Lawsuit for anonymous Slander
FYI

United States

#21 Jul 22, 2009
If someone is being slandered have your local law enforcement or a lawyer call the topix.com phone number @ one six five zero four six one eight three zero zero.
Jim

United States

#22 Jul 22, 2009
Nobody is anonymous on the internet, eventhough they would like to be.
Taken

United States

#23 Jul 23, 2009
Or you could get a lawyer and have them subpoena the records from Topix and then subpoena the records from ISP of the IP address to get the subscriber information.
Well

Logan, WV

#24 Jul 23, 2009
Anytime you put something on here about someone, and say bad things aboout them they can sue you. All they have to do is get a doctor to say it caused them mental anguish. And there is their damages. Plus topix terms of service states that you can not mention anyone by name without their permission. Also to put someone's name on here and then write bad things about them is called harrasment and cyber bullying. Here is a case for you that shows how it can be against the law. This case actually made it a law.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,367255,00...
Record Keeper

Chapmanville, WV

#25 Jul 23, 2009
For the record, the truth is always an affirmitive defensive. For a statement to be liable or slanderous it has to have caused damage that can be prooved such as the loss of a job or being over passed for a promotion or denied housing. This is still America and people have freedom of Speach illregardless of how stupid they are.
There is a big difference in saying that I think that the Borden's milk cow, Elsie, is a fat A$$ heiffer and saying she is funning the $hit out of Elmer the Bull who represents Elmer's Glue All.
People are intitled to think just about anything they want. And if someone asks the question have you heard the rumor that Elmer the bull is porking Bessie the cow? What act of harrassment have you committed?

a young bull looks down a hill and says lets run down there and top a few cows. An old bull says lets walk down there and top them all.

Now that is for the record.
yelp

Prestonsburg, KY

#26 Jul 23, 2009
Record Keeper wrote:
For the record, the truth is always an affirmitive defensive. For a statement to be liable or slanderous it has to have caused damage that can be prooved such as the loss of a job or being over passed for a promotion or denied housing. This is still America and people have freedom of Speach illregardless of how stupid they are.
There is a big difference in saying that I think that the Borden's milk cow, Elsie, is a fat A$$ heiffer and saying she is funning the $hit out of Elmer the Bull who represents Elmer's Glue All.
People are intitled to think just about anything they want. And if someone asks the question have you heard the rumor that Elmer the bull is porking Bessie the cow? What act of harrassment have you committed?
a young bull looks down a hill and says lets run down there and top a few cows. An old bull says lets walk down there and top them all.
Now that is for the record.
i agree 100%
biotch

United States

#27 Jul 23, 2009
Well wrote:
Anytime you put something on here about someone, and say bad things aboout them they can sue you. All they have to do is get a doctor to say it caused them mental anguish. And there is their damages. Plus topix terms of service states that you can not mention anyone by name without their permission. Also to put someone's name on here and then write bad things about them is called harrasment and cyber bullying. Here is a case for you that shows how it can be against the law. This case actually made it a law.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,367255,00...
you just caused me mental angusih by not sharing my thought that you sound like a cry baby. is there a doctor in the house? as for saying bad things about people "Well" i know i'm a b!!!! and i put it on here myself. i may sue me later for it if i someone reads it and agrees. Grow a pair.
Well

Logan, WV

#28 Jul 24, 2009
biotch wrote:
<quoted text>
you just caused me mental angusih by not sharing my thought that you sound like a cry baby. is there a doctor in the house? as for saying bad things about people "Well" i know i'm a b!!!! and i put it on here myself. i may sue me later for it if i someone reads it and agrees. Grow a pair.
Sweetie I was just stating a fact. I personally could care less what people think of me. But I can completley understand people's point of not wanting others to get on here and drag their personel business all across the internet. Can you honestly say that if something very personel was going on in your life that you would want it posted all over topix for the world to read? Or your probably just one of the people that gets on here and runs there mouth about everyone in the world. And for the record you never know what talking bad about someone will cause them to do until after it happens. Just cause I get on here and call the girl down the road a worthless whore and think it won't make no difference doesn't make it right, but what if those simple little words strike her at a bad moment and causes her to shoot herself, well then I'm to blame. Now do you get the point. And as far as calling me a cry baby, no I just have a heart, unlinke the other 98% of the people that get on here. Sounds to me like you like to cry over someone making you upset about talking BS about people. Why don't you grow a heart that actually feels.
Sherrie

