Who do you support for Governor in Oh...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#6811 Jul 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh geeeze. Like I've always said, the best thing about being a liberal is never having to say you were wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fVzJJ2hnGxIXX
Now, in his very own words, he is pressuring the landlord of the building to not rent to Chick-Fil-A. He is using his position as an elected official to do whatever he can to stop this franchise from opening up. Why? Building code violations? Licensing fees?f No, it's because the owner of the establishment expressed his religious views about marriage.
Im not wrong.

You simply despise the democratic process when you disagree with the results.

Mayor Menino explicitly stated that he has no legal authority to block the chicken man through the legislative process, but that doesn't mean that he is forbidden from using his free speech rights within the bounds of his authority as Mayor to guide the local discourse.

You dislike the first amendment.

That is simply..un-American.

woof
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6812 Jul 28, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Im not wrong.
You simply despise the democratic process when you disagree with the results.
Mayor Menino explicitly stated that he has no legal authority to block the chicken man through the legislative process, but that doesn't mean that he is forbidden from using his free speech rights within the bounds of his authority as Mayor to guide the local discourse.
You dislike the first amendment.
That is simply..un-American.
woof
I'm un-American but Mayor Menino is not?

Duke, if you seen the owner of a construction company handing cash to a building inspector, only you would conclude that he is probably lending the inspector some money.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#6813 Jul 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm un-American but Mayor Menino is not?
Duke, if you seen the owner of a construction company handing cash to a building inspector, only you would conclude that he is probably lending the inspector some money.
That is truly funny.

You have no idea.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#6814 Jul 28, 2012
Let me explain: In one of my former lives, I was that inspector who received that attempted bribe in an envelope, not knowing that there were five crisp bennies within.

They went back to the local contractor in a Christmas card by mail that same day.

And yes...the views you display here, regularly suggesting that others have no right to express their opinions or assert their rights to vote, regardless of their societal status, are simply un-American.

"[Freedom of speech] isn't something somebody else gives you. That's something you give to yourself"

K. Vonnegut, Hocus Pocus,(1990)

woof
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6815 Jul 28, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Let me explain: In one of my former lives, I was that inspector who received that attempted bribe in an envelope, not knowing that there were five crisp bennies within.
They went back to the local contractor in a Christmas card by mail that same day.
And yes...the views you display here, regularly suggesting that others have no right to express their opinions or assert their rights to vote, regardless of their societal status, are simply un-American.
"[Freedom of speech] isn't something somebody else gives you. That's something you give to yourself"
woof
Perhaps pass that message on to corporate of Chick-Fil-A.
Che Reagan Christ

Seville, OH

#6816 Jul 28, 2012
free wrote:
xxx lives and works in the real world. Reality is an every day issue and he deals with legislative policies, not Liberal DD theories. xxx is a productive member of the workforce. We have no idea what you do to actively contribute to our economy and society in a positive mode ?
<quoted text>
Just being in the "real" world doesn't make one qualified to diagnose or cure problems in the real world.

The sheep in a flock are in the real world. Sheepdog is in a much better position to govern things than one of the sheep.
jack

Sunbury, OH

#6817 Jul 28, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
woof
bark bark exposed himself a union gubberment libtird
Che Reagan Christ

Seville, OH

#6818 Jul 28, 2012
free wrote:
So why are professionals leaving their practices to drive trucks ? Because there is less liability or the jobs go begging or there's a steady paycheck or they need a change from the whacky rules and regulations imposed on professionals that they aren't compensated for or is it the OTR experience of getting out of the rat race and traveling ?
<quoted text>
You assume a fact not in evidence. I know of no professionals who have decided to abandon their careers in order to be truck drivers. If these folks actually exist, you left off the two most likely causes: Brain trauma or tumors. Or perhaps they wanted a job without the responsibility of doing all of the thinking for you saps.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6819 Jul 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Just being in the "real" world doesn't make one qualified to diagnose or cure problems in the real world.
The sheep in a flock are in the real world. Sheepdog is in a much better position to govern things than one of the sheep.
Welcome to the real world:

Cook Medical shelves Midwest expansion plans
J.K. WallJuly 27, 2012

Cook Medical Inc. had been planning to open five new manufacturing plants over the next five years in small communities around the Midwest, including Indiana, but has shelved those plans because of the hit it will take from a new U.S. tax on medical devices.

The Bloomington-based medical device maker estimates it will pay between $20 million and $30 million once the tax takes effect in January, Pete Yonkman, executive vice president of strategic business units at Cook Medical, said this week.

The 2.3-percent tax on sales of all medical devices was created as part of President Obama’s 2010 health reform law to help pay for its expansion of health insurance coverage to as many as 30 million more Americans. The tax is projected to raised about $2.9 billion per year.

“It is a challenge for us, no doubt,” Yonkman said in an interview after the IBJ Life Sciences Power Breakfast on Wednesday (see video below).“We have fewer resources to be able to spend on those kinds of projects.”

He referred to a new plant Cook opened recently in Canton, Ill., renovating a plant abandoned by the International Harvester Corp. Cook has invested $30 million in the plant, which will eventually employ 300 or more people, Yonkman said.

