CDC warns of mercury hazard in antiques

CDC warns of mercury hazard in antiques

There are 1 comment on the KOMO-TV Seattle story from Jun 19, 2007, titled CDC warns of mercury hazard in antiques. In it, KOMO-TV Seattle reports that:

Careful with that antique clock. It could pose a mercury hazard. The silvery, skittering, and toxic liquid can be found in some antiques.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOMO-TV Seattle.


Waldorf, MD

#1 Jun 19, 2007
When did mercury become so toxic. When I was a kid we got a big kick out of playing with mercury from a broken thermometer including trying it on our tongue.
A famous side show sword swallower put an ounce of mercury in his stomach to help him break a world record for length of sword swallowed.
Mercury was regularly used in tooth fillings.
We used to coat coins with mercury to make them shiny.
I'm 77 years old now. Where the hell is toxicity?
Did I miss someting or am I allready dead?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delhi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
psychiatrist for adhd Oct 20 chevyman 1
looking for former Franklin school friend Sep '16 Michelle 1
charles j roemer (Nov '10) Sep '16 oh yeah 4
Commercial Recording Studio Near Oneonta Aug '16 Ats 1
Kurtis Breed Jul '16 MisterSinister 1
News Queens Student Stabbed On Delhi Campus Dies (May '08) Jan '16 Danny Smith 11
News Classifieds (Dec '15) Dec '15 town of Tompkins 1

Delhi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delhi Mortgages