Alton Student Injured in Three Car Crash

Alton Student Injured in Three Car Crash

There are 58 comments on the Fox2Now story from Aug 25, 2010, titled Alton Student Injured in Three Car Crash. In it, Fox2Now reports that:

A chain reaction accident in Alton has sent a high school student the hospital and injured two others.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox2Now.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shawn

Eureka, MO

#1 Aug 25, 2010
Blake Hampton has passed away. Praying for his family.
Sophmore at AHS

Glen Carbon, IL

#2 Aug 25, 2010
Shawn wrote:
He is still alive ^^
Shawn

Eureka, MO

#3 Aug 25, 2010
Sophmore at AHS wrote:
<quoted text>
He is still alive ^^
are you sure about that?
Justin

Urbana, IL

#4 Aug 25, 2010
Blake has family spread out far and wide...whatever you know...let the family make its calls first. They are deserving of that. This is no place for a loved one to find out about the loss.
Mee

Edwardsville, IL

#5 Aug 25, 2010
His is infact still alive, on life support right now.. please keep him and his family in your prayers!!
cmh

De Soto, MO

#6 Aug 25, 2010
I have been in this situation of having a family member on life support after an accident its a very hard thing for a family to go through. My heart goes out to his family and friends.
Tara

Chesterfield, MO

#7 Aug 25, 2010
Please do not post updates if you are not sure of the situation. I am a relative and read the firstcomment that he had passed and was upset.
Tara

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Aug 25, 2010
Shawn wrote:
Please do not post false information!
Way To Go

Rolla, MO

#10 Aug 26, 2010
My prayers go out for this young man and his family.
sheri

Wentzville, MO

#11 Aug 26, 2010
THe High school kids think its time to show off for friends,
they dont take driving seriously they think its a toy i think.
I hope that this student is ok and that he/she wont have any long term problems after this. I think that the police should be more aware of all the hot rodding the kids do as they leave school.
My daughter and i wasw there just before crash occured my prayers go out to all that were involved and hope there will not be anything
perminently wrong with this student that was so badly injured.
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Aug 26, 2010
"One of those staged accidents students are getting used to these days"? What does that mean? Movies or some safe-driving stunt? That's an odd statement to make.
Charlie

East Saint Louis, IL

#13 Aug 26, 2010
Me, teen-ager, me not have accident, me brave, me don't need seat belt. Accident happen to everyone else, not me. Me syndrome and carelessness involved?
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Aug 26, 2010
I am a KEWL DUDE, I have NO FEAR. I am Not A Sissy. I am SICK, I am INSANE. I'll Show You Who's Tough. See that little Calvin decal on my window? Watch This, Girls.
james

Collinsville, IL

#15 Aug 26, 2010
he wasnt hot-rodding. he was trying to avoid a car coming into his lane, and went into on coming traffic. please don't make accusations.
sfaadf

Chesterfield, MO

#16 Aug 26, 2010
Students get into car crashes everyday. Why did this make the news?
christa

East Alton, IL

#17 Aug 26, 2010
Blake wasn't racing or hot rodding.. He was leaving the school.. not every teenager that gets into a wreck was at fault.. Seriously this poor boy is in the hospital and all any of you can say is that its because he is a teenager.. Wow.

And I believe it made the news because it truely was an accident and there really was an innocent victim... this is what should be on the news.. not all the little troublemakes who just want publicity!

To blake's family and friends.. I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him but know quite a few who had. And some of my friends are very close to him. He seems like a pretty amazing kid.. very friendly and lovable.. I wish him the best of luck and continue to pray for him... You are all in my prayers!
VCDaedalus

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Aug 26, 2010
What made it "truely" an accident? Did a section of jet airliner fall from the sky? Did a huge monster rear up out of the pavement? Did a light fixture suddenly fall into the intersection? Did a car explode with no warning?

THOSE are "truely" accidents. Everything else is driver error. Childish children making this out to be no one's fault. Get real.
AHS student

Saint Peters, MO

#19 Aug 26, 2010
Why don't you learn to show him respect, the problem is not who's fault it is, THE problem is Blake's future, my mom knows people from the hospital Blake was taken to and truth be told, even if he does live( which there's a low chance of) he will never return to school, he will be a vegetable and that's the sad truth. Stop giving crap saying who's fault it was and pray for Blake's family.
alton fan

Edwardsville, IL

#20 Aug 26, 2010
The only childish thing im seeing here is the way VCDaedalus is acting. Be a bit more respectful. Im sure it would be a different story if it was someone you knew.
Alton highschool student

Edwardsville, IL

#21 Aug 26, 2010
This is a huge deal at our school. Some kids are devistated a lot of my good freinds knew him very well and they don't even know what to think right now. They had a lot of big signs at lunch saying "We love you Blake Hampton" and everytime i looked up there, there was a line with more and more people signing it. This is not just some crash it is a big deal and all of us are here for him and praying. You are in my prayers Blake and his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dellwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary's $145M Kickback 2 hr Enter Username 5
and then it is winter Sat Enter Username 2
Quote Of The Week (Mar '15) Sat Marcus Welby 232
so-cial-ism (Feb '16) Sat Enter Username 52
Prop P Scam alert Sat Marcus Welby 22
Do the black people that work at mcdonalds, spi... (Jul '10) Sat roxaneskeet 45
News Black Lives Matter* (Oct '15) Sat hmmmm 2,062

Dellwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance