Student stabbed on Delhi campus dies ...

Student stabbed on Delhi campus dies from stab wounds

There are 9 comments on the Newsday story from May 3, 2008, titled Student stabbed on Delhi campus dies from stab wounds. In it, Newsday reports that:

Authorities say a 22-year-old student stabbed at an upstate college last Sunday has died.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

FADDA VINCE

Rochester, NY

#1 May 5, 2008
This was definitely a tragedy that touch the entire community. There has been some forum post with negative and racism comments about Tyshawn, but like those who took his life the almighty will serve vengence. My condolences go out to his family, loved ones, and friends. Ty we will NEVER forget.
Enough Already

United States

#2 May 5, 2008
Dont let Ty an his memory die in vain, take this as a wake up call to stop the violence, for real man...I watched Ty emmcee the fashion that evening, he was cooler than cool..an I've had the pleasure of meeting ty while goin up to delhi many times to visit some of my friends...he was a cool dude an delhi is a cool school..never hear about any violence or issues..Ty's death was a tragedy that should have never even occured..he didnt deserve that at all..I've been reading some of the racist an negative comments posted about him, PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU DIDNT KNOW THIS YOUNG MAN..My heart goes out to his family an immediate friends because knowing him was a pleasure..I WILL NEVA 4GET U TY... Ur aura lives in us...SO WAVYYYYYY!!!OWWWWWW
Wake UP

Delhi, NY

#3 May 6, 2008
How does a college spokesman know that no gangs are at the College? A typical response for a 9-5 employee that has blinders on to make the college look good!!!!! I see all the graffiti was removed quickly. Maybe you should look at the face book photos of SUNY Delhi and see all the gang signs flashing. Mr Smith are these isolated photos??Stop lying and tell people the truth..
nawizzle

Hollis, NY

#4 May 6, 2008
tyshawn wasn't in no gang 1st of all .so to say that he was is pure disrespectful.. tyshawn you are truly missed .. wish you hadn't gone so early but like your mom said u achieved more than others achieve in there lifetimes.
R.I.P Tyshawn Bierra aka Fly Guy Ty aka SWAGGAVELLI
Vincent I French

Rochester, NY

#5 May 9, 2008
I try to understand the sensless violence that persist in these days. We can get our heads around equations and theory but, the need to inflict fatal harm is beyond me. It simply isn't natural. I think what his mother said is quite profound; "His heart still beats. His lungs still breathe. His organs were restored for a purpose,". I never met this individual in my life. I only know his name through a friend that went to school with him, Bernice Green. But though he [Mr. Tyshawn "Fly Guy" Bierria] isn't here in the physical his spirit is here with us all. He lives on iin our minds and hearts. Even in death he has given so much. Peace and Blessings to both him and his family. Be strong. Be supportive. Simply love one another.
Greek Week coming to you

Englishtown, NJ

#7 May 9, 2008
Ty Die....it not just a shirt!
Elizabeth Dominguez

New York, NY

#8 May 9, 2008
This is truly a tragedy. Tyshawn was a beautiful person that did not deserve this. Tyshawn was a respectful person who carried himself in such a brillant way.God is lucky to have an angel like you up there.We miss you alot and we will see you soon.We love you..R.I.P
THE 2

New York, NY

#9 Jun 12, 2008
Ty Die?? Are you serious????
Tyshawn was a great person, I knew him for a couple of years & never once was he disrespectful to me. And for all these people to come out their face and disrespect a man they have no clue about is beyond me.
Its been a little over a month since GOD called him home and its still hard to accept the fact that we arent going to see him anymore. but we know that he is with us and he is okay.
REST IN PEACE TYSHAWN AKA SWAGGAVELLI...WE GON KEEP IT OH SO WAVY FOR YOU OOWWWWWW!!
Rest In PEACE

Monticello, NY

#11 Jun 23, 2008
Whoever said negative comments, really must be miserable. Who in their right mind would say things like that about somebody? Especially somebody who had such an obviously huge impact on so many people's lives. Do you really think somebody that's so bad would have a packed out church and people all over the place mourning his death? Absolutely not. So think before you speak. They need respect right now, not somebody bringing them down with ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delhi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lauri Jul '17 fred 1
Mary Wells (Feb '17) Jun '17 nuggetmama 3
News Oneonta woman accused of card thefts (Feb '07) Mar '17 Kate 55
Review: Dragons Garage (Oct '13) Feb '17 Definitely not Ro... 13
News Queens Student Stabbed On Delhi Campus Dies (May '08) Jan '16 Danny Smith 11
News Classifieds (Dec '15) Dec '15 town of Tompkins 1
News Classifieds (Dec '15) Dec '15 town of Tompkins 1

Delhi Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delhi Mortgages