Canton is the hometown of the late Bill Cook, who founded Cook Medical.

“We had hoped, as we get bigger, that that would be our model for expansion,” Yonkman said.“To take these small manufacturing facilities and bring them to these communities, that had been hard hit by jobs leaving, because the work ethic is amazing and the people are really supportive and excited.”

Yonkman said Cook had planned to open a similar facility each year for the next five years.

“So, for us,” he added,“that’s one less facility per year that we’re going to be able to use because of the tax.”

Read the rest at: http://www.ibj.com/cook-medical-shelves-midwe...

Gee, and I can even understand this without my PHD. It's too bad all those educated liberals can't figure out that Commie Care is a jobs killer.
Che Reagan Christ

Seville, OH

#6820 Jul 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you John F Kerry.
I guess this is that typical condescending attitude of the left who in reality, looks down on blue collar workers. You think somebody needs to be a doctor or lawyer to discuss political issues; to make "cogent analysis" of stories or reports? It may surprise you, but one does not need to be a rocket scientist in order to understand the English language. Furthermore, it's conservatives who have a far better understanding of the English language than the left who frequently Clintonizes words and sentences. People on the left don't think for themselves. They rely on their politicians to think for them.
You sit there behind your internet throne acting as if you are something that you're not; criticizing everybody else while embarrassed to say who you are or what you do that makes you so superior.
Here's what makes me superior to everyone other than Duke in these discussions.
1) My IQ
2) I can read above my grade level.
3) I have a Juris Doctorate that was the result of years of study to understand how to read and understand the technical language that makes up the law.
4) I have studied the history of the development of judicial analysis so that I know how judges and justices are supposed to interpret legislation and stare decisis.
5) I am able to think in the abstract.
5) I use all of that ability and training by reading various sources of information, analyzing it, and forming conclusions of my own.

I exist in the "real world" too, chief. I'm just much better equipped, educated and trained than you to do so.

The other difference between you and I, is that I understand that I am not qualified to drive your truck nor to do brain surgery and I have the sense not to try.
Che Reagan Christ

Seville, OH

#6821 Jul 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
There will always be work in my field. Even with the lousy economy today, companies are still short handed. That's why I chose this career in the first place. I didn't want to end up like some whiny liberal complaining that politicians owe me money because I got into a field where there is no work, or decided not pursue a career or trade. Just do mindless work like screwing nuts onto bolts that a company can pay a primate to do.
The major problem in transportation IS the federal government. Every year they make it harder and harder for us to make a living. It's even worse for the company owners who struggle to survive these ridiculous federal regulations. I can't tell you how many professional drivers are looking to get out of it for that reason alone. They love driving, but are sick of the federal government BS. To be honest, if I would have known it would get this bad when I first started, I probably would have chose another profession myself. I'm sick of the federal government. And this is why there will always be a need for good professional drivers. Government ruins everything for everybody.
I liked when the federal government decided you guys weren't allowed to drive your trucks all hopped up on speed so that you would stop killing so many of the rest of us.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6822 Jul 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what makes me superior to everyone other than Duke in these discussions.
1) My IQ
2) I can read above my grade level.
3) I have a Juris Doctorate that was the result of years of study to understand how to read and understand the technical language that makes up the law.
4) I have studied the history of the development of judicial analysis so that I know how judges and justices are supposed to interpret legislation and stare decisis.
5) I am able to think in the abstract.
5) I use all of that ability and training by reading various sources of information, analyzing it, and forming conclusions of my own.
I exist in the "real world" too, chief. I'm just much better equipped, educated and trained than you to do so.
The other difference between you and I, is that I understand that I am not qualified to drive your truck nor to do brain surgery and I have the sense not to try.
Oh please. You can't BS a BS'r. I see the way you write and when you write it.
Che Reagan Christ

Seville, OH

#6823 Jul 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome to the real world:
Cook Medical shelves Midwest expansion plans
J.K. WallJuly 27, 2012
Cook Medical Inc. had been planning to open five new manufacturing plants over the next five years in small communities around the Midwest, including Indiana, but has shelved those plans because of the hit it will take from a new U.S. tax on medical devices.
The Bloomington-based medical device maker estimates it will pay between $20 million and $30 million once the tax takes effect in January, Pete Yonkman, executive vice president of strategic business units at Cook Medical, said this week.
The 2.3-percent tax on sales of all medical devices was created as part of President Obama’s 2010 health reform law to help pay for its expansion of health insurance coverage to as many as 30 million more Americans. The tax is projected to raised about $2.9 billion per year.
“It is a challenge for us, no doubt,” Yonkman said in an interview after the IBJ Life Sciences Power Breakfast on Wednesday (see video below).“We have fewer resources to be able to spend on those kinds of projects.”
He referred to a new plant Cook opened recently in Canton, Ill., renovating a plant abandoned by the International Harvester Corp. Cook has invested $30 million in the plant, which will eventually employ 300 or more people, Yonkman said.
Canton is the hometown of the late Bill Cook, who founded Cook Medical.
“We had hoped, as we get bigger, that that would be our model for expansion,” Yonkman said.“To take these small manufacturing facilities and bring them to these communities, that had been hard hit by jobs leaving, because the work ethic is amazing and the people are really supportive and excited.”
Yonkman said Cook had planned to open a similar facility each year for the next five years.
“So, for us,” he added,“that’s one less facility per year that we’re going to be able to use because of the tax.”
Read the rest at: http://www.ibj.com/cook-medical-shelves-midwe...
Gee, and I can even understand this without my PHD. It's too bad all those educated liberals can't figure out that Commie Care is a jobs killer.
Gee. I thought these corporations just were going to pass these taxes on to consumers.

Corporate profits and, more importantly, cash on hand is as high as it has ever been. The 1% is hording its cash, with or without the ACA. Why not make the country a better and more humane place?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#6824 Jul 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps pass that message on to corporate of Chick-Fil-A.
I believe its fairly self evident that the chicken man, and the Mayor of Boston as well, both already know how to speak for themselves.

You can't seem to appreciate it when someone with a viewpoint different than yours actually does it.

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Seville, OH

#6825 Jul 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. You can't BS a BS'r. I see the way you write and when you write it.
Who hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest?

You asked for the truth and now you can't handle it.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#6826 Jul 28, 2012
jack wrote:
<quoted text>bark bark exposed himself a union gubberment libtird
Actually Jack, when that circumstance occurred, I had just recently terminated my membership in a government union about six months prior, and have never been a member of a union since. That was roughly 18 years ago.

Either way, what would be your point?

woof
Che Reagan Christ

Seville, OH

#6827 Jul 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you John F Kerry.
I guess this is that typical condescending attitude of the left who in reality, looks down on blue collar workers. You think somebody needs to be a doctor or lawyer to discuss political issues; to make "cogent analysis" of stories or reports? It may surprise you, but one does not need to be a rocket scientist in order to understand the English language. Furthermore, it's conservatives who have a far better understanding of the English language than the left who frequently Clintonizes words and sentences. People on the left don't think for themselves. They rely on their politicians to think for them.
You sit there behind your internet throne acting as if you are something that you're not; criticizing everybody else while embarrassed to say who you are or what you do that makes you so superior.
You should read about the Dunning-Kruger effect and then engage in some self analysis. It would do you well.
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#6828 Jul 28, 2012
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee. I thought these corporations just were going to pass these taxes on to consumers.
Corporate profits and, more importantly, cash on hand is as high as it has ever been. The 1% is hording its cash, with or without the ACA. Why not make the country a better and more humane place?
No, corporations do not sit on cash like your government. Corporations invest profit. This is just one story out of the many to come; job creators not creating jobs because of Commie Care. In fact, when it was first passed, the medical device giant Invicare's CEO stated if this is not stopped, he may be forced to close down and move out of the country. Hundreds more jobs lost right there.

Yes, under normal circumstance, corporations pass their expenses to customers. In this case, the customers are hospitals who will also be burdened with Commie Care. There is only so much you can charge for services. It's one of the reasons doctors will be leaving their practice starting next year unless Romney is voted in and ends this nonsense once and for all.
Che Reagan Christ

Seville, OH

#6829 Jul 28, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
No, corporations do not sit on cash like your government. Corporations invest profit. This is just one story out of the many to come; job creators not creating jobs because of Commie Care. In fact, when it was first passed, the medical device giant Invicare's CEO stated if this is not stopped, he may be forced to close down and move out of the country. Hundreds more jobs lost right there.
Yes, under normal circumstance, corporations pass their expenses to customers. In this case, the customers are hospitals who will also be burdened with Commie Care. There is only so much you can charge for services. It's one of the reasons doctors will be leaving their practice starting next year unless Romney is voted in and ends this nonsense once and for all.
You need to do some research on the 1% sitting on cash.

They invest profit? I thought they trickled it down on the little guy? Which is it?

BTW, if we had a single payer system, it would alleviate the burden on the corporations you are so worried about.
free

Loveland, OH

#6831 Jul 28, 2012
Good for you. Had Bud from West Mansfield do that. Started with one and built from there. There's peace in what you do. Where are drivers getting training ? At Reasonable costs ? I heard $ 5,000 to $8,000. Is that right ?
iriquOOi wrote:
<quoted text>money man money, i started with 1 now have 12, i drive when i want to. when i dont i park it, let the other 1 1 make money for me, peace and contment, i march to only 1 drummer, our lord and savior. AMEN

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delphos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Wittler Thu Ryan W 2
Bi Guys (Jul '15) Aug 23 ryry 5
Snitches Aug 22 Matt Pinfield 2
K&M Tire...... Any thoughts????? Aug 22 Optimistic 12
anyone know anthony arriaga? Aug 21 BUTCH 8
Anyone ever catch or been caught masturbating? (Jan '13) Aug 19 qbjc2016 51
Jason Osting arrested again ........ (Oct '13) Aug 18 Horsepistel 6

Delphos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance