Phillip McKenzie was assaulted

Phillip McKenzie was assaulted

Posted in the Delmont Forum

Jerry Holtman

Gallatin, TN

#1 Jul 22, 2012
July 23, 2012
To whom it may concern,
On June 17, 2012, Phillip McKenzie was assaulted outside of a residence on Patton St. in Jeanette PA by 3 males while attempting to pick up his child for Father’s Day. Phillip sustained catastrophic injuries during the assault and was life flighted to Pittsburgh for treatment. Eye witnesses state, Jeannette police responded to the scene and did not attempt to render assistance immediately to Phillip while he was lying on the ground unable to move or breathe properly. We do not believe a thorough investigation has been completed by the police department, as no arrests have been made and no statements taken from anyone other than those involved in the assault. This incident is multi-faceted and many unanswered questions arise surrounding the incident regarding the reason for no arrests or action taken against the individuals that caused a man to become quadriplegic and fight for his life.
Here are some questions I would like answers to:
1.Why have no arrests been made?
2.Are you saying the city of Jeannette condones 3 white males assaulting 1 black male?
3.Are the police on duty not required by law to render aid to a person obviously injured on scene?
4.The scene was secure on their arrival…no other incidents or assaults were taking place. Why weren’t other eye witnesses in the area questioned as part of the investigation?
5.Why was Phillip life flighted to a hospital in Pittsburgh as an “unknown male”? The police were aware of his identity and that his condition was life threatening.
6 Why did the police inform my niece on Wednesday, June 20th that they were ruling this an accident and the assailants were acting in self-defense?
7.How could they make that determination 2 days later without all evidence and testimony?
8.Why isn’t the “interference of custody of a child” being brought up in this situation against the maternal family members/friends involved?
9.Was there a conspiracy between the mother and her family members/friends to hurt Phillip this day?
Phillip had every right to take his child. The child’s mother hadn’t been home and left her with family members for days prior to the assault. There is no custody order; therefore Phillip has the right to take the child when she is not with her mother. There is evidence and eye witness accounts of all the aforementioned events in question. This incident and lack of investigation is unacceptable in any neighborhood. And the answers to above stated questions need to be given to the family members/friends of Phillip, the people of Jeannette, and the general public everywhere. The people responsible for his injuries, in any way, need to be charged criminally and have their day in court! For over a month we have quietly waited for some response to the assault.

Gerard C Holtman
US Army Retired
Wow

Vandergrift, PA

#2 Jul 23, 2012
Have you contacted the westmoreland county DA Peck
shanael

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Sep 6, 2012
i was a witness to this very sad story and thing to see
shanael

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Sep 6, 2012
i have to live near these people if thats even what you call them
Randa

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Nov 1, 2012
he is my bestfriend and it hurts to see him this way ! we need justice for him!
Thugn Mclovin

Bronx, NY

#8 Nov 24, 2012
Straight up or da delivery man ll be showing up places
Kelly

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Jul 14, 2013
Wow wrote:
Have you contacted the westmoreland county DA Peck
DA Peck is as useless as the Jeannette PD in his good old boys club! Peck has had this case for almost a year and has done nothing but make excuses and play silly games with me in an attempt to run out the statute of limitations! Peck needs to be voted out by Westmoreland county constituents! He has made a career out of a so-called public service position while making poor decisions that harm the entire county based on his personal acquaintances with police officers and others with nice bank accounts! My son suffers every day because of the poor judgement of Jeannette PD, DA Peck, and others in the political arena! Phillip feels like nobody cares about what happened to him and cannot mentally get over the fact that the three men weren't even charged and given a day in court! He can't even get assistance from the Victim's advocates because according to them he is not a victim, because no crime was committed because there was no police report or charges filed! DA Peck and the County Detective Kuhns have been about as helpful as having hot chocolate in hell would be!
taylor

Garden City, MI

#10 Sep 10, 2013
But if he was to go do something to those men he would get put right in jail smh
beer drops

Greensburg, PA

#11 Mar 17, 2014
who were the men? well if u call em that
Jill

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Mar 26, 2014
I am just reading about this case for the first time today. So sad. Are there any updates? I haven't seen anything recent online.
J town kid

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Aug 2, 2016
Not like he was innocent. Not like he never broke into an apartment and beat a guy with a baseball bat

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's with Erie PA discussions in the Jeannett... (Oct '14) Nov 17 Thurlow Weed 2
Old Jeannette (Aug '06) Aug '17 Earlene Ciotti 48
Baseball Jul '17 Jake 2
News Your school property taxes are probably rising ... (Jul '16) May '17 yidfellas v USA 5
News Notorious Westmoreland County bicyclist jailed ... (Sep '16) Apr '17 activist 2
What is really going on with the Jeannette Police? (Jun '08) Mar '17 DDD 74
Who is Maxwell Morton & why would he shoot Ryan... (Feb '15) Feb '17 gun owner 8

Delmont Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delmont Mortgages