Frankie Smith leaving MC to go to Sheldon Clark?????

Posted in the Delbarton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MC fan

Switzer, WV

#1 Sep 17, 2012
I've heard this from many people
Fine

Griffithsville, WV

#2 Sep 17, 2012
Hope not
Anse Hatfield

Inez, KY

#3 Sep 17, 2012
Fine wrote:
Hope not
Color him gone!
Wondering

Charleston, WV

#4 Sep 17, 2012
I hope he does cause he acts like he has a chip on his shoulders.
thefox from hell

AOL

#5 Sep 18, 2012
those are dollar signs
on his sholders
dewy

Dallas, GA

#6 Sep 18, 2012
let him go a coach is olny as good as his players you already have a fine coach up their
Former supporter

United States

#7 Sep 18, 2012
Shame on you Frankie.......I can't believe you are going back on your word.......your only as good as your word.......
In the Know

Milton, WV

#8 Sep 19, 2012
Who is in line to replace Frankie? Im hearing they have contacted Tolsia High School coach. Anyone else heard this?
Delbarton Reporter

Kermit, WV

#9 Sep 19, 2012
Who would want the job ? zero talent fact is fact
Miner

United States

#10 Sep 19, 2012
I think it's funny how Frankie is whining on FB.....if I was him I wouldn't say anything.......he looks bad enough........wonder if he is going to meet with the kids to tell them he is not staying....he came here actually before he got the job to tell the kids how he wanted to come home...how he wanted to be a miner and how he was going to build this program from Midget League up........your only as good as your WORD and your word means NOTHING now.......if I was SC I would be careful because if someone offers you more money..........your gone......SHAME SHAME.....quit acting like your the victim........Mingo county kept their promise!
hmmm

Charleston, WV

#11 Sep 20, 2012
most of the people that liked his comment where his family, people from belfry and people from tug valley...all the haters of mchs. wonder what would they would say if it happend to their school.
James

Logan, WV

#12 Sep 22, 2012
I understand Coach Smith wanting to insure his family's financial future. But did he? Remember, Martin County Kentucky is famous for getting rid of coaches if they don't produce desired results quickly!!!! And you better believe he's burned his bridges with Mingo County. So what's he gonna do if this doesn't work out at Sheldon Clark? The big thing here though is that he PROVED beyond a shadow of a doubt that the kids he coaches will never be a priority to him. To go to the Miners, get the kids all pumped up, buying in to his program, trusting him and hearing him tell them he cares about them and then to see him ABANDON them at the first wave of the almighty greenback speaks volumes about what he thinks of kids he coaches. OR maybe it just suggests that Frankie should go back to college and coach where the kids EXPECT coaches to come and go following the money. High school kids don't expect that.
Billy

Logan, WV

#13 Sep 22, 2012
Coach Smith is wished not one bit of ill will, but no matter the "family" spin he puts on it, even he has to admit that he has left the kids at Mingo Central in a bad position with only 5 weeks left to practice. The big question here is not for Smith but the school: why did Mingo County let him out of his contract? Couldn't they have made him honor it at least for this season? I mean he did have a contract with them, right?
lolz

Charleston, WV

#14 Sep 22, 2012
Coach has to take the higher paying job to satisfy the little wifey, cause his kids are already grown up.
just my opinion

Belfry, KY

#15 Sep 22, 2012
Who can blame him? The school is in the sticks, with a dysfunctional administration, overseen by an even more inept county school board.

matewan resident

Swartz Creek, MI

#16 Sep 25, 2012
Have known frankies family for more than 50 years..he was raised right , I think. He just married into a really bad family who I know is probably at fault because they are evil!
Yep

Charleston, WV

#17 Sep 26, 2012
YOu got that right...They aint nothing but TRASH. i know.
wonderer

Gilbert, WV

#18 Sep 28, 2012
i think its a shame making all the promises and walk out on the kids. real good example to all kids. he really talked the talk then walked the walk. his dad is a great man he use to run city softball im sure he isnt proud of what his son did. i dont think frank smith sr would have ever done this he coached at tug valley without compensation now his son comes home takes a job that sr would be his assistant and leaves. i know his dad cant do anything about it but i think he was raised better than he was not raised that way. so frankie id like to hear your side. money,got run off etc what is the excuse to leave MC no coach and off to another school. i hope some other school dont offer more money ya will leave them kids just like ya did at central. YA ARE A REAL ROLE MODEL FOR KIDS HOW COULD YA EVER HAVE ANYONES RESPECT?
please

Gilbert, WV

#19 Sep 28, 2012
wonderer wrote:
i think its a shame making all the promises and walk out on the kids. real good example to all kids. he really talked the talk then walked the walk. his dad is a great man he use to run city softball im sure he isnt proud of what his son did. i dont think frank smith sr would have ever done this he coached at tug valley without compensation now his son comes home takes a job that sr would be his assistant and leaves. i know his dad cant do anything about it but i think he was raised better than he was not raised that way. so frankie id like to hear your side. money,got run off etc what is the excuse to leave MC no coach and off to another school. i hope some other school dont offer more money ya will leave them kids just like ya did at central. YA ARE A REAL ROLE MODEL FOR KIDS HOW COULD YA EVER HAVE ANYONES RESPECT?
Can't blame Frankie!!! You would do it to for 30,000 more a year!!! That's why Mingo County can't get ahead of any other school systems... They don't want to put the money in anyone's pockets nut there own!! And it never benefits the kids!!! You have that brand new consolidated school on that hill and they can't pay up for a decent coach to give Mingo Central some recognition!!! What a shame...
funny

Logan, WV

#20 Sep 28, 2012
please wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't blame Frankie!!! You would do it to for 30,000 more a year!!! That's why Mingo County can't get ahead of any other school systems... They don't want to put the money in anyone's pockets nut there own!! And it never benefits the kids!!! You have that brand new consolidated school on that hill and they can't pay up for a decent coach to give Mingo Central some recognition!!! What a shame...

Lol Why do u thing KY teachers fight to come over here when they have lay offs over there because WV pays more and for him to say hes getting paid more well thats kinda of far fetched...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delbarton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Game*** Last Word++2 (Mar '12) 6 hr Jennifer Renee 2,747
4 Letter Word Game lol (Feb '09) 7 hr Analog man 6,242
Last word game (Apr '10) 7 hr Analog man 4,763
christy light 16 hr wow 7
Prostitution arrest made in Town of Delbarton 19 hr Noway 28
Grinch HITS BES!!!! Terrible.............. Fri Upyours 4
One word......Your one word reply... (Apr '09) Fri Analog man 6,251
Delbarton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web