New York, NY

#29 Jul 26, 2009
want to know wrote:
ive been trashed on topix for months now and yes its getting a little aggravating and has also hurt my profession! i dont understand how ppl can post such things on this site! it really needs to be filtered before its posted ppl have issues with ppl all the time thats human nature....but to intentionally hurt someones reputation and livelyhood based only on disliking a person is just down right wrong if you have issuses with someone you learn to over come it theres no need to try to disrtoy someones life!
I live in Massena, NY and we have the same crap going on here. They have used my name saying some very sick & perverted stuff, that I would never say online to people I don't even know or have ever seen. I was surfing through the internet for something about slandering a person name & came across this. I have posted this to the Massena forum hoping a few will stop there ignorance which I doubt. I feel those people who slander have very boring lives & aren't very happy with themselves.

“Let us Prey”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#30 Jul 26, 2009
lol say what you wrote:
<quoted text>it grounds when it lies and slandering your name all over the page and you husband name because they are jeauois and they think that you want their old man because you van take it at any time and they known it.. so it is slander how would you like it if it was your name and or you husband name and people trashing you!!!!!!
Not really sure what your reply to me is because I don't read jibberish.
You can report these people who trash you and have it removed. If indeed they are speaking of crimes you or your husband commited. You have no rights about that because it is public record. If you don't like what people say about you on here, don't read it. Leave it alone and it will die. Unless you have several thousand dollars to seek legal counsel and possibly sue for libel, not slander. However, topix cannot give out personal information because it it our right to privacy. If that were the case, the person could sue Topix.
Sherrie

New York, NY

#31 Jul 27, 2009
decepticon wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really sure what your reply to me is because I don't read jibberish.
You can report these people who trash you and have it removed. If indeed they are speaking of crimes you or your husband commited. You have no rights about that because it is public record. If you don't like what people say about you on here, don't read it. Leave it alone and it will die. Unless you have several thousand dollars to seek legal counsel and possibly sue for libel, not slander. However, topix cannot give out personal information because it it our right to privacy. If that were the case, the person could sue Topix.
Good morning,
It's really hard to explain things through typing but anyways. The reason was because of the long thread about people can get in trouble for deformation of character. I for one wouldn't sue but I was hoping it would have gave a wake up call for those ignorant people then maybe they would think twice. I did not know they can be reported. Guess, I will have to check more into that. There are a few of us who talk about normal things, share information of topix we are interested in. We make interesting topix and some person has to make rude sick comments. After I gave sites for people to put my name to a face, it just basically got worse. I have nothing to hide & never let things bother me but hell you try to share info and the words get turned around then the lies start. Just gets sickening. I posted a comment that if anymore rude perverted, sick comments to anyone or about my self by no means is me because I don't talk in that manor and gave a time & date. Thank you for just reading and give some info. Have a great day
larryzurus

Ashburn, VA

#32 Jul 27, 2009
I wish you all would learn that when you point a finger at someone else, ther are three fingers and a thumb pointing back at you.
larryzurus

Ashburn, VA

#33 Jul 27, 2009
I think that this site would be exceptional if everyone would use it to do good like reporting property that looks as though it may have been stolen. I lost an automatic Browning deer rifle that was stolen along with two new stihl chainsaws and a welder. I,m sure that someone out there has seen them and it is not against the law to report seeing something.
wow

Logan, WV

#34 Jul 29, 2009
URATRAMP wrote:
don't be doing anything that would make people talk about YOU and YOU won't have anything to worry about. I'd rather be jealous of a ho than be one.
YOU slander your own name.
Hooked On Phonics didn't work for you did it?
no your wrong you dont have to do anything to end up on here,just sit home and mind your on gad dam buisness and i'll be dammed if your name dont pop up on her anyway,this web site has got out of control with all the slander and people should have to pay for things they get on here and say about other people,and you sound just like one of those people that like to slander. get a life.
1 post removed
Fred Flinstone

Buffalo, NY

#36 Aug 15, 2010
The real psychos use proxies so they can't be tracked.
They will get caught though if they keep it up.
poprocks_and_cok e

Man, WV

#37 Aug 15, 2010
I agree, and yeah when ever I agree with something on here that I find worthy to agree with, someone normally ends up acting like they know me and they go on to say I have a serious problem like down syndrome or something.... And I think that that is slander... especially if they are making me look like some kid that can't live for themselves and withholds a mind and maturity of a child. So that will have people look at you funny and treat you like your stupid which makes me throwing punches angry. I've been treated out of context the majority of my high school life. And it has emotionally effected me... made be depressed and well I've even thought about killing myself.. adapted a cutting problem because of the teasing when I was younger, I am over the depression... but I'm still angry. And I could sue them over emotional distress and slander, but I'm sure they have some kinda emotional and mental disorder themselves, so I honestly feel sorry for them.
poprocks_and_cok e

Man, WV

#38 Aug 15, 2010
I honestly think God, looks down on teasing and hate. I honestly believe that any sort of hate, rather it be hate for homosexuals, hate because someone has a different type of religion then you, hate because you have a different skin color, and hate because you have your own understanding on the bible or hate for whatever... He does want that.... don't hate them for they are humans to and have the right to freedom of personal thinking and personal being.... and people will hate each other for anything... then go to church and say they are some christian... when they have hate in their soul. Sure god doesn't approve of homosexuality... But there's nothing that says that you should have the right to judge them to the point where you want to physically hurt them and emotionally hurt them... mind your own for you are not your brothers keeper... Hate is one of the 7 deadly sins.... no matter what! By hating someone you are committing a sin as well and it doesn't mean god wont look over it... let him handle his judgment.... And you just live in the most fulfilling way possible.... All I see is hate.... the human race isn't improving anything... hate will be EVERYONE'S down fall.... So my question is..... "Where is the love?"
asecret

Logan, WV

#39 Aug 15, 2010
yelp wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree 100%
I too agree .
asecret

Logan, WV

#40 Aug 15, 2010
I trully think that a lot of people get on here to air just how they feel about certain things,situations,people,areas ,politics,education and so forth because they would never say these things face to face to anyone.I don't think they would fear that person but would dread the fallout of a face to face confrontation.Many people read Topix and some know when it is them that is being talked about.WE all want to be heard but we know CERTAIN people run things and the rest of us are just spectators in most cases,so Topix allows us to vent and in many cases this venting is right on the money.People just do not want to admit when some people are wrong snd I have been in situations where people agree with people knowing they are wrong but do it and later try to say they had too.I read a lot of post and know along with many that it is the absolute truth and then someone comes on and tries to defend this person or situation and here we GO ..A battle ,,but I love it and i will continue to read and post until Topix shuts down or the Fed's cart me off .I do not post anything bad about people but if I knew of something going on and wanted to i would.I do comment and I would stand behind any comment I have ever posted.So be ready to defend yopur post and comments if need be but I don't think we need to worry.Like one poster said DON"T be out there doing BAD things and you won't be posted.Have a GREAT day.
fence post

AOL

#41 Aug 15, 2010
URATRAMP wrote:
don't be doing anything that would make people talk about YOU and YOU won't have anything to worry about. I'd rather be jealous of a ho than be one.
YOU slander your own name.
Hooked On Phonics didn't work for you did it?
Genetics let you down also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delbarton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coming Too WPD 1 hr Ruler 21
Women please stop falling for his lies! 22 hr Fell for it 11
Some people need to let go and move on 22 hr Secret 16
Can someone give me feedback on classic auto Wed Friends 5
Poll Should cockfighting be legal? (Oct '09) Jun 22 braoulio 1,155
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jun 21 n 1,336
Miranda and Amanda Curry...Does anyone know whe... Jun 19 Pinner 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delbarton Mortgages