Murrysville Woman Overcharged 68 Cents, Wins Hundreds From Wal-Mart

May 28, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ThePittsburghChannel

Consumer advocate Mary Bach, who gained national recognition without an attorney or law degree, is once again reaching out to consumers hoping they can avoid similar problems she faced over the Easter holiday.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jun 22, 2009
TomF

Export, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2009

She must not have a hugh amount of other things to occupy herself if she worries about 68 cents. This can happen anywhere and any time. doubt if it was a deliberate act on WalMarts part---in spit of the fact that I'm not a WM fan.
Don S

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

Thanks, Mary. Always good to hear about a crusader who finds ways to get single mothers fired. You know, that's what happens to cashiers who make this kind of error, or to floor people who happen to make a mistake in priceing when a real consumer princess such as you swans in and catches the horrible old Wal-Mart in a mistake. Wal-Mart saves the poor consumers of this nation billions of dollars a year on essential merchandise. What do you save them?
nel

Export, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2009

SO SAD THAT YOU ACTUALLY TAKE THE TIME TO WRITE ABOUT THIS SHE SEEMS A LITTLE SILLY TO ME TO THINK SHE SPENDS HER TIME TO BE A PAIN IN THESE PEOPLES BUTTS SOOOOOOOO SAD
Patti-Salem Township

Irwin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

I just wish she would get a job or something else to occupy her time........does getting people fired for making an honest mistake make her happy?
I was overcharged for something at a supermarket by 76 dollars and told the clerk about it and she fixed it without losing her job or embarassment, and I would hope that when people make honest mistakes or the register makes an error, suing is not the only answer. Too many people sue too often and that is what makes things go sky high........maybe when prices go up at Walmart we can get Mary Bach to pay the extra for us out of her winnings......

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Delmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 4 hr Jelly 51,280
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 8 hr A Muslims Useful... 3,899
Greensburg mom pleads guilty to enslaving girl (Mar '10) Aug 3 orange faygo kid 5
Leadership changes planned for some Erie schools Jul '14 Bad leadership at... 2
Old Jeannette (Aug '06) Jun '14 Jeannette Townhall 39
To the thief who stole our copper. . . (Feb '14) May '14 Rich 2
Sexy Clubwear (Feb '08) Apr '14 chencuiyun 4

Search the Delmont Forum:
•••
•••
Delmont Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Delmont Jobs