Lawsuit for anonymous Slander
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
fence post

AOL

#42 Aug 15, 2010
JENNIFER wrote:
Reveal these peoples names!!! If you are going to slander someone, your name should be shown to whom you slander so that you can be sued!
Also, the laws need to keep up with technology so that this sort of thing can be stopped! lawmakers, please do your job!
If that were the case, then noone would be slandered because the one's that do it are simple-minded cowards and would never do it if people knew who they were.
unforturnate citizen

Slippery Rock, PA

#43 Aug 15, 2010
ursofunny wrote:
you were home schooled, weren't you?
oh what she does are town events.
what's your name, since you are so for posting them?
good god no one has even put a name on this about anyone and you are still whining. is it that easy to figure out who the town event is?
That is not true, peoples names are mentioned all of the time and some of them are even threatened. I am in the process of a lawsuit on here myself.
a wife

Huntington, WV

#44 Aug 16, 2010
asecret wrote:
I trully think that a lot of people get on here to air just how they feel about certain things,situations,people,areas ,politics,education and so forth because they would never say these things face to face to anyone.I don't think they would fear that person but would dread the fallout of a face to face confrontation.Many people read Topix and some know when it is them that is being talked about.WE all want to be heard but we know CERTAIN people run things and the rest of us are just spectators in most cases,so Topix allows us to vent and in many cases this venting is right on the money.People just do not want to admit when some people are wrong snd I have been in situations where people agree with people knowing they are wrong but do it and later try to say they had too.I read a lot of post and know along with many that it is the absolute truth and then someone comes on and tries to defend this person or situation and here we GO ..A battle ,,but I love it and i will continue to read and post until Topix shuts down or the Fed's cart me off .I do not post anything bad about people but if I knew of something going on and wanted to i would.I do comment and I would stand behind any comment I have ever posted.So be ready to defend yopur post and comments if need be but I don't think we need to worry.Like one poster said DON"T be out there doing BAD things and you won't be posted.Have a GREAT day.
I agree if you don't want on here then don't be doing things wrong.I do post on here but its the truth because I always have proof.So thats not slander thats the truth And I don't give names so if someone has a problem with what I write then they must have a guilty conscience.
fence post

AOL

#45 Aug 16, 2010
a wife wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree if you don't want on here then don't be doing things wrong.I do post on here but its the truth because I always have proof.So thats not slander thats the truth And I don't give names so if someone has a problem with what I write then they must have a guilty conscience.
If you post on here and talk about people, you are just as bad. You hide behind a computer screen, gossiping and defiling people's names, without mentioning your own. Not only does your mentality reveal your IQ, but also the cowardly, evil spirit that haunts your soul.
a wife

Charleston, WV

#46 Aug 16, 2010
fence post wrote:
<quoted text>If you post on here and talk about people, you are just as bad. You hide behind a computer screen, gossiping and defiling people's names, without mentioning your own. Not only does your mentality reveal your IQ, but also the cowardly, evil spirit that haunts your soul.
Like I said I don't put any names on here and what I say is true.If I would put my name everyone would know who I was talking about so I was being nice.
concerned

Columbus, GA

#47 Aug 15, 2012
Go after this site the old fashioned way.

Just notify the advertisers and boycott them.
Moonshine Bob

Belfry, KY

#48 Aug 24, 2012
a wife wrote:
<quoted text>
You're making excuses for the fact you're gossiping. Whether its true or not, you shouldn't talk about people's private lives as if you think you have some God-given permission. Its a stupid, evil habit and you should be ashamed but its obvious you don't have any morals or you wouldn't try to defend yourself.
Youre wrong

Washington, DC

#49 Aug 25, 2012
Rawr wrote:
No, it means that if you get on Topix and really say superiorly bad things about someone, and their reputation is ruined, especially if its not true, then you can be sued. Its called slander, and you can't just go around saying BAD things about people that aren't true.:)
You're wrong for two reasons:
#1. It is perfectly acceptable and legal to say "superiorly bad things about someone" so long as it is true or simply one's opinion.(The First Amendment of the US Constitution was not made to protect kind speech, but rather mean and hurtful speech. Kind speech has no need to be protected)
#2. It is not called slander. It's called libel. Slander is saying untrue things, libel is writing/typing untrue things.
The above is merely one man's opinion and not to be taken as factual or trusted information and meant purely for the entertainment value of the reader.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delbarton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum 16 min Just Call Me Old ... 752
Anyone know Brooke Cox? (Jan '13) 1 hr Seen them together 20
News Williamson Mayor Resigns 2 hr whaaaaaaaaaaat 17
Crossfit 8 hr luvfitness 14
Indictments Sat whaaaaaaaaaaat 2
3-way Sat BS TOO 14
Heritage family diner Aug 27 justme 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delbarton Mortgages