Delbarton VS Holden Raiders!!!!
raiders mom

Logan, WV

#41 Oct 17, 2010
on see er wrote:
<quoted text>
I have watched Holden play. They are good. But how good are they? They have not played anyone. They did the same things last year and was beat all over the field by a small but physical Matewan team everwhere but were it matters most the scoreboard. I hope we get to see the matchup onthe island but time will tell the only thing on Bulldogs minds are Lions because that is our next opponet. And by the way maybe you are that good because CB or CD leaves his starters in all game CLASS ACT GO raiders we surrender no LAMENT thats your word right
so I take it that you have never been to a a-team game because if you ever was you would have seen all the players get to play after half time unless the other team has quit playing and yes CD is a great coach and so are charlie, ronnie, chris, earl,kevin,and chris these men take time out of there lifes to coach these kids and I give CD the most respect because his son left 2 years ago and he still stayed to coach these boys you will never have a kid that has ever been coached by these men ever say a bad word about them the ones that have to leave and go to middle school hate having to leave because they know that they are not going to get coached and played like they want to you will have kids come to these games that have been gone from the raiders field for years and they still say that they miss playing for these coaches and the raiders so don't start the bull with our coaches because you people have done everything in your all's power to bring this team down you all have not succeded so far so give up this season is almost over and the only thing that I can tell you is to take lesson's from the games that you all have played against the raiders this year because next year they will be just as good go raiders you are the champions
THE OFFENSIVE UNIT

Scott Depot, WV

#42 Oct 17, 2010
The Raiders can stomp a mud hole in both Delbarton and Matewans butts. Our boys know how to play some football baby! All the other teams should enroll their boys in a more appropriate sport like golf or soccer.

"What is best in life? To beat the other team mercilessly, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their parents!"
raider fan

Peach Creek, WV

#43 Oct 19, 2010
tiger mom wrote:
dont worry about the raiders we are coming. your team will never beat us. we are then coming for the raiders then we will see some crying.
ya, it was your team last year and the year b4 that! I say even this year! MAYBE ___ if you all beat the dogs. 2 yrs of crying. Why not make it 3?
Strange but true

Lubbock, TX

#44 Oct 20, 2010
The only reason that Melvin is at Delbarton is because he quit on Matewan after being beat by who?Lets see how well you all know your facts.Who beat Matewan's A-team a few years ago in i think the first game of the season in a year that M.C. said that his team was 30 points better than any other team in there Divison? Come on lets hear you guess.I was at the game , CADILLAC,CADILLAC! Got Beat and Quit!!!!!
THE OFFENSIVE UNIT

Oakvale, WV

#45 Oct 20, 2010
I really think that whoever meets our Raiders A Team in the playoffs should forfeit and save your kids and parents the time and embarrassment. Because Holden will kick any team in this leagues butt up and down the ball field all day. Be sure to bring your Kleenex with you because you will be crying after the game. Our team thrives off the lamentations of the other teams players and parents.

"What is best in life? To beat the other team mercilessly, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their parents!"
Casey

Saint Albans, WV

#46 Oct 20, 2010
THE OFFENSIVE UNIT wrote:
I really think that whoever meets our Raiders A Team in the playoffs should forfeit and save your kids and parents the time and embarrassment. Because Holden will kick any team in this leagues butt up and down the ball field all day. Be sure to bring your Kleenex with you because you will be crying after the game. Our team thrives off the lamentations of the other teams players and parents.
If I were a parent on your team, I would be humiliated to know you! You have poor sportsmanship not to mention lack of respect for others. It's one thing to support your team but to actually get on topix and run your mouth about kids? Get over yourself! You are prime example that "some" people never grow up... PS... Great example your setting for your kids---you should be proud of yourself that you have to trash elementary school kids on an internet site to gain amusement for yourself! Get a life!
raiders

Logan, WV

#47 Oct 20, 2010
Casey wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were a parent on your team, I would be humiliated to know you! You have poor sportsmanship not to mention lack of respect for others. It's one thing to support your team but to actually get on topix and run your mouth about kids? Get over yourself! You are prime example that "some" people never grow up... PS... Great example your setting for your kids---you should be proud of yourself that you have to trash elementary school kids on an internet site to gain amusement for yourself! Get a life!
excuse me but I think that all a-team players should be in middle school 5th, 6th, and 7th grades so if you all have grade school kids playing you might want to check there birth cert. and make sure that they are playing for the right team
bulldogs

Saint Albans, WV

#48 Oct 20, 2010
raiders wrote:
<quoted text>excuse me but I think that all a-team players should be in middle school 5th, 6th, and 7th grades so if you all have grade school kids playing you might want to check there birth cert. and make sure that they are playing for the right team
Burch Elementary K-6
Player on the A-Team when

