Pa. police join efforts to combat agg...

Pa. police join efforts to combat aggressive driving

There are 5 comments on the Pittsburghlive.com story from Mar 24, 2007, titled Pa. police join efforts to combat aggressive driving. In it, Pittsburghlive.com reports that:

“For us to have this grant coming in and bring extra officers in just to do traffic, it's a real bonus. This really gives us an opportunity to go out and actually focus on traffic enforcement.”

PennDOT and state law enforcement officials are combatting aggressive driving. A $2 million investment from PennDOT will be used for "Smooth Operator" enforcement efforts. via Pittsburghlive.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburghlive.com.

passion

Norvelt, PA

#1 Apr 29, 2007
I DON'T KNOW WHY THERE HAS TO BE SUCH A BIG PROBLEM WITH SOLVING THIS!!.WHEN A PERSON IS BEING AGG DRIVING, ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS FINE THAT DRIVER 3,000.$ & MAKE THE AGG DRIVER GO TO ANGER MANIGMENT CLASSES, FOR 2 YEARS, & NO DRIVING L FOR 5 YEARS. MONEY HURES WHEN PEOPLE HAVE TO PAY FOR WHAT THEY DO. JUST LIKE D.U.I. THE COST IS HUGE, BUT DO THEY LEARN???????. NO THEY DO NOT. WITH THE COST OF EVERYTHING TODAY, IT DOSE NOT TAKE MUCH FOR A PERSON TO GO CRAZY. JUST PRAY YOU ARE NOT IN THE WAY OF THE CRAZY PERSON THAT DAY.
subtle

West Chester, PA

#2 Jul 8, 2007
You're one to speak about who needs anger management. Are all caps and eight question marks necessary? Not like I'm supporting aggressive driving here but your argument sounds childish.
Disappointment

Southbury, CT

#3 Jan 10, 2008
I've just been a victim of an aggressive driver once again. This time the driver almost put me into the cement barrio of the PA Turn Pike and then laughed about it (Which I could see in his side mirror as if it was a joke). He subsequently swerved directly in the path of the vehicle in front of me almost running his own vehicle into the same cement barrier.
The disappointing thing is PA doesnít just post the numbers to the State Police in the various areas (well, I couldnít find them). I also read you need a descriptions of the vehicle,(License, color make and description of the driver) I guess your suppose to get all of this as they are screaming by your on the defense from these maniacs. Well, I got the License number, color as best as I could make out and model. As far as a description of the man is the vehichel, thatís only so so.
resident

Apollo, PA

#5 Aug 6, 2008
i just got pulled over for the 1st time on my bike while on my way to getting it inspected. the cop dam near ran me of the road! talk about aggressive driving. i think they shld take a lesson on this. point in fack, they had a speed trap set up on 993 just outside trafford. there was 4 cops there 1 on a bike that looked like he was ready for the start of a moto x race. it was sad. an to think we pay them for this! guess bustin crack heads dont pay. literaly.
kraff

Irwin, PA

#6 Aug 7, 2008
If you've been a victim of someone driving aggressively, take a moment to reflect on your own driving habits. The number one reason someone is a victim of an "aggressive" driver is because he or she is driving in the left (passing lane) and not making a tangible attempt to pass (and safely & expeditiously return to the right lane). Speaking of "aggressive drivers," ask three people what makes an aggressive driver and you'll get five different answers. Here's one definition (paraphrasing George Carlin): "Anyone who drives faster than me is a speed crazed lunatic."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delmont Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Westmoreland County bicyclist will remain jaile... Aug 5 jjh 1
News TV actor Dustin Diamond set to be sentenced aft... Jun '15 Dr Wu 2
News 'Game of Thrones' star Kit Harington replaces R... Jun '15 MyPerspective 1
News Derry seeks way to end stray cat problem (Apr '07) May '15 Sburg rools 70
Who is Maxwell Morton & why would he shoot Ryan... (Feb '15) Feb '15 jjh 6
News Jeannette man charged with attempted homicide (Dec '10) Feb '15 outta state dude 2
Salem man charged with raping child (May '13) Dec '14 Come on 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delmont Mortgages