AS ALL THE REST OF HER FRIENDS! WE ALL SHOULD BE MORE CONCERNED ABOUT REMEMBERING THE GOOD TIMES WHEN SHE WAS HERE RATHER THAN TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW THIS TRAGIC INCIDENT HAPPENED, NO MATTER WHAT IT WILL NOT BRING HER BACK TO US. BEFORE I CLOSE THIS I WILL LIKE TO SAY, CAROLINE "SUNSHINE" TORRENCE YOU WILL BE MISSED DEARLY BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN OUR HEARTS AND UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN JUST KNOW YOU WERE LOVED WHEN YOU WERE HERE IN OUR PRESENCE AND YOU WILL CONTINUED TO BE LOVED EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE GONE! R.I.P SUNSHINE WE LOVE YOU BABY GIRL!
Sunshines Friend wrote:
Old Friend

Bulverde, TX

#10 Aug 24, 2007
She was a sweet girl who yes, always had issues & always seemed to get into some pretty sticky situations. However, I agree with Melissa we should not be bringing up some of the unfortunate things in her life but remembering the good. She was one of the most amazing people I have known. People were always drawn to her in any setting. She could have fun in an empty room. Her smile & her laugh were infectious. My heart & prayers go out to her family & the young man involved. Sunshine I hope you find peace in death that you so desperately tried to find in life.
BRONX

Miami, FL

#11 Aug 24, 2007
MAY SHE REST IN PEACE I KNWEW HER FOR ABOUT 17 YEARS AND SHE WAS ALWAYS NICE TO ME AND SHE IS JUST A WOMAN LIKA MY FREIND SAYS A WOMAN WHO DOSEN'T BITCH OR FIGHT ISN'T A WOMAN SO IT DOESEN'T MATTER. SHE DIDN'T HAVE ISSUES SHE WAS JUST DIFFERNT BUT IT'S FUNNY HOW PEOPLE WHO KNOW THE GUY SHE WAS WITH SAY HE DIDN'T HAVE IT IN HIM TO DO SOMETHING BAD. NOBODY CAN EVER KNOW WHAT THE NEXT PERSON IS CAPABLE OF SO YOU CAN'T SAY THAT AND REGARDLESS OR NOT IF SHE DID HAVE A LOT OF ISSUES THAT DON'T GIVE NOBODY THE RIGHT TO HURT HER ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE. BY THE WAY SHE WAS MY CUZIN MAY SHE REST IN PEACE
Jody

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#12 Aug 24, 2007
Lynn,Lisa and family I am so sorry this happened. May Sunshine RIP. Who cares about her past no one deserves to die that way. My love and prayers are with you. Jody and the whole LVI family.
WMH

United States

#13 Aug 24, 2007
A stunningly beautiful, vibrant, fun loving "girl", who loved to live on the edge is gone. My kids and I will miss her. We all lose!
PEACE

Germantown, TN

#14 Aug 24, 2007
MAY YOU REST IN PEACE SUNSHINE AND SHINE OVER THE FAMILY YOU LEFT BEHIND AND PRAY THAT THEY'LL LEARN HOW TO COPE WITH THIS TRAGIC AND HORRIFIC LOST. YOU WILL BE MISS
Lisa

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#15 Aug 28, 2007
Well I don't care what problems she had everyone in this world has problems and there is not one excuse to even think about putting someone out of a vehicle in the middle of the night on I-95 NO ONE>>>>>> >>>>>
I don't think anyone wants to be left on I-95 and I would also try to get back in the truck. People just don't leave someone in a unsafe location. Would you leave someone like that in the middle of the night on I-95 where there are hardly any lightings and alone? I don't think so. Atleast leave them in a safe place.
It's not the first time he has left my sister stranded in the middle ofg the night.
It really seems like if you could leave a female stranded in the middle of the night how cold hearted can you be.
Regardless wrote:
Only 2 ppl and god really know what happened that night! Many who knew Sunshine, be it good or bad, knew she had serious issues and was known for her irrational behaviour and poor judgement! It's unfortunate this time, her actions may have not only cost her her own life, but also may have devastating effects the lives of others. Regardless of who is to blame, may she rset in peace.
<quoted text>
FLNativeGrl

Beverly, MA

#16 Sep 6, 2007
Lisa,
This has been on my mind since I first saw this article...I can't help but think, because of the unique name, that this is perhaps the same Sunshine Torrence that I know that went to PBG High School? My High School sweetheart was in her class I believe..(or very close.) I attended a different high school, but I had a group of friends I hung out with from Gardens. These were the days when everyone used to hang out and watch Volleyball on Singer Island and go to Bonfire parties out at Caloosa at night. Is this the same Sunshine? If so my heart goes out to you...It had been some time since I've seen her, but I do remember her always being sweet and asking me to join them in what they were doing and whenever I ran into her she was always smiling and having fun. Please let me know....
I also agree with your comment. There is no "man" who would leave a female on the side of the Interstate in the wee hours of the morning. I don't care how bad the fight was. If she was upset, he should have just waited for her to cool down and driven her to a safe place or a friend's house. Or he could have called one of her friends to get her and waited until the friend arrived!! A pointless tragedy!!!!:(
Lisa wrote:
Well I don't care what problems she had everyone in this world has problems and there is not one excuse to even think about putting someone out of a vehicle in the middle of the night on I-95 NO ONE>>>>>> >>>>>
I don't think anyone wants to be left on I-95 and I would also try to get back in the truck. People just don't leave someone in a unsafe location. Would you leave someone like that in the middle of the night on I-95 where there are hardly any lightings and alone? I don't think so. Atleast leave them in a safe place.
It's not the first time he has left my sister stranded in the middle ofg the night.
It really seems like if you could leave a female stranded in the middle of the night how cold hearted can you be.
<quoted text>
Lisa

Lake Worth, FL

#17 Dec 8, 2007
Yes this was my sister Sunshine that went to PBG High. Thank you for your thoughts
FLNativeGrl wrote:
Lisa,
This has been on my mind since I first saw this article...I can't help but think, because of the unique name, that this is perhaps the same Sunshine Torrence that I know that went to PBG High School? My High School sweetheart was in her class I believe..(or very close.) I attended a different high school, but I had a group of friends I hung out with from Gardens. These were the days when everyone used to hang out and watch Volleyball on Singer Island and go to Bonfire parties out at Caloosa at night. Is this the same Sunshine? If so my heart goes out to you...It had been some time since I've seen her, but I do remember her always being sweet and asking me to join them in what they were doing and whenever I ran into her she was always smiling and having fun. Please let me know....
I also agree with your comment. There is no "man" who would leave a female on the side of the Interstate in the wee hours of the morning. I don't care how bad the fight was. If she was upset, he should have just waited for her to cool down and driven her to a safe place or a friend's house. Or he could have called one of her friends to get her and waited until the friend arrived!! A pointless tragedy!!!!:(
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delray Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Delray to overhaul beach with new amenities; gr... 19 hr Wolfgang 1
cyberspace jukebox (Sep '12) Sat Trivia2 1,409
News Lantana: Motel owner sued by guest who was robb... (Jul '07) Mar 23 Cleveland Ohio 37
News Rising seas threaten a jewel of Trump's real es... Mar 22 WPB Guy 14
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jun '16) Mar 19 lexi 64
I would love to move there! Mar 18 Jane 1
News Parking ticket spoils day at Lauderdale-By-The-... (Mar '08) Mar 17 Brett 36

Delray Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delray Beach Mortgages