Gilbert, WV

#49 Oct 20, 2010
Strange but true wrote:
The only reason that Melvin is at Delbarton is because he quit on Matewan after being beat by who?Lets see how well you all know your facts.Who beat Matewan's A-team a few years ago in i think the first game of the season in a year that M.C. said that his team was 30 points better than any other team in there Divison? Come on lets hear you guess.I was at the game , CADILLAC,CADILLAC! Got Beat and Quit!!!!!
Melvin quit because he stood up for a kid. Greg Dillion wanted his kid to start demanded that his kid start at quarterack Melvin would not do it he was going to start David Runyon and th s;;t hit the fan. Adam was a good quarterback but he was 10. I guess it the same that goes on in Matewan now Stevie is the best quarterback but stayed down because Greg wants his boy to start at quarterback. However, chance playes qb from rb he throws all the passes.
Matewan and Delbarton FAN

Gilbert, WV

#50 Oct 20, 2010
Strange but true wrote:
Let me give you some facts. The first team that beat Matewan that year was Holden in a scrimmage game. It was held at Omar. Then, lets continue to state facts. Melvin does not brag about beating teams out loud. Even when he arrived at Delbarton and we went undefeated he did not openly verbalize his view when the world knew we was not going to lose. I am not defending him but I am a fan without a child that plays and I watch this man get excitedlast wek in a lose to Gilbert's C-Team. He high fived those kids, pattedthem on the helmets for big plays. Holden I am glad you think so much of yourselves. Hopefully, the dogs and you can meet. We would be honored to be allowed th play on the same field with the best. He is grounded and why would he not be. FACTS---check the web-sites
Two time All-Amercan at Marshall University
1st team southen conference 3 years
started as a freshman in college
player of the year in high school while at Matewan
signed with the Miami Dolphins
and played Arena football for the Tampa Bay Storm
I hardly think he would waste time bragging about a midget league football team when he could just bragg about himself
get the facts

Pikeville, KY

#51 Oct 20, 2010
Player on the A-Team when wrote:
<quoted text>
Melvin quit because he stood up for a kid. Greg Dillion wanted his kid to start demanded that his kid start at quarterack Melvin would not do it he was going to start David Runyon and th s;;t hit the fan. Adam was a good quarterback but he was 10. I guess it the same that goes on in Matewan now Stevie is the best quarterback but stayed down because Greg wants his boy to start at quarterback. However, chance playes qb from rb he throws all the passes.
My son played on that team and even after Melvin quit David Runyon played qb that whole season while Adam sat on the bench.You can asked anybody that and theres game tapes to prove it. Its easy for a Coach to walk away when he looks up and down the line and sees all 10 year olds on a team playing in a league with a lot of 12 yr olds in it,guess it looked like it wasnt going to be a 10 win season so bye bye.Greg has always been fair to all the kids reguardless where there from.And i can say one thing for absolutly sure he has never shown Adam any favoritism.As a matter of fact i think he is too hard on him.Tim Collins and Ricky Thornsbury are the ones that put Adam at qb to start with.Greg only worked with the linemen and defense. I was proud to have my kid play for Greg he has always been great with the kids just ask them.As far as Chance being the qb he does throw some hb passes but Adam throws more.Chance is the best player in the County hands down. Guess that why Stevie stayed down.Anybody would be second fiddle to Chance so quit blaming Greg and Adam for Stevie staying down.He is the big fish on the little league team and semms to be happy.I wish MHS,MMS,and all the little leagues good luck the rest of the season and in the upcoming playoffs.
Matewan FAN

Gilbert, WV

#52 Oct 21, 2010
get the facts wrote:
<quoted text>My son played on that team and even after Melvin quit David Runyon played qb that whole season while Adam sat on the bench.You can asked anybody that and theres game tapes to prove it. Its easy for a Coach to walk away when he looks up and down the line and sees all 10 year olds on a team playing in a league with a lot of 12 yr olds in it,guess it looked like it wasnt going to be a 10 win season so bye bye.Greg has always been fair to all the kids reguardless where there from.And i can say one thing for absolutly sure he has never shown Adam any favoritism.As a matter of fact i think he is too hard on him.Tim Collins and Ricky Thornsbury are the ones that put Adam at qb to start with.Greg only worked with the linemen and defense. I was proud to have my kid play for Greg he has always been great with the kids just ask them.As far as Chance being the qb he does throw some hb passes but Adam throws more.Chance is the best player in the County hands down. Guess that why Stevie stayed down.Anybody would be second fiddle to Chance so quit blaming Greg and Adam for Stevie staying down.He is the big fish on the little league team and semms to be happy.I wish MHS,MMS,and all the little leagues good luck the rest of the season and in the upcoming playoffs.
I am also a parent that had a kid on that team. Greg is not stpid he did leave David at qb but he shared time with Adam. In a season that Afam should not have played. Adam is a good qb so it does not matter who put him there. As for Stevie, it is not about being second fiddle. Im not sure he would have been. He is better than Adam. He should be the qb. Why not ask him or Billy why he stayed down. That is not saying Greg is a bad guy. Greg works hard. Adam is a wonderful kid and will be a great player regardless if it is at qb or another position. As far as Melvin leaving because it is a ten year old team. What does he have to prove with win and loses in a midget gootball league. That was the stupidiest comment. Because you know as I know he would have found away to win anyways. He coached a team wth all ten year old kids last year in a 12 year old league. They went 4 and 4. You are write Melvin Quit but to give you an idea of his character he did not make his kid quit. He cheered as loud as any other fan that year. He did not hide his face. He quit or should we say stepped down for good reason but trust me losing never figured. With that said GO TIGERS Adam keep your head up because all this is doing is hurting you. Melvin we now the truth dont let this get you down. Greg, you do great things for alot of people but it is what it is.
outsider

Gilbert, WV

#53 Oct 21, 2010
I wish topix was positive in an already negative world I will ty to do that by saying good luck to two Mingo County teams that are 7-0. Continued success in the playoffs.
Concerned Spectator

Sumerco, WV

#54 Oct 21, 2010
I have seen Delbarton play, Matewan play and Holden play and they all have good teams. Lets not forget that any team can be beaten on any given day. You parents need to let these kids be kids and let them be the ones to play ball on the field. The parents need to quit running their mouths about how good their team is or how bad the other team is. These are kids playing their hearts out on the field. Nobody wants to see their kid get beat at anything, but somebody wins and somebody loses. The league should look at this site and ban Holden, Matewan & Delbarton from even competing in the playoffs. How would you all like that. Give the teams that aren't on here running their mouths a chance to win a championship game.
Hell Yea

Sumerco, WV

#55 Oct 21, 2010
my name says it all
lol

United States

#56 Oct 21, 2010
get the facts wrote:
<quoted text>My son played on that team and even after Melvin quit David Runyon played qb that whole season while Adam sat on the bench.You can asked anybody that and theres game tapes to prove it. Its easy for a Coach to walk away when he looks up and down the line and sees all 10 year olds on a team playing in a league with a lot of 12 yr olds in it,guess it looked like it wasnt going to be a 10 win season so bye bye.Greg has always been fair to all the kids reguardless where there from.And i can say one thing for absolutly sure he has never shown Adam any favoritism.As a matter of fact i think he is too hard on him.Tim Collins and Ricky Thornsbury are the ones that put Adam at qb to start with.Greg only worked with the linemen and defense. I was proud to have my kid play for Greg he has always been great with the kids just ask them.As far as Chance being the qb he does throw some hb passes but Adam throws more.Chance is the best player in the County hands down. Guess that why Stevie stayed down.Anybody would be second fiddle to Chance so quit blaming Greg and Adam for Stevie staying down.He is the big fish on the little league team and semms to be happy.I wish MHS,MMS,and all the little leagues good luck the rest of the season and in the upcoming playoffs.
I agree Chance is great,but the best player in the county in all sports is Kermits Hayden Sturgill.
raiders

Peach Creek, WV

#57 Oct 21, 2010
This is just crazy I know were you all are coming it is like the raiders against the cowboys it is hard when these kids go to school together and have been friends for years I am sure that both teams have coaches that are friends so my best advice to all is to just stop all of this and have a great game saturday or sunday because who ever is better will come out the winner so good luck to both teams and the raiders are very excited to get to play these teams so see you all in the playoffs or the championship game ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
raiders all the way

Logan, WV

#58 Oct 24, 2010
congrats bulldogs the raiders are ready to play you all and we are glad that you all shut matewan up for a while now all teams get ready to watch some good ole' football the starters don't have to come out no matter how many tears they start to shed raiders all the way and good luck to all teams
THE OFFENSIVE UNIT

Oakvale, WV

#59 Oct 24, 2010
14 points and 12 scored against you all Delbarton? Is that the best your all's team has got? You are in for a very rude awakening when you meet the Raiders!

Defensive Unit

Gilbert, WV

#60 Oct 24, 2010
THE OFFENSIVE UNIT wrote:
14 points and 12 scored against you all Delbarton? Is that the best your all's team has got? You are in for a very rude awakening when you meet the Raiders!
I am glad that you are finally getting the exposure you have longed for. I APOLOGIZE THAT ALL THE TEAMS IN THIS LEAGUE IS WASTING HOLDEN'S TIME. I will be honest and I speak for both teams we can wait to see you either. YOU ARE THE BEST. wE CROWN YOU. WE ARE ALREADY CRYING. WE MAY NOT SHOW UP. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT US TO SAY. JUST REMEMBER THIS YOU WILL NOT TAKE YOUR STARTERS OUT BECAUSE IT WILL BE A FOUR QUARTER GAME.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delbarton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 100 Days In, Appalachia Holds Cautious Optimism... 2 hr joe 45
Richard Wright 6 hr B Ball 21
Melissa burns 19 hr Mejap 17
Traci varney from varney 20 hr All my life 2
Kim Hardin Sat John Doe 1
shirley cline Sat larry 4
Nothing wrong with courthouse renovation (Apr '15) Fri MCC budget 10

Delbarton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance