Lightning And Heavy Rain Pound Tulsa

Lightning And Heavy Rain Pound Tulsa

There are 6 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Jun 8, 2009, titled Lightning And Heavy Rain Pound Tulsa. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

A cold front pushed across eastern Oklahoma Monday morning bringing with it heavy rain, hail and lots of lightning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

“Veteran US Army/Vietnam War”

Since: May 09

Tulsa, Oklahoma

#1 Jun 8, 2009
We had lightning, thunder, hail and a heavy downpour here in SE Tulsa just below Woodland Hills.
david

Coweta, OK

#2 Jun 8, 2009
if pso buried the power lines like they should then the blackouts whould be fewer. pso does not care about its customers! only its high profit margin!

“Freedom is not FREE!”

Since: Jan 08

Tulsa

#3 Jun 8, 2009
right now, I don't care if the news is about buried power lines or storms. That's amazing. I can dig it.
as long as its not another Homicide or shooting.

Since: Mar 09

United States

#4 Jun 8, 2009
Thank god there was no Crack heads walking near there. They would have had there last blast....lol Shock
Pinkie

Tulsa, OK

#5 Jun 8, 2009
David: There was an article in the Tulsa World six months ago about PSO's project to bury power lines. The company was hit hard with the economy just like other companies. I believe that PSO really does want to complete this project - it would be so much less of a headache for them and their community image would improve greatly - but the cost is just too much. I lived in Midtown Tulsa (with overhead power lines) for about 8 years and it seemed like every time the wind blew, we lost power. Words cannot express how annoying and frustrating that was, particularly since I worked from home. If my computer lost power, I couldn't work. I agree with you that buried power lines would significantly reduce our power outages. But at the same time, I can't overlook the cost associated with this project. I suppose PSO could reinstate their project and pass those costs directly on to the consumer, but I wonder: if PSO gave Tulsans a choice to either continue with the status quo or require each customer to pay an extra $50 or maybe $100 each month to fund the project, what would Tulsans choose?

Here is the article from last winter: http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx... #

“Veteran US Army/Vietnam War”

Since: May 09

Tulsa, Oklahoma

#6 Jun 8, 2009
PSO is actually owned by the MONOPOLY American Electric (&) Power. It is no longer an Oklahoma company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Majority of school districts say teacher hiring... Tue david 15
walmart claims closing Sep 17 Vanador 6
The Hypocritical Voice of the Martyrs VOM (Sep '12) Sep 3 Kenny49 15
Did You Know Your Church is Not the Real Church... (Nov '16) Sep 2 Lutke Lover 2
What happened to the Mullendore Murder Case (Aug '08) Jul '17 Slow Reader 1,418
just looking for photos and info on my Dad... Jul '17 reader 4
theda muller (Nov '15) Jul '17 Dr Kildeer 16

Delaware Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Delaware Mortgages