Carroll County drug bust leads to three arrests

Full story: WLFI Lafayette

A drug bust in Carroll County led to the arrest of three people in Delphi Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Carolyn

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

I don't think that they get charged enough fo rthese drug charges. They should get prision time. I never see very often when they do. What are you guys opion?
Steve

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2008

Do you want to spend taxpayers' money to maintain the revolving door of incarcaration for drug offenders or implement mandatory rehabilitation programs to help stop the cycle? In my opinion it is better to help people become productive members of society rather than pay to have them behind bars and then leave them powerless to fight their addiction after release. I am a firm believer in justice, but draining ourselves economically amid overcrowded jails and underfunded police forces leaves us with no other option but to curtail the cycle by focusing our money on prevention and rehabilitation.
dave

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2008

Better to smoke than to do coke.(or Meth)
Guy Fawkes

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2008

Every year since 2000 (as far back as the statistics went) there were more arrests for marijuana than for murder, rape, robbery and aggravated assault­­combined! I feel safer already =)

Law enforcement will continue to focus their efforts almost exclusively on drug possesion because it is most profitable to prosecute. As long as police are allowed to fill their coffers with the proceeds from the sale of private property seized from suspected (no conviction required) drug offenders, the assault on civil rights will continue unchecked.

P.S. We are under a defacto curfew Saturday night. You can drive on public highways as long as you are cool with having your civil rights suspended at the DUI checkpoints the police are setting up across central Indiana. Enjoy the mandatory search of your automobile. Hope you don't have anything "suspicious looking" in your car =) Relax, its only a curfew if you don't mind the search. If you demand that your civil rights be upheld, you can just stay in your homes.
jay

Frederick, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

they shouldent do time for smokin weed
EricS

Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2008

I only partially agree that the DUI checkpoints are wrong. I think they should be set up on the road, just outside the entrance to bar's parking lots. Leave the bar, go through a checkpoint. People who are drunk have no more business driving than a toddler.

As for the meth and coke makers, dealers and users, I say no more locking them up. And no more rehab BS.$0.32 will buy a bullet for use upon their conviction. Take the hundreds of thousands of dollars of the taxpayers money that saves each year and apply it to our schools and teachers salaries, where it might actually do some good.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Delphi Discussions

Search the Delphi Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Indiana cougar sightings to become common (May '08) 6 hr Ann 127
Review: Creative Solutions 11 hr DC Creative Solutions 1
Is Lafayette Police Lt. Tom Davidson An Idiot? Thu WheelChair 1
New McCuteheon baseball coach badnwes Jun 30 Info 1
Robotic surgery improves hysterectomy (Jan '09) Jun 30 linda ramirez 16
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Lord Hater 92
dragonbane tattoo (May '12) Jun 27 Sirrygoose 4
•••
•••
•••
Delphi Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Delphi